The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Sadly that is the end. We have to wait for part two!

2. DoradoRider

DoradoRider New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Need help please

I have found I think everything I have the wooden box empty goldfish bowl 6 digit code and matches. What next? Goldfish swimming in tub. Boy is he happy to be free from small bowl. Any help would be great

3. Ashley1

Ashley1 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I've tried the wheels and even tried my interpretation of the symbols in the chest. I turn the falcons and nothing happens... I can't see how it's hard to get the wheels wrong ( then again this is me we're talking about)..

4. DoradoRider

DoradoRider New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    The scale is the problem. I don't know what to use to balance it
    Help. Please

5. Ashley1

Ashley1 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Panic over- I have a fuse! Not quite sure how I didn't get it before! Haha! I'm sure I'll be back in a bit- no doubt stuck again!! Thanks for your help!

6. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    You said you have the wooden box? You need to open it somehow. Its a wooden box remember.

@Ashley1 - good job!

7. soccerking1688

Oct 13, 2010
    U should go observe the car drawing, especially the tyre part. The white symbol on the tyre is the clue to the placement of the falcon.

8. soccerking1688

Oct 13, 2010
    U still have the wooden box with u right? Is the fire lit still on? If not, lit up the fire agn. U have to link the box to the fire lit.

9. Ashley1

Ashley1 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I'm back again- cracked the globe! Woo! But have no idea what to do now, nothing from my inventory will go on the scales! Help!

10. Peper

Peper New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Help

Ok, I have the fish bowl with/out water, matches and 6 digit code. I'm stuck. I can't seem to get the globe. I tried the word that wasn't visible at first and it doesn't work and then I tried a name of what I thought the word referenced and that didn't work. What am I missing?

Also, I can't get the door in the foyer to open. Help, please.

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok you have to open the WOODEN box.

You won't get into the foyer until the last bit so no worry. You found the "key" hidden from view? Do you notice what you have to do on the globe to open it? Is there someplace else in the house that has that same type of "coloring?" A code perhaps?

12. Peper

Peper New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I know the "key" word that is hidden and I know the letters have corresponding colors but it's not working. Am I missing something? I've checked and rechecked it to make sure everything matches but it's not opening.

13. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Hm no one reported any problems with it when they got the correct color combination! Are you sure that you got the exact colors since the orange looks a little yellow and they blend little? It will pop right up when you do the fourth color. Solved it twice now so I know the colors work!

14. Olimone Feuerglanz

Olimone Feuerglanz New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I started with this great game this afternoon - now stucked a bit - having the fish, matches and the code. How can I get rid of the fish? In the bathroom, sure, but I cannot find something to plug into the bath...
    Thanks for helping out!

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    You need to solve the cuckoo clock puzzle. In order to solve the cuckoo clock you need to have found the attic and the tree stump outdoors.

16. Olimone Feuerglanz

Oct 13, 2010
    attic was found, fire is lighting. okay, tree stump is solved as well (the puzzle)
    will check the clock......

17. Olimone Feuerglanz

Oct 13, 2010
    Found Grandpa! Thanks!

18. jverstrepen

jverstrepen Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Ok, I figured out this whole thing and I canNOT get through the very last part of this. Anyone got any hints on how to do the 3 wheels?

19. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Just look at how the wheels turn. Judge the distance needed to go when you turn the other. Work from the outsides in. It worked for me at least.

20. jverstrepen

jverstrepen Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I am, apparently, not very adapt at this. Still struggling