The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Suz

Suz Active Member

Dec 31, 2009
    bar manager
    Portland, OR
    I got it! I'm finally in the study... smooth sailing from here, right?

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Hope so!

3. wordddd

wordddd Active Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Thanks for the help!

4. jverstrepen

jverstrepen Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #44 jverstrepen, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
    Love this game!

5. jverstrepen

jverstrepen Member

Oct 13, 2010
    stuck

I was very excited to find your game and I've been having a great time playing but......I'm stuck and I don't know where to go from here. I've got the same items as Iphoneuserid. I've doused the fire with water but nothing seems to happen and I can't figure out what else to do with the items I have (matches, bowl with water and paper with 6 numbers). Please help!

Thanks!

6. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Did you solve the globe puzzle?

7. jverstrepen

jverstrepen Member

Oct 13, 2010
    YES! Just did! Didn't check all previous posts but when I did, I figured it out. Thanks...now to figure out the next part!

8. soccerking1688

Oct 13, 2010
    Pls help, I'm stilll not able to figure out the globe. I look at the four symbols but still can't get a clue, is there anything that I miss. I have the paper with 6 numbers, a gold fish bowl, a wrench, matches. Anything I miss here?

9. soccerking1688

Oct 13, 2010
    Where is the foyer? I can't seem to find the room with the staircase? is it the unlock room?

10. soccerking1688

Oct 13, 2010
    what is [redacted]?

11. Deana

Deana New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #51 Deana, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
    Wooden Falcon Help Please!

I know there's a clue in one of the bedrooms on which way to make the falcons face and I thought it might be the wheels on the car in the drawing but I just can't get it right. Can anyone please give me some falcon help?

I knew I was on the right track!!! Just had to work at it a bit!!!!

12. Ashley1

Ashley1 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Completely stuck! Help!

Hi guys, I love this game but I've got totally stuck!

I've got the 6 digit combination code, matches and a goldfish/bowl in my inventory. I know from posts on here that my next stop is to crack the globe code and I need to head to the study for clues.. The only rooms upstairs are his bedroom, the girls bedroom, the attic, the bathroom (which I now need a fuse in- no idea there either) and the door without the handle that I can't get in. Now.. This means that I don't have a study to explore.. So what am I missing?! According to the threads I should have a study upstairs, can someone help me here, I'm a simple soul so an outright answer to my problem would be great as I've tried using the threads to be pointed in the right direction and I've failed miserably! Please help!!!

13. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    You need the fuse to progress. Have your explored every bit? Outside?

14. tessaviper

tessaviper New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Please help

I'm one of those that has read through all the threads and although a couple of bits helped push me in the right direction, I have now found that i'm completely stuck again, i just seem to go from room to room clicking on things but getting nowhere. I currently have matches, fuse, ice pick, goldfish in a bowl or water and the 6 digit code. Please can someone help me in knowing what to do next. Lots of people have mentioned the globe but i still don't know what to do.

Apart from all that though, fantastic game, love these type of games and wish there were more of them :):):)

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    You have to use the ice pick. What would you use ice pick on? Where would that be located?

16. Ashley1

Ashley1 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Yep, as far as I can tell.. I've just gone outside again to make sure ive not missed anything. I can't do anything with the tree stump (I have matches, goldfish and the 6 digit code) and in the outside house I've already opened the cabinet and all there is are some wood shavings. I can't use any items and it seems there's nothing else to find :( thanks for the quick response by the way, I'm really pleased to have someone help me!

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Alright you have to give me a few minutes to remember where I found the fuse. Darn if all the rooms aren't appearing a blur now. Sorry.

18. Ashley1

Ashley1 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    The fuse isn't to do with the falcons is it? Because I'm stumped there too!

19. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes it is. You must have found the falcon from outside no? Have you tapped on the falcons to see that they can move? Somewhere in the house was a painting or drawing that had some distinct directional markings. Those were a code.

20. soccerking1688

Oct 13, 2010
    Hi, I've found grandpa. Is that the end of just a bug? I tapped continue but still being brought back to the same grandpa scene.