Universal The School : White Day (by ROIGAMES Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Bought on description alone... Was an impulse buy. Im a sucker for asian horror ✌#️

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    What's sad is devs shouldn't have to follow Rayark's lead. This is all on Apple and it boggles my mind that they still haven't fixed it.

This literally affects tens of thousands of apps from loading issues to now mostly useless leaderboards and achievements.

3. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I couldn't agree more!

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Is there a way to have it scary and easy?

5. Philosorunner

Philosorunner Member

Jan 23, 2015
    It'd be great if some posts were about, you know, this game, rather than the separate but important GC issue.

6. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Not to derail further. But if this kind of thing happened on PSN or XBL, there would have been a huge shitstorm and you better bet you sweet ass it would have been fixed in days. Apple wants to be a gaming platform but isn't doing what it needs to for it to be taken seriously.

On topic, this game is really good so far. Particularly surprised at how good the voice acting is when that's often an afterthought for imported games.

7. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Sorry. That'll be my last post on the subject.

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Any reviews on this game? The last five pages give no indication? Any videos?

9. jamieladc

jamieladc Active Member

May 9, 2012
    Did anyone ever give that much of a sh*t about Game Centre anyway? Everyone is different I know, but leader boards mean jack to me.

Agree that some imps on this actual game would be nice.

10. moon_frogger

moon_frogger Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Scary game. It's a classic survival horror and I can't believe it's on mobile!!!! Don't hesitate to get this if you're a fan of the genre

11. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I like it better than the PC version. PC version used marker items to save and it was stupid cuz u can run out of it. But now you use bulletin board to save and no items needed. The graphic is good. Console quality graphic.

12. dso

dso Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Gonna create a let's play of this game on my youtube channel, stay tuned.

13. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I got to room 2-8 and cannot seem to get in. I'm guessing there's a key I need in the office lock box. Can anyone give me a hint on what the combination is for the lock?

There are some numbers 3521 on one of the decorations but that doesn't seem to work

Excellent game. The atmosphere, top notch graphics and great voice acting. I'm also amazed at how it's seemless without loading screens between rooms, floors, etc.

Honestly have to put this over the aforementioned Forgotten Memories and Lost Within so far. Much more unique and interesting than those IMO.

14. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    How are you guys installing this? Disabling GC (which I never use anyway) isn't working for me. The additional assets still don't download.

15. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Some people can, most can't. It's not a 100% reproducible fix.

I know the airplane mode/ reset method that's supposedly fool proof, and my GC settings still stall out on a white screen. As such, it's a little hard to log out and no game is worth doing a factory reset just to play.

16. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Add me to the list of Game Center victims. I bought this as it's on a release sale right now, so hope Apple can get it together sometime soon.

17. mogwai

mogwai Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Finally got it running in my iPad Mini 2, not on my iPhone 5s yet though.. So far seems pretty good. Graphics are simple but crisp, overall pretty impressive graphically. The controls are usable with a few different control schemes, the default 'walk area' and 'look area' faux-joystick thing is working pretty well for me. Voice acting as about as hammy as you'd expect. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is, in the first 10 minutes, there was a scene which used a lot of glowing lighting effects and my iPad Mini 2 slowed to a crawl.. Hopefully the frame rate doesn't fall apart at crucial moments. I imagine this is less of a problem on newer devices. Is it scary? Not yet.. But that's not a bad thing; I appreciate a slow burn. I've heard so many good things about the original that I'm sure it will get there soon.

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Has anybody tried this with an iPhone 5 or 5c? Does it run well? I really want to buy it

19. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    work good on my ipad mini retina,without GC

20. wim

wim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Go and look for the box where rhe stairs was and turn around the working tool you see the combination
    For a locker in the room were you talked to the girl the nerdy one