Universal The Sailors Dream (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I was really anticipating this, not so much now.. Review made me buy year walk lol

2. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #62 Pipipitchu, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    I've just
    tapped a bottle on the main screen
    and a song began to play. I didn't know it would play a song and I don't want to listed to it. There is no way to skip it. Had to close the app.

It's my favorite Simogo game. Play it using ear phones (and in the dark, if you can). Read the companion app and don't read reviews or anything about it.

3. shdwstar2417

shdwstar2417 Member

May 16, 2012
    This also read the names of the islands carefully as some contain clues on how to go about them .

4. shdwstar2417

shdwstar2417 Member

May 16, 2012
    •••Spoiler good

5. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Screw it, I just bought all three of simogo's apps.. I'll try to play some device 6 here at work but wait until tonight to play sailors dream and year walk.. #

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, when their second game, Bumpy Road, came out I remember finding their first game, Kosmo Spin, and buying it just to support them! Turns out those are both pretty fun little arcadey games.

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I have device 6 and haven't finished it but think I'll buy year walk as well as this. Clearly no need to play any of these in order.

8. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Totally this. Go in blind with this and Device 6. They are both utterly fantastic slides of experimental narrative wrapped around a puzzle game framework (or, perhaps, the reverse)—unconventional, clever and ballsy. The only addition I'd make is to have a notebook and pencil on hand—you'll need it unless you've a very good memory…

9. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Ok so I just went nuts and bought sailors dream, year walk and device 6.. Are his other games instabuys as well? Please say no, I'm going broke here lol ###

10. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I've never played Kosmo Spin. Bumpy Road is very beautiful and charming, but I don't like it much because it's only a runner in the end (I can't stand runners anymore). Beat Sneak Bandit I would dare to say it's my second favorite Simogo game only behind Year Walk. That's right, I like it more than DEVICE 6. The soundtrack is awesome, the story and the characters are silly and adorable and the graphics are cartoonish like old Cartoon Network's shows (like Dexter's Laboratory). And the mechanic is unique and very fun. The level design is great. Well, I love it. I recommend you to play it to get all the clocks.

11. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Totally thought of dexters laboratory when I saw the screenshots too.. I'll pick this one up also and hold off on the other ones..

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Haha.. I went a little crazy as well. I owned device 6 and bumpy road and decided to get year walk and sailor dream! I'm not a huge fan of bumpy road but might get beat sneak bandit. It seems interesting as long as it has good controls...?

QUOTE=Pipipitchu;3395104]I've never played Kosmo Spin. Bumpy Road is very beautiful and charming, but I don't like it much because it's only a runner in the end (I can't stand runners anymore). Beat Sneak Bandit I would dare to say it's my second favorite Simogo game only behind Year Walk. That's right, I like it more than DEVICE 6. The soundtrack is awesome, the story and the characters are silly and adorable and the graphics are cartoonish like old Cartoon Network's shows (like Dexter's Laboratory). And the mechanic is unique and very fun. The level design is great. Well, I love it. I recommend you to play it to get all the clocks.[/QUOTE]

13. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    The control is so simple it couldn't go wrong: you tap anywhere to move. The catch is: you have to tap according to the rhythm in order to move.

14. Kagarn

Kagarn Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Does this have subtitles? I misses out on device 6 due to no subtitles. I have a hearing impairment, so I need them to follow along.

15. UScr00ge

UScr00ge Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Is there a way to send printing items straight to PDF for viewing on the device? I don't have an AirPrint printer.

A question I never thought I'd ask in an iOS game thread :)

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Um, wha? explain what you are trying to do?

17. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Same question here. Or export the texts to evernote or mail I'd love to be able to reconstruct the story, but I won't buy a new printer for it.

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Clearly it has something to do with something in game that I dont know about lol. Pip pip cheerio! Carry on then.

19. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Indeed, you find bits of text when exploring the different places, and you have the option to print them in game directly.

20. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Ah, but printing doesn't necessarily result in what you see on screen. ;)