The RPG Reload Play-Along Bonus Edition: Solomon's Boneyard

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Hello, gentle readers, and welcome to a special bonus edition of the RPG Reload Play-Along. Each month, we'll be playing an iOS RPG together, sharing laughs and tears in equal measures. The post on the front page is basically here to announce the game in question and give a few tips on getting started. The real action will be happening here in the TouchArcade forums, where you'll find a thread dedicated to each month's featured game. Sign up if you haven't already, post your screenshots, ask for advice, or just chat about your misadventures with others. We've got a great community of RPG fans here at TouchArcade, so let's make the most of it!

Okay, I know what you're thinking. The RPG Reload Play-Along of Final Fantasy Tactics was announced as a two-month run, so what are we doing here with another one? Well, there are a couple of reasons. First of all, I've noticed that most of our regular Reloaders have already finished the game, which is just amazing to me but also not super-surprising. Second, I had planned on doing a regular Reload File this week, but Square kind of dropped a surprise Final Fantasy release in my lap, which meant I was too busy to replay the intended game. I needed something to fill this week's slot, and some of you need something to play after beating Final Fantasy Tactics, so it all works out.

That said, I know many of our readers are busy playing new releases in what is shaping up to be an incredible month for gaming across a variety of platforms, so I've decided to make this a bonus edition that follows different rules from the usual. Instead of trying to beat an RPG, we're instead going to be tackling an arcade-style game with light RPG elements and seeing who can come up with the best score. Solomon's Boneyard just got a nice new update that makes the game compatible with the newest hardware and version of iOS, while adding some new stuff. As a result of that, it also resets your progress. Which conveniently means we're all starting from the same point, yes?

2. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Good idea. I'll download it later and give it a whirl again. The Solomon games are both really great pick up and play games.

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    My favorite twin stick shooters on iOS. I like Keep better just because it has an ending but Boneyard is great too. My first run did not go well. 538 kills with Sirmin. It's funny how quickly things go south with this game. Your doing great and then your surrounded and dead 3 seconds later.

4. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    332 with Eliss. Lightning is my favorite weapon type.

5. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    545. I just bought my first perk.

6. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    682 with Aliss. I wish the perks were more expensive but permanent. It's kind of nice that the price goes down when you buy them though.

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Yes❗️
    Downloading now. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr It’z cold in here

8. JKT123

JKT123 New Member

Apr 27, 2014
    #8 JKT123, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Lots and lots of luck with the random ring and bonus skill/quad damage book drops, but have always found Morth and his ice blast the best of the four default characters... can never get anywhere near with the other 3.
    Only paid to remove ads, no gold or Perks/Fates used: 2,006 from a 30 minute run

Edit: 1st run was 1,103 and 24 mins. Similarly lucky with book drops.

Attached Files:

9. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    -Slow Clap-

I'm going to have to try Morth. I've stuck with the lighting witch for a while but her magic circle special isn't all that great.

10. JeromeG

JeromeG Member

Dec 31, 2015
    305 with Lucritius, time 7:15. Not great but I haven't played this game in a loooong time...

11. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    First run ever. Can definitely see myself putting time in.

Attached Files:

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Has anyone tried any of the unlockable characters? I'm curious how they stack up against the 4 starters. I have to agree that, so far, Morth seems to be the strongest choice. I just finished a run with him of 610, which is my best so far. Overall this is a great twin stick. It reminds me a lot of idracula, way back in the early days of the App Store. Great choice for a quick play along!

13. mr_koala

mr_koala New Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Managed to score pretty well, made like 100k gold from that game too. Once you get to the third Unholy the kills really start to snowball, it spawns literally thousands of imps that all count towards your score and they drop insane amounts of rings and items

Attached Files:

14. Modjular

Modjular Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Oh man, no perks or anything?! What traits are you usually picking, what do you prioritize? I always go for mana regen when possible, I don't know if that is the right path. And do you have any basic tips for that stage where the wraiths start appearing?