Universal The Room Two (by Fireproof Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    iPhone, Android versions coming in "early 2014", according to their Twitter feed.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The hell? I was wondering why my download wasnt finished yet and when i checked it stopped halfway through, and when i resumed it, it started back from the beginning o_O

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Just the thing for my brand new iPad Air!

4. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Why is it not 10 PM CST yet :mad:
    3 more hours..... :(

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Hmm... Got finals tomorrow. If I don't go to sleep right now, before this hits the U.S. store, I'll never get to sleep tonight, lol.

Sleep? Or The Room 2? Such a hard choice...

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Does anyone know how many chapters are there in total in the game? I want to know so to pace myself slowly through the game. The original game was far too short, so this time I am going to deliberately slow down and enjoy the game.

7. Man, so easy to miss ipad releases, never would have seen this had the room not been free.

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Wow... parts of this leave me speechless. It's so immersive, quite like Device 6. Everything has been raised a notch from the first game. An absolute standout release for 2013.

9. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
  10. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I'm on the fence... (Not for a long time :)) How about the lenght? I played the first one, it was perfect but if the second one could be longer...

Anyway, i'll buy it soon. The first one was so good!

11. Richy23

Richy23 Member

Jul 12, 2010
    I've only played the first level and a half and wow, It's just as amazing as the first! Been looking forward to this for what seems like forever after The Room made itself my favourite ever touch screen game, and this does not disappoint!! :D

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've only just played the tutorial and then the first real room and wow is it living up to expectation, this is brilliant loved the first game and his one is looking just as good if not better.

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #33 y2kmp3, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Just finished the entire game without using any hints.

Agreed that the game is extremely polished. The modeling is well done and much more elaborate than that of the first game (which was already elaborate). The storytelling is much stronger, and for fans of this series, the ending definitely leaves room for a sequel.

Like the original game, to enjoy this game, you must accept the premise that the layout of clues is entirely arbitrary. While the game's near strictly linearity (that is, one puzzle leads to another strictly) is of some help in narrowing your focus when searching for what to do next, I found in many cases there is little logical reason why a certain clue is hidden here instead of there or why a certain mechanism is needed to be activated first over another. In other words, the contextual link between puzzles is minimal. This also means that you can find yourself stuck for a long time if you cannot find a particular clue, since the game rarely allows you to work on other puzzles if the current puzzle is not yet solved.

My only other minor gripe in this otherwise superb puzzle game is that the puzzles are somewhat easy and kinda obvious. Rarely was I puzzled even for just a moment on what I need or find to how to use a certain artifact I found. This, in turn, leads to quite a short game. It is longer than the first game, but this is a game that you can play from start to finish in a single sitting (as I did in my first playthrough).

14. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    In the pirate room how do you rotate the little square shards on the side of the box? The ones that are blocking be drawer from opening

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    theres something on the top I think it's the second thing that opens it has the same shapes on it as the side draw you need to turn them so they face the inside

16. iamheffe

iamheffe Active Member

Feb 11, 2013
    I'm stuck in the 3rd room, have no clue where to place the dagger. I've dragged it around every bloody screen and while I assume it slids into a slot but I'm obviously missing something...

Love the game other than this one frustrating dragger.

17. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013

How long was the game ? The first game was kinda short ..

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    top of the box

19. beesign

beesign New Member

Dec 5, 2012
    in room with camera... what to do with those 3 drawers?

20. iamheffe

iamheffe Active Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Thanks for the help but I've tried every spot and angle on the
    top of the box
    and there nothing. I assume you mean the
    top of the box
    in the middle of the room, the one with
    the gems which light up, although one is still missing?