Universal The Room Three (by Fireproof Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Just be happy this wasn't released last week. I literally could not handle anymore. Still catching up from last week's releases, but they're all on hold for this.

2. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Add me to the chorus of those delighted, and surprised to see this one, and I am hitting the buy button right now.

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  4. hazmatte

hazmatte Member

Jan 16, 2014
    WOO HOO! Instabuy! Where's that damn cat?

5. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Does this use metal? Trying to decide wherher to play on ipad 3 or iphone 5s.

6. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    don't know about metal, but there are graphics options in the menu.

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  8. Mry1975

Mry1975 Active Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Been waiting for this for years, imagine my disappointment that it's not compatible with my I pad. #######

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Damn straight it uses me. :)

Heh, well...in 20 minutes it will. C'mon download!

10. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Wow, I'm not sure how many chapters are in the game, but chapter one was epic! Absolutely gorgeous game, and I'm surprised how nicely it runs on my iPad 3.

11. Mry1975

Mry1975 Active Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Took a leap of faith and downloaded it seems to work fine!########

12. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I didn't like the second as much as the first...

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I've struggled to get into both the first and the second - and I love this type of game.

Strangely though I'm still tempted by this one! I think it's a case of trying to find what everyone else gets that I'm missing.....

14. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Can't believe you still expect a iPad that's years old to still support new iOS games, especially when you consider the difference between internal hardware and RAM

Sorry wrong comment

15. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Can't believe you still expect a iPad that's years old to still support new iOS games, especially when you consider the difference between internal hardware and RAM

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I think this one will appeal to a wider range of players than the first two games. It just somehow feels more accessible this time round, with a lot more areas to explore.

17. Same here.
    And I think I'm realizing why, but I might need to replay the first one to be sure. I think it involved more puzzles within puzzles, more hidden stuff. It made me feel more clever.

So far, this one feels a little too straightforward and so much of the environment is decoration (albeit very very nice decoration). Everything is more spread out here, instead of being on top of each other. But that still may change. And I'm still enjoying it. It looks so damn good.

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

The Room & The Room 2 were among my all-time favorite games for iOS. And I actually finished them =)

I've put about an hour or so into this beauty so far and feel it's safe to recommend to almost anyone. I'm absolutely loving the atmosphere, just as I did in the previous two games. This one seems to be a bit creepier so far, which is completely welcome. Can't wait to dig into this some more. Take that five stars, Fireproof!

19. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Instabuyyyyy
    This slew of releases has been really bad for my end of year productivity, seriously. xD

20. a_apple

a_apple Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Completely stumped on a puzzle shortly after where AppUnwrapper's walkthrough currently ends, that involves a star chart and moving two magnets around. Even after using all 5 hints. Don't remember having trouble like this in the first 2 games =/. I've still mostly enjoyed it so far though.