iPhone The Room by Fireproof Games, TA GotY 2012 Honorable Mention

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 18, 2012.

1. awertos

awertos Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I love this game. I play it in work. Thak's for your suggestion is very useful !

2. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    No, the 16 box panel is part of a different puzzle (no timer on that one).

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Played through this from start to finish and it's the most polished Escape the Room game I've ever played. Recommended.

4. lindbrite

lindbrite New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    As you have finished it can you help me as I am stuck on the bit where the hint tells you to open the ring for the bolts in the Q-shaped panel. I have used the spyglass to see inside and have lined up a shaft with the tail of the Q but nothing happens and I can't see what to do next. Please help!

5. siege187

siege187 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Really hope this comes to iphone

6. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    My thoughts exactly. Just completed the game and gave a 5 star rating on the App Store. Hope the next chapter is in the making :D

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Happy to help, but I'm unsure which section you are referring to. Which box are you in?

8. Shane Turner

Shane Turner Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Montreal
    Finished the game in a single sitting, couldn't put it down. Absolute quality. Fantastic interface. Great mood+art direction and music/sound design. I've always been a fan of 'cinematic' and 'ambient' puzzle games and this is up there on my list. I'd give this game another runthru easily just because I enjoyed the experience that much.

Lastly, this would be a fantastic short game on ANY platform, not just iOS. That's perhaps an odd compliment, but I I've played through so many big budget games on iOS that feel like the development cycle was too rushed, behind the fancy graphics there are clunky, unrewarding (overly repetitive) gameplay mechanics, you can see the shortcuts they took here and there.. ..and this game feels so completely polished in every single way.

9. Ericesq

Ericesq New Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Thanks, JSG1977!

10. tommyz

tommyz New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    need help please

i am stuck at the 3 gears or the cogs to unlock the 3rd mesh or column at the 3 box i think , the hint said "The Cogs arent large enough to mesh, Maybe connect them with something else?" but my question is, connect them with what ??? i still got the screwdriver in the inventory together with the 3 gears, i had line up the gears but it is not enough to hit the 3rd pole

11. JohnSimond

JohnSimond Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    :D Awesom!!!

12. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    There's a rubber band that you can find in a drawer. It will connect them.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So uhh, chapter two... I inadvertently guessed two of the four symbols laid out in a square. How was I supposed to find them?

14. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    A fellow forumer pm'ed me asking for help with one of the puzzles. Figured I'd answer later as I was busy at the time. But now I can't seem to find the message in my inbox. Gone just like that. Sorry dude!

15. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Look around, it's all in plain sight. Also don't forget to use the spyglass. There's one hidden near the cube with the numbers.

16. sammi

sammi Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Really awesome!

17. Nlichkis

Nlichkis New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I am also stuck with the orbs and have been at it for a week already. It feels like it should be very easy and I feel like a complete idiot. Please help! :eek:

18. IcarusFly

IcarusFly Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Music teacher, administrator of a home for abandon
    USA
    Did you try tilting the ipad? gyroscope style?

19. Corey.G

Corey.G Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Really love this game! Very well executed!

20. NathanQuest

NathanQuest Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Cologne, Germany
    Actually, there is :)
    To be fair, I also didn't see it AFTER I solved the puzzle. What I find great about this game - apart from all mentioned praises - all puzzle can be solved by looking closely. There is NEVER any guessing involved. Absolut fantastic.

There could have been some more hints as to where to use the tilt-mechanic though :)

LOVE this game and hope there will be more boxes. Bring on the Lament Configuration :)