iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    im really not sure about getting this game. I like rpg's but i only have 5 bucks left on my account so i dont know if its worth it? Also, after a while is there a possibility of a price drop?

2. MNFats

MNFats Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Sales
    Minnesota
    Not worth it.

This game is not really worth it...

the dead giveaway was the use of the word "provocative" used twice in the description of the game. One use is fine, two was out of place and a bit odd. Its someone trying to drum up publicity.

I'm still waiting for the "Great" RPG on the touch... this is not it.

3. Ecko7123

Ecko7123 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    so far its worth it somewhat hard to complete quests when i forget where to go but definately a good RPG

4. Mhans13

Mhans13 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    are u kidding me? did u play this game or just look at the description cuz if you gave this game ten minutes you wouldn't be able to put it down for days. this is the great rpg on the iPhone. this is basically a simpler version of oblivion, kinda like the first couple elder scrolls games. If you like RPGs at all get this game.

5. Ecko7123

Jan 28, 2009
    I feel the same way i mean you cant judge a game on how many times somebody uses the word provocative

6. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Hmmm....mabey that is because the game IS provacative. Do you own the game? Have you played it yet? Or could it be that you dont understand the word provacative? This is the best RPG to date on the iPhone...buy it - then b!tch about it.

7. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Let it be, guys.

We know the game is great, let others judge it however they want it. If they're just assuming or taking words out of context and twisting them into whatever they want it to be -- their loss. We, on the other hand, will just keep enjoying this game we have on our devices.

Cheers!

8. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

Well said indeed!

9. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    I can't find the lost mirror in the first caverns at the very beginning. Is there a guide to this game somewhere?

10. NienorGT

NienorGT Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    How is this game for a non RPG hardcore gamer?
    I want an RPG on my iTouch, and this one look the best, but how adaptable it is to the casual gamers?

11. Ecko7123

Jan 28, 2009
    its great i like rpgs i dont have alot but this is definately a game that will keep you entertained for a long while

12. Sylon/Redshift

Sylon/Redshift Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    #152 Sylon/Redshift, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
    nuclearpunkrocket: yes, in the next version there will be a way to choose which side of the screen you want to have the control bar - so you will be able to flip eggs and play with the game at the same time. : )

AchillesReborn: hmm, probably we'll do what you want, I mean if you will choose the 'virtual D-pad' option for the controls you can put some extra info in the place of the old control arrows. We'll see - thanks for the idea!

greenhornet9: no, I don't think there will be a price drop, it was not a point when we've developed the iPhone version - it's already cheap compared to the other (palm, pocket pc) versions. So get it when you can because it's useless to wait... : )

Ecko7123: we have a large and detailed Manual for the game, just check the main menu's Help (or our site www.redshift.hu) for more info! Probably we can update this with some 'strategy info', I mean just the basics. But the next version will have an updated Quest Log too, where you'lll find more info about the quests.

Noah: if you have problems with quests, just ask on the forum, here or somewhere else (1src.com, pdaground.com, catacomber.com, etc.) where there are a large community with hints, tips, other players.
    As for the mirror, search it on the floor, because the little girl accidentally left it somewhere - probably in a liquid object. : )

NienorGT: well, true, it's not a casual game. We'll try to put more help and easier controls in the next version so it's improving from time to time, exactly because of the 'casual gamers' who are not really used to a hardcore RPG. But I think once you're used to the game engine you'll love it.

13. Ecko7123

Jan 28, 2009
    how do i collapse the walls in the crypt ?

14. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Just hit "it" with your weapon.

15. Mhans13

Mhans13 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I'm still loving this game, im still not that far because i dont have as much time to play it as i would like, but i was wondering, when your stealth level gets high enough is there a chance of getting away with crimes without your fame decreasing or having to pay a fine? Cuz to me the advantage of being a theif in this type of game is getting free stuff, yes at a risk, but free stuff none the less. but if you always have to pay a fine after any act of wrongdoing, then it kinda takes away from the whole purpose of being a theif.

16. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    #156 Sylon/Redshift, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    Mhans13: of course when your stealth skill is high enough, you will have good or very good chances to steal from the citizens - you'll not get any crime points and your fame will not decrease when you are succesful. BTW, your chances are bigger if there are no other citizens in the near who also can notice what you're doing. : ) (As you reach city after city, the skill level you need will increase but the stuff you can steal from the people there will be more expensive too. The best stuff you can steal awaits you in the capital, Mithria.)
    Being a thief, you also should break into some houses. Through their window - try the ones which are not blinking in the night time (so nobody is at home), or through their door - use the skeleton keys you get in some cities' thief shops. Do this in the night-time too, because otherwise the citizens will catch you and call the guards!
    Also of course if your lockpick skill is high enough, you can easily go into jail (so you don't have to pay the fine) and pick your way out from your cell - true, then you get some crime points but you can get all the stuff from the jail (some of them are very interesting) and you can talk with a few guy who can clear your crime for some money.
    And of course there are many quests which you can solve in a different way - well, not always legally but at least you get more stuff. : )

BTW, don't worry about the crime - with time you will know the tricks how to bypass the city guards - all city and town has secret ways to get inside them without meeting the guards so you can adventure as a criminal too. : )

17. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    wow. that's gonna really help me.

i have a problem. i just bought some weapons for my character, put it only lets me equip my right hand. the only weapon that will go in my left hand is the starting weapon. is there a reason for this?

18. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Cool, I'll have to put this on my "get someday" list, this was the game I used to play on my Palm all the time back in the day. I don't think I've touched my Palm in 5 years (errrr, that sounds dirty), so this will be like new to me. :)

19. NienorGT

NienorGT Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I took the plunge and got the game. It's kinda cheap anyway when I think that last year I brought for half the price Doom "RPG" on my mobile phone. I just played 1h of The Quest and it's like 100 time deeper like game :p
    Controls are nice in Portrait mode, but not so good in Landscape, yet, I don't know why I would play in landscape. The fact that the option is posible to lock in an orientation is really a nice touch. When I play in my bed, I HATE that the game change orientation because I'm laid down.

Anyway, I'm loosing my time on this forum...
    Hail to Mersant!
    The insomniac Derth (witch not gonna be cured anytime soon now) is continuing his quest...

20. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    jupiter21: you can use mostly short swords in your left hand. Your starting weapon in that hand was a short sword, I'm sure, and of course later you'll find and buy (and get for completing some quests) better short swords. (How you can use that left-handed weapon depends on your 'dual wield' skill.)
    In your right hand you can use any other weapon.

Bitgod: hey, it was just 2.5 years ago! : )

NienorGT: Hail to Mersant! :D