iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Thank you, I was looking around the whole map for actual characters. I didn't realize they were just objects. I have another question about them though. Why does the girl let you keep them? Do they serve any purpose?

2. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I guess so, she says you could train them - maybe they will be needed to solve another quest?

3. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    I completed all of the other quests in the expansion (I think). Oh well

By the way, it's awesome redshift still checks this thread! I used to play this on my iPod touch 2g all of the time... I downloaded it on my iPad I missed it so much. How I wish you guys would make a sequel with higher resolutions and iPad support... One can dream, right?

4. Sylon/Redshift

Sylon/Redshift Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Anubis: sorry, I don't know that much about this expansion, it was not made by us (Redshift).

As for the new game: it's not a dream, of course TQ2 will have much higher resolution and iPad support. It will run perfectly on any device you can dream of. : ) It will still have our games' main "charm", I mean the hand drawn style of the graphics, but in a much higher resolution/quality and also the graphic engine will be more like a 2D/3D hybrid, not the usual 2D retro style.

5. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    Don't be sorry, you helped me figure it out!

And are you saying The Quest 2 exists? With ipad support, higher resolutions, and the unique hand drawn style? Someone call 911! I think my heart just stopped!

6. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    Check our my post here on the 28th February. : )
    So yes, we are working on it. (The project was started in October 2013.)

7. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

May 12, 2009
    My heart just stopped... I never thought there would be a sequel to The Quest... You guys made my day! :)

Will there be support for other platforms too? Android, Windows maybe?

8. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    I will love you guys forevermore! I never thought there would be a sequel! I remember you guys saying how you were planning on making a card game, but not a true sequel! Thanks for the heads up!

9. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    Yes, we're making a fantasy card game now (well, to be honest, since years...), the planned release date of this game is around the Summer of 2014. Until that we already started to work on TQ2, but because we are a very small team and because TQ2 is a large project, the development is slow.

Mantis: yes, from this time all of our future games will support all possible platforms. : )

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: when is TQ2 coming out???

11. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    The closest possible release date will be Christmas. : )

12. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I just want to point out, for anyone who like me read the RPG Reload post on this game, there is a free version if you want to try it. You have to search for "The Quest Lite." So far the interface seems really slick. I'm going to play some over the weekend!

13. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well.

Recently I got an iPhone so can you guess what the first game I installed on it was? ;)

I also have an iPad, but it was a mess trying to play this on that so I gave up. With the iPhone however, it's a lot more manageable.

Anyways, I haven't really played since I had my iPod Touch 4G. I originally bought this game when it came out for my iPod 2G, and bought the expansions as they came out. After I got rid of my iPod 4G I stopped playing. Since then, a lot of expansions have came out. So I just went and bought them all.

I was wondering though, are anymore expansions coming to the iOS version? Or do I own the complete game now?

I was also wondering, does anyone have a list of which order they should be played in? I know they vary greatly in difficulty, so I would like to the beat order.

While I'm at it, has there been any news on The Quest 2? It's still alive and going right?

Sorry for the long randomish post. I hope everyone had a nice holiday!

14. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Did it release?
    I've been out of the gaming world for a bit, and just got back in

15. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    No, sorry, we're still working on it. (Well, on both games.) We just started a Facebook page yesterday so if you want to keep in touch with us and know more info about our new games during their development, please check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/redshifthungary

Thanks!

16. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    We, Zarista Games, makers of many of the Quest expansions just released our new RPG game Omber. If you enjoyed our expansions, we think you will like Omber.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/omber/id917911263?ls=1&mt=8

The game is .99 cents--a bargain but we thought it good to introduce our 3d stories.

Description
    Omber is an immersive, first-person, role-playing game.The Wizard Somes has captured the Princess Kroma and keeps her prisoner in the Omber, an alternate dimension. He uses her magical powers to enslave the local villagers to work in his mines.

It's your mission to kill Somes, free the villagers and free the Princess. There are resistance fighters who will help you. You'll have Root, a wise Ent to adventure at your side.

Move within a beautiful, 3d world with appeal and challenges for Adventurers of all ages.

Old-school atmosphere.

Easy controls.

Multiple side quests in addition to your main missions.

Level up by battling your foes.

Earn reputation points by doing good deeds.

Find Sparkles of Happiness to fatten your purse.

Mine, create potions, weave, make shoes, forge weapons and more.

Attached Files:

17. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks catacomber..i enjoyed The Quest and expansions..are there many puzzles in this game?

18. swisssk8er1

swisssk8er1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 12, 2011
    From Redshift's Facebook page:

I'm excited!

19. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    I so wish they would make a Vita version. It would be mobile and have physical controls. I would quit my job and lock myself in a room for a few months....

20. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy