iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    where can i get a better short sword? i just have "short sword" and i want something new...

2. Ecko7123

Ecko7123 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    okay i would go into the woods in a area to do a quest/train and be chased by strong levels into another town like i was chased to Vastares by orcs at i think level 4 or 5 lol i dont really remember but im level 8 now and im doing missions in mithria and most of witch to hard to do lol

3. TomFratelli

TomFratelli Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I heard expansions are coming out, is this true?

4. Ecko7123

Jan 28, 2009
    yeah the Sylon says there are gona try to

5. Sylon/Redshift

Sylon/Redshift Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Yep, it's true. The official expansion will come - not now, but soon. : ) That will take at least 70% of the base game.
    That's why jupiter21 has right when he writes that a level 15 player at the end leaves a lot of space for a whole new island or two. : )

6. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    jupiter21: as far as I remember if you complete all quests for Thurm (he lives in the Peninsula near Matras in a small hut), he will give you a cool short sword, one of the best short swords in the game... (So complete all quests for him, because if you solve one, he will give you a harder, longer one too.)

7. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    ok. thats good because im working on one of his quests now :)

thanks alot!

8. Shroud

Shroud Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Controllers aren't that bad

I've picked up the game based on everyones recommendations and have enjoyed it so far. I first tried to use the touch on the screen controls but found myself liking the buttons on the bottom better for movement.
    Save button comes in handy as being a mage I have low hit points and can easily be killed by a long distance archer.
    All in all a very enjoyable game so far and looking forward for it as filling my niche for a RPG game.
    I was considering Dungeon & Hero first as I am an old school Diablo fanatic but decided after seeing a video of The Quest that this is the best RPG game on the ipod touch/iphone.

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I have both and I suggest Dungeon & Hero anyway because IMO it's a good RPG also

10. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    #210 writingsama, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    how do you kill the cyclops king (in the silver peaks?)

I have the cyclops sword, two quests (one is for treasure, the other is to help out the farmers who gave me the sword) to do it, 40 heavy weapons skill (yeah low...had to enchant a heavy quilted armor for that...I'm a mage)...fortify melee and strength potions, sap his will with boosted magics, but I can't damage him! not even a little! not a sliver! not even with my most damaging spells either, or any weapon. He seems invulnerable to all damage! I can pwn anything I come across, even groups of them, but he doesn't even get a tiny sliver taken off his health. how do you kill him!?!?!?!?!?

11. Ecko7123

Jan 28, 2009
    im havein trouble fighting enimies from afar to but i just found fireball so it helps

12. writingsama

Dec 4, 2008
    OK, so, **spoiler**

there's a random enchantress in the area that fixes the sword so it works on the orc king. sigh. found that by dumb luck.

**spoiler end***

now I can't find the thieves guild....I've searched literally every square inch all the way around lay freymore on the east side within two zones, and most of it on the west side, and nothing! I've literally spent like 3 hours at it.

w.t.f.? at least what ZONE is this convoy or whatever in that i'm supposed to ambush!?

13. writingsama

Dec 4, 2008
    omfg...finally find it...10 seconds after I post about it.

**SPOILER**
    hugging the lakeshore in "lake of freymore - eastern" zone
    **END SPOILER**

14. shenhan

shenhan New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    i'm wondering if the additional world feature in the original palm version will be include in future update...or an expansion?:D

15. Ran Tan Waltz

Ran Tan Waltz Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Is there a walkthrough yet? : /

16. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Spoiler Alert:

Writingsama stated that he found the enchantress by sheer luck. For others who are having trouble with the sword: go back to the person who gave it to you and complain. He'll tell you where to find the home of the enchantress.

17. writingsama

Dec 4, 2008
    #217 writingsama, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    OK, Quest finished. Story was standard fantasy fare, but not what I was *expecting*, which was nice! I would've loved to see a lot of concepts in the game expanded upon deeper - i.e. having your morality effect the game in more ways, etc., and also a quest-tracking system is in SORE need, and maybe an "auto-kill all monsters that aren't worth your time upon going near them" feature so you can run around easier.

That said, great game, loved it, 9/10 score. I cannot wait for the expansion and I'll be playing through as a pure fighter; I'm told it's a pretty different experience.

Also TO THE DEVELOPERS: it kept saying "script error" at the end, after talking to/before defeating the final boss, no matter which way of fighting him I chose, though the game continued fine and I finished and the ending was proper for the two different things I tried. I can elaborate exact conditions if you'd like through email. It was strange.

FINALLY **spoiler** does anyone know if you can go into the silver peak treasury/etc. with the dragon key now? Maybe there is a bit left to it after all... **end spoiler**

18. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    Congrats, writingsama!

Yes, please send us that 'script error' thing at the end via email: redshift at redshift dot hu. Thank you!

As for the Silver Peak Cave - if you mean the 'Temple' there, it's just a sign (showing that the underground building already started...), not a real building.

19. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    Hey Guys...

should I get this one or Puzzle Quest. I think both are great games but how intense is this one? I think I don't have THAT much time to play a full-scale RPG...

Greetz,

Flip

20. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    i am thoroughly confused with the game. i thought there was an in game tutorial before but i cannot find where to access it.

i downloaded the 38 page tutorial. is there any hope for me?

my race is rasvim and im a fighter class.

im on this barn place thing and i keep circling around trying to find out what to do. am i supposed to knock every door?

the controls are bad on landscape since up and down are on the same line.

HALP PLZ!!!