The Quest - official Mission Pack 'Islands of Ice and Fire'

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chillingo, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    Very good, thank you! :)

2. Gotty

Gotty Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    UK

If I remember years ago, either Sylon or Stewe at Redshift, was on the old pda forum, said how they liked George RR Martin's books, so I thought that i would check them out, and now thanks to Redshift I am hooked on his books!

3. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm also a huge fan of of the Song of Ice and Fire series (although waiting for publication of the fifth volume has been sheer agony!) The Quest approaches fantasy in the same convention-breaking way as George R. R. Martin's books have. I read recently that HBO has optioned the series and is producing a pilot episode, so fans might have a chance to see their favorite characters on the small screen.

I can't even begin to express how much I am looking forward to The Quest expansion pack.

4. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    It is nice to see game Devs having such good taste :).

See how much good can come from playing games ;)? There is a great resource site and discussion board on asoiaf.westeros.org .

Anyway, I wonder what if any homage to the trademark qualities of the series will this expansion provide. Betrayal? Inappropriate relationships? Struggle for the throne? Massive battles? Stupid protagonists getting themselves killed? :).

5. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Some bad news: Today Apple rejected the expansion, citing "inappropriate content", more specifically some sentences which the prostitutes can say. :( We deleted/modified some text to tone it down and resubmitted. Hopefully they will not find any "faults" this time. If they don't, we expect it to appear in the app store next friday/saturday (may 15 or 16).

6. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry to hear about this! I've been so keenly awaiting the expansion game it is not funny. I can't believe I'm so excited over a coming game :D. When I heard about this I said "Gosh darn you Apple". Well, OK, I actually used stronger language than that...

Never mind Elendil / Redshift, I and all the other fans of The Quest will keep waiting and will be more ready than ever to pounce on the expansion game when it is released to the iTunes store.

7. SceneKidChaos

SceneKidChaos New Member

May 10, 2009
    #27 SceneKidChaos, May 10, 2009
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
    Arghhh I cannot wait for the expansion! Elendil from redshift said something about it coming out on the app store yesterday or the day before and it's not out yet!!! -.- my character is lvl 19 who hits high 170s with melee and 150s with range and he wants fresh enemies to kill! Heh but at least all the waitings made me prepared... 100k gold saved and armor and cloaks for every occasion ^.^ too bad once I get on the expansion all my items will probably seem outdated. And again I'm like so stoked over the new game

-edit:damn didn't see elendils line about how it got rejected... Alright I'll keep waiting

8. Tarcin

Tarcin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    I am buying a gift card exclusively for this expansion. :D I can't wait! I will have to work first though, because my character is only level 8.......

9. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Don't worry about "only" being a level 8. Keep enjoying playing The Quest and your character will soon level up. From memory the expansion game uses characters starting at either level 12 or level 15. And you can play the expansion without needing to have played The Quest before. If you start new characters they will begin at the base level of 12 or 15. I suspect if you level up too much beyond that then the game will be too easy and not as much fun to play. Because that is where the enjoyment is for me in The Quest. It's challenging to play and I've needed to rethink strategy at times. Just hacking and slashing without giving it much thought did not serve me well through the entire game.

10. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    So, it was re-submitted a week ago today. Here's hoping it's released pretty soon. I'm going crazy waiting.

11. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

May 12, 2009
    Argh ... can't wait. :D

It should be out tomorrow, shouldn't it?

My Lv.15 undead wants new enemys. ;)

12. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

The Isle of Fire

Does this remind anyone of the title from Ultima VII's expansion: The Isle of Fire? If not in graphics and story, in name, it does me. While that was the first PC expansion game ever, this may well be one of the first or first true expansion games at the App Store that perfectly syncs with one's ongoing The quest game. Excited is I!

13. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    I hope it makes it out today or tomorrow. This game is awesome

14. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Wasn't it "The Serpent Isle" or something along those lines? ;)

15. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Jeez... I'm begining to think this was rejected...again.
    C'mon redshift or chillingo, we need an status update!

16. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    i think ill be getting wolf rpg instead

17. Myrobotwillneverdie

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Why not both? :D
    I really want to play these and Zenonia

18. Gotty

Gotty Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    UK
    For crying out loud! Where is it! Jeez!

19. ImNotHere

ImNotHere New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    #39 ImNotHere, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
    i am almost finished i think (im on enter undead city) but my governors necklace mysteriously disappeared before i could finish the quest... ive ask a few people and one of them said to contact someone from reshift (i did a month ago but no response) any ideas?

edit: after reading how off topic that last reply was im still waiting anxiously for the expansion to see the new things to kill (im a almost-pure-mage derth w/ some light wep and armour)

20. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    So I take it the game doesn't have a map that tells me where to go. Dang.