Universal The Quest Keeper

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tysonibele, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Any beta codes left?

2. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Yes, just PM me your email for an invite.

3. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Just did, thank you!

4. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    AppSpy put up a hands-on video of the game!

5. Spracky

Spracky Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Ooo, nice! Getting some publicity :D

6. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Hey Tyson, did anyone mention about the game always showing as update status in TestFlight? As it does it for me. When I try to update it, it will download to probably 90% according to the status bar and just stay that way. But when I check the game icon it's seems already finish download and installed as I can launch the game. When I close my TestFlight and open it again, it shows Update for the game again. The cycle pretty much repeat itself if I keep updating it. So I am not even sure the build I have running now is actually the actual build from TestFlight or not. Only for this game thou, I have other games in TestFlight they all update fine.

7. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Hey Kopicha,

Yea a few people reported that problem and I'm not sure why it's happening....if you got to that 'stuck at 90%' issue then yes, you have the right build installed :) For some reason, even when it gets stuck, it still installs properly. It seems to be some random issue with TestFlight and this particular build. The previous beta build didn't have that issue.

I'm not too worried about it, though. People have still been able to play the build, and the final version is coming out near the end of next week!

8. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    haa ok good to know. it actually makes me wonder how come the game has update everyday lmao :p

9. SpungeGames

SpungeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    So keen for this game. Have you submitted to Apple yet?

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Really, free? Why?

11. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Love this game!
    I really like that there is some randomization among some floors when restarting again.

12. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Yup, just waiting on Apple Approval!

13. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    I've had good luck with releasing free games in the past, so why not again? :) It can also reach a much wider audience that way.

14. Spracky

Spracky Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Found another bug.

When you have the shoes that allow you to jump holes, and you jump from a solid block over to a wooden bridge, you will just glide across. Example: S= solid block, O= open space, W= wooden bridge

SSSOWWW

If you jump from the S to the W, when you reach the W you will continue to glide across until you reach a solid block again.

Also, if you spawn on a respawn block, and try to jump an open space beside you, you cannot jump across.
    R= respawn block, O= open space, S= solid block

ROSSS

If you jump from the R to the S, you will just fall into O. I hope I was clear enough :)

15. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Oh man...great bug reports as always! Since these aren't truly game-breaking bugs I'm gonna hold off on fixing them until the first QK update (which should be fairly soon after release), because otherwise I'll lose my spot in the review queue (it's currently submitted for approval) and may not be able to hit my target release of next Thursday. But they're both noted and will be fixed soon :)

16. Spracky

Spracky Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
    #76 Spracky, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Ok, cool! Glad I could be of help. :D Also, when are you gonna post on your development blog about The Quest Keeper?

17. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    #77 tysonibele, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  18. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England