Universal The Quest Keeper

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tysonibele, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback so far...

A new TestFlight build has been posted. Current beta testers should receive notification of it soon. The beta is still open to newcomers so if you want in, PM me your email address!

Changes in the latest build are as follows:

* landscape mode auto-rotation enabled
    * the giant-sized shoes/costume bug has been fixed
    * the sliding menus can be flicked back and forth for easier scrolling
    * revives now re-generate after being used
    * lead loafers removed...crossy cleats harder to obtain
    * quest gate lag (when you don't have enough money to enter) fixed
    * incentivized ad rewards decreased
    * mystery chest minimum reward bumped up to 50 (was 25)
    * various other tweaks/bug-fixes

Still on the todo list:

* increase button hitbox tolerances
    * pause button
    * splash screen
    * possible in-game bonuses for wearing the animal costumes?
    * possible leaderboards?

2. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I can't get the new build to install.
    It stops with about an 8th of the file to go.

3. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Seems like a TestFlight issue. Let it sit for a minute then go to your dashboard and you should still see the game installed.

I was having the same problem on my iPhone 4S, but even though TestFlight was getting stuck with a little chunk left, the game was still installed on the phone.

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Really enjoying this a lot so far

5. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I finally got it!

I had to delete the older app and then install the new version.

Thanks

6. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Hey Tyson, sorry for the late reply I've been too busy playing your game!
    I seriously love your game and I've been comparing it to Crossy road. I love Crossy road but I simply love this more! I love their little noses - so cute! #
    PROS:
    - the costumes are really cool and I like how they don't just improve your looks but they give you power-up sort of things like 'walk on water' that help with the obstacles.
    - the noses - obviously!
    - I like how the different quests change the difficulty and terrain. I bought the last quest for 500 coins and damn, it's hard! That'll keep me on my toes (which leads to my next pro...)
    - The gameplay doesn't get boring due to the different unlocks and costumes and artefacts and flamin' WANDS!! Awesome!
    - I like the icon, I mean it has the cute nose on so why not! :D
    - there's loads more and I'll be back with 'em...

CONS:
    Well this is gonna be hard!
    - this could be thrown around as a Crossy road clone (we both know it's not but I think you may need to display that it's not - it's a god damn auto-walker, nothing gets better than that apart from their awesome noses☺️)
    - this game could also be too hard to some people. It is for me but that's the whole point - so you'll have another go and keep playing. I like it like that but others mayn't so maybe move the score thing down to 200 or 250 maybe
    - you cannot change this as it's the whole point of the game but the style may not appeal to all audiences it does to me but yeah...

Can I just say that I was being really picky with those CONS. They were actually really hard to think of! I suppose there's no feedback without the cons though is there! Anyway, I'll try get back to you with more feedback when I can, I hope you reply, thanks for letting me test your game.

Takeo

P.s. My high score is 146. Pretty crap right! #

7. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Thanks for the glowing review, Takeo!

I'm not too worried about the Crossy Road comparisons....I'm pretty up-front about the fact that it was my inspiration! Hell, there are even CR-based unlocks in the game, as a little nod to Hipster Whale :)

The difficulty is something that could still be tweaked, but I think right now based on beta tester feedback I'll keep it close to where it is. The latest version of the game (the final release version, not the beta version) has GameCenter leaderboards enabled for the Endless quest, so you'll be able to see how other people are doing.

Thanks for playing!

8. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    For those unable to join the public beta, here's some gameplay footage from two of the many available quests :)

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Looks awesome! Very Crossy roads inspired

10. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'm having fun with the beta. I'm having the hardest time not falling off the various edges, especially the zig zag sections. I never seem to make it too far.

11. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    same here, for me the game have been running great and have not gotten any issue that I can notice yet. but i also have problem getting far especially on those narrow zig zag section. tend to fall off lmao :p

12. Spracky

Spracky Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
    I've done about 7 quest by now, but on the inferno level I can't even get past 81 steps... Also in that level the floor is so dark that it's hard to tell if blocks are missing or it's just a dark section of the floor. Anyways, this is currently my favorite game on ios. Amd to you guys having trouble on the zigzag sections, get the shoes that let you take one step at a time :)

13. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Hmm...is it possible the brightness on your device is set to really low or something?

Either way, I will boost the brightness of all Inferno blocks for you, and that change will be available in the final release version :)

14. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Let me know how the 'after' panel of this gif animation looks on your screen!

[​IMG]

15. Spracky

Spracky Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
    *much* better, thanks.

How's the pause button and splash screen coming along?

16. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    All done,

Just working on a few more things before I get set to submit for approval!

17. Spracky

Spracky Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
    The excitement is strong :D

18. BethAlgieri

BethAlgieri New Member

Mar 20, 2015
    London
    Oooh I can't wait for this!! Looks really great. Good luck with the launch :)

19. RT_RT13

RT_RT13 New Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Like the art in the game...would like to test it

20. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Sure, RT_RT13, just PM me your email address so I can send you a beta invite :)