Universal The Quest Keeper (By Tyson Ibele)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Welcome to the forums! The endless mode doesn't have axes, arrows, spiders or lasers as far as I know. I have seen fire though (not lava - haven't run across that yet). All those things seem to be in their own separate game mode. You can get there by going to the scroll (at the beginning, where all the equipment chests are) and swiping at the top to select from a variety of different game modes. When you complete said modes you are awarded half a heart per mode, which allow you to take more damage from spikes, saws, etc.

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Has anyone been having trouble with revives. Twice now I've been unable to move after using a revive. The game isn't frozen as I can pause/unpause and the hazards keep moving, but my swipes aren't recognized. The only way out is to force close my app so not only does it end my run and waste the cost of the revive, but I also lose my end of run reward.

It happened once at around 400 and once around 600, both on a run where I had collected a relic and both when I've had intermittent 3G reception.

3. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Hey, this is a known bug (happens when you get an artifact in endless mode)....it's fixed in the next update :) Should be out soon.

4. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Hey,

It's by design, yes, but only because I didn't anticipate people getting so far!

In the update after the next one (I have a bug-fix update being pushed currently, that I won't interrupt), I will think about either nerfing the Crossy Cleats a bit (most likely) or increasing the difficulting of the endless quest a lot as you progress. Or maybe both!

I checked the scoreboards today and some people have an insane score (5000+!). Once I rebalance things, I might push a new scoreboard so everyone is on the same playing field again.

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Great stuff. I'll watch my continues until then!

6. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Been playing this today and paid to remove the ads after just a few goes. Was finding it hard to play on my old iphone 4s due to small screen and my large fingers, so I've switch to playing on my ipad mini and that is much better.

Really enjoying it now but finding quite hard, but I'm getting better each game I play!

Great job and I look forward to the update

7. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    The 4 star iTunes review I just posted:

"This game has the potential of being quite good, however, the on-screen ads probably should go (they obscure the view of the game). The other two types of ads that are in the game, the ones that happen when you restart, and the ones that happen if you want more coins, are probably sufficient enough for the developer to make money. Implementing a way to hold the screen vertically would be quite cool. Also, always always always tell customers how much you are charging for things upfront! No one wants to put in an iTunes password to find out how much the IAP is. Having said that, I like to game enough to consider removing the ads."

After reading the forum, I'm glad to see that a portrait implementation is coming. The game definitely has potential!

8. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    The next update actually has this too, for the ad removal IAP.

Still have to figure out where to find the space on-screen to have the "buy $500" button show the cost as well...but it's on the todo list.

Thanks for the review :)

9. mondoz

mondoz Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I finally have enough cash to buy something. Any suggestions? What's the best bang for the buck starting out?

10. Miaaaou

Miaaaou Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    I personally run with the jumping boots, the thing that protects you vs saws and the staff that keep gates open. Did 1800+ yesterday running this :)

@tyson hey :) your game is awesome! I need one last artifict and I've found something a little bit disturbing... When you actually get into the lava (idr the artifict), with the jumping shoes, you actually can go through the laval that is dropping out from some tubes. And I was wondering if it was normal or not? Cause it could be tricker ;)
    Idk about te portrait view I like it the way it is, but I experimented (and somehow raged a bit) the problems of some directions that aren't going in the good way. But this is detail :)

PS: your head is salty? Fair nuff
    *understand who will*

11. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Update!

Version 1.01 is now live on the app store!

[​IMG]

Changes include:

* Play in portrait mode!
    * Switch to top-down view! (tap the cube in the top-right of the screen)
    * Game no longer freezes when you collect an artifact in the endless quest and then try to revive
    * Game should no longer freeze in rare instances after completing an IAP
    * "No Ads" IAP button displays price/currency

Some changes that did not make it into this version, but will make it into the next:

* "500 coins" IAP button display price/currency
    * gate buttons generate closer to gates
    * end of throne room no longer has invisible lasers

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Came right on to post the exact same thing, WWE style. :D

HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT!!!

Congrats on the feature, by the way...so, so, so deserving.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy shit indeed. Lol. Fantastic first update, lots of love going into this one already.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh crap the update wiped my savefile!

15. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Wait, really??

None of the save-file logic was changed....did you delete your app data before upgrading?

How many coins did you lose? PM me your device IP address and I'll credit them back to you.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im pretty sure i only have around 400 coins more or less, but i have unlocked the spaceman and robot suit, along with a couple quests. No biggie, i can restart from scratch since im enjoying the game.

The others may have gone farther though, and may not want to restart from scratch.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One more thing. I cant find the top-down option in the options menu.

18. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Tap the little cube in the top-right corner of the screen :)

19. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Woot love the new camera angle, just played two runs and beat my high score by a little bit :D

20. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Hey Sexy Pirate,

Glad you like the new angle! When you installed the update, did it clear your save file, the same way it did for Exact-Psience?