Universal The Quest Keeper (By Tyson Ibele)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 31, 2015.

1. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Never got into crossy roads. Preferred that zombie on instead. Well I did until this came out. Anyway, how far away can the button be generated? I went back and looked and found nothing. Hehheh sorry for bugging you of course

2. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    The button will always be generated within 9 blocks of the gate, length-wise.

If you come across a gate that doesn't seem to have a button again, please take a screenshot and post it here. Maybe you found a bug!

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This game is Flop Rocket hard! But as in FR, the more I play, the incrementally better I get. I just keep going back..Nice job!

4. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #64 SumoSplash, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Quoting psj here, hit the wrong button, sorry...

This is why I asked earlier if it was possible to stop the character from moving without having to use an object to block him. I found I had little control over preventing death.

5. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Yes, where are the settings?

6. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Is anyone else having trouble with the controls? I have lost a few good runs because a swipe was not registered, and sometimes the responsiveness is slow.

I think this may be partly due to the isometric view, should the swipes be isometric or straight? That is unclear to me.

7. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    By default, 'continuous drag' mode is off...which means that only 1 swipe is registered per finger move, until your finger is lifted. During quick successions of swipes it's sometimes possible to do two swipes but not have your finger completely raise between them if you're not careful, thereby causing the second swipe to not register.

If you go to the settings menu (to the right of the wizard in the starting area), you can enable continuous drag mode which may help. Beside the continuous drag option is a swipe sensitivity option. I'd suggest setting that to medium or low when continuous drag mode is on :)

8. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    in transit
    I have also had trouble with some swipes not being registered. The problem seems to be when swiping over an ad at the bottom (the ad area seems not to register swipes for control). Unfortunately this is where I'd like to swipe, so that my finger doesn't block the screen.

Having fun with it otherwise.

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The quests are really difficult, even if you are properly equipped. This may be too hardcore for me to keep playing, but I have had a blast with it!

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I had so much trouble due to the view. My brain-finger coordination messed up every few seconds because of this.
    Than i started to go left/right with my left thumb, and up/down with my right index finger. Resulted in completing all rooms and an endless highscore of 786 without a continue (i was testing). No way for me to play one-handed. Oh, and i never had a moment of not registering any swipe. I only swiped wrong, my own fault.

11. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    If you don't want to pay for the IAP to remove ads, just turn on airplane mode while playing and you won't see any :)

Alternatively, an update is coming out soon that allows the game to be played in portrait mode. Even with ads enabled, this will provide a lot more room under the character to swipe, without obscuring the details.

12. edwin.ramirez

edwin.ramirez Member

Sep 11, 2013
  13. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Paid to remove the ads after two runs, I'm enjoying this one.

14. digitalmasterc

Feb 14, 2012
    Anyone tried the walk slow equip? I have enough to buy it. It seems it could be equally detrimental as it is beneficial.

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX

I found it quite helpful on the first quest, but otherwise detrimental as you suggested.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Can't even find buy 500 coins XD but if I do does that removes ads as well

17. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    As much as I'm enjoying this I can't help but think it would have been much better if the view was straight on instead of an isometric angle, as there's times when I swipe in the wrong direction which never happened with other games like Crossy road. ;(

18. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Game Update (that is currently just waiting for app store approval) has top-down view option :)

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don't know about different view, the current option works for me. I don't have any problems whatsoever to swipe in the right direction. My first purchase were shoes that allows me to move one block at a time and it's a nice change of pace even though when things become hectic on the screen it's more of an disadvantage. Now I'm trying to save for those shoes slowing down the character, I hope it's gonna be more helpful;)
    This game's amazing and I love it. The voxel graphics suits it perfectly and I found it fairly entertaining even after several hours. Thanks for the ads removal IAP. After getting rid of an ads this became fully premium title which will stick for quite some time on my devices. Very well done!

20. Longicollis

Longicollis Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Commercial Diver
    Kuala Lumpur
    1st time poster here.

Cheers for the game. Brilliantly executed game.

Crossy Cleats is kinda imba especially on the eternal mode; at least for me. Managed to get to 2,510 without much effort. Almost kill my enthusiasm as I surf the eternal mode. I was doing my potty and my ass was getting numb LOL.

No swinging axes, fire, arrow, spiders, lasers spawned on my farthest run. Is that by design? I was expecting hell.