Universal The Quest Keeper (By Tyson Ibele)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 31, 2015.

1. romiem

romiem Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Woohoo made top 50!

Doubt I'll stay there once America wakes up though :)

2. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Bought the add remover. Great game

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Probably in a minority !

Find it frustrating i cant keep my finger on the screen to move the character about. Have to keep taking my finger off to slide/swipe

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm kind of scared to open this up if it's as addictive everyone says. I still have issues playing pocket 2 mine too much haha.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Have you tried the continuous drag setting?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks ! Took me a while to find that place on screen where i could change the settings

Thats more like it, enjoying this now, shall get rid of the ad's now. Cheers

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #47 H4nd0fg0d, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Meant yes, it works on the 6. Lol

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    No problem. Though all I did was read the app description, haven't downloaded the game yet.

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#49 Anotherkellydown, Apr 1, 2015
    I had a really good run this morning before heading off to work. Apparently Game Center didn't auto log me in because The Quest Keeper isn't showing up as the last game I played and my new score isn't showing up. Bummer. Guess I'll try again later.

Anyone know if this has cloud saving? If I install this on my iPhone then load it up would that possibly update the score I got earlier from my iPad?

10. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    lol omg i love it

11. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    #51 tysonibele, Apr 1, 2015
    Hey,

Game Center will only log you into the game once you click the 'Scoreboard' button for the first time. I did those so that people didn't have to deal with unwanted popups if they don't want to use Game Center...I personally hate when I open a new app and am greeted with login prompts :)

That said, don't worry. The Game Center score that's submitted each time you open it is your best score, not your current score. So the next time you visit Game Center in-game, it should update with the high score you had.

It doesn't currently have cloud-saving, though. So you'll need to load it from the device you got the score on.

12. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Hey tysonibele! I think I spelt your name right hehheh, k I got a question. Twice already the game has generated a fence across the road that I can't get over! Am I missing something on my walk there? There is no way at all to get over it, I've seen that fence generated elsewhere but it has a spot to get by. This one thats generated doesn't. Both times it meant I had to suicide. And I revived a couple times to get ere so I was saddened Lol

13. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    Hey, all the fences that get generated have a corresponding button that, when pressed, will cause the fence to go down. Sometimes the button is in a tricky place to reach, or is partially hidden behind something...but it should always be there. Look for it on the ground (it looks like the same one that you see in the starting area...a black circle with a + on top). Be extra careful to watch out for them, because sometimes they'll be placed in front of a river, and the fence will be on the other side, so it can be difficult to backtrack and press it, if you miss it on your way over :)

14. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until later and hope no one beats me in the meantime :)

15. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I also have experienced a situation where it was not possible (I don't think) to pass a place. A tile fell out of the floor leaving me with no clear path to a switch that opened a gate and crossing the gate. There was a long path backtracking but it wasn't possible to do in the time before the gate raised again.

16. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks so much for being involved! You made an awesome game!!! I hope portrait mode does work out. Thanks for reading these comments and considering them! People!!! Pay for this game!!!

17. tysonibele

Sep 27, 2014
    This *is* a possible situation, yes. You have to be careful around falling tiles because they can make backtracking impossible. Alternatively you can equip the shoes that slow falling blocks, or even better - get the wand that restores them to their original position.

That said, you'll only find yourself in a situation where a falling block prevents you from progressing if you took a wrong turn or waited too long while it was about to fall. The world generation algorithm is designed in such a way that if you take the 'correct' path in the right amount of time, you'll never end up without a way to progress due to falling blocks.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Similarly, a gate closed on me with my back into the water. :p

19. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Fantastic little game! Love it much more than Crossy Road. Congrats.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually yeah... I love Crossy Roads (and it just got updated again) but somehow i love the dungeony feel of Quest Keeper more.