Universal The Quest Keeper (By Tyson Ibele)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 31, 2015.

1. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013

Great! It's just more natural to hold your phone that way...

2. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Just reached #2 behind anotherkelleydown don't know if I have it in me to do another 300+ run tonight :) super fun game!

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    my phone lagged and then I died, but it said "you seemed to have gotten some lag, to make it fair I'll give you a free revive"

I LOVE THIS GAME.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I see familiar TA'er AnotherKellyDown at the top already

5. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    #25 anabolicMike, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Wait what? It gave you a revive cause you lagged? That's creaking awesome. This game is gonna do you well dude. It's like so much fun lol. It's got the right hook and everything. Where peteOzzy I look forward to his thoughts at all times. Or Shaun's but he sticks with full RPGs mostly doesn't he? Yeah man. Gonna pay the IAP right now... Also gotta try that boss monster game that looks like it also did good IAP

EDIT: this is how you do IAP. If your a broke 12 year old and it's on your mums account and you can't spend money, you can still enjoy this game 100%. You can make 50 gold just for watching a full screen ad but to be completely honest? The ads didn't bother me at all. The little ad was little and in the right spot. You can save up for any of the locked down guys so you could get them all without spending a cent. This game isn't geared at all to make you spend money, unless I hit a paywall later it pretty much looks like the Dev developed a game that he enjoyed developing and wanted whoever played it to enjoy themselves. Why the cheesy comment? Cause it seriously looks like he added on the money stuff after he was done lol. Like a "oh crap! I'm supposed to try and make money on this!" Well done, no feeling of pressure at all! So of course I paid to have the ads removed! (1.99, well worth it). I also bout a few 500 coin bundles for 1.99! Why? Because you deserve some money for this and because I really really wanted to have a cute spider suit on . Oh I got the staff that opens chests when your close by and the boots that let me job over small holes (utterly amazing, in fact waaaaayyyyy powerful lol!). This is a good game guys....

Mr. dev: I have one important question, wait two! First what did you build this with? Unity? Second, How many hours have you logged playing it? No way a game this fun and pretty much this perfect didn't have the Dev make it for himself and play the undies off of it. Great Job

6. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Been waiting for this glad it turned out so well! Best wishes and good luck!

7. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Am I right in my assumption that there is no way to stop your character unless he is blocked by an object?

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Oh man, would absolutely love this in portrait. I've noticed more and more titles giving a portrait mode if possible. Portrait mode FTW!!!!!

9. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Thank you for all the kind words, anabolicMike!

There are no paywalls :) The only IAP are: disable ads and get 500 coins.

I got portrait mode working tonight. It will appear in the next update (depending on the app store approval wait times, could be a few days).

10. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    This just isn't grabbing me the same way Crossy Road did. Everyone else seems to love it though. Maybe I should try again when I'm less tired.

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Any chance you'll be adding native iPhone 6/6+ support down the road?

12. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Does it not work on iPhone 6 right now?

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'd say give it a little more time. It's nothing like Crossy Road gameplay-wise, apart from the isometric view and slight similarities in the controls. There are no incentivized ads for unlockable characters, etc. Just a one-time IAP to remove ads. The rest is just really fun arcade-style dungeon crawling. Lots of game modes that can be unlocked with in-game coins, and a ton of gear to equip your character with.

14. anabolicMike

Feb 1, 2013

I screwed up. 500 coins are not 1.99. They are 99 cents. Haha sorry that I messed that up guys. I honestly like this game. Call me energetic blabber but I seriously do. :). Thanks guys

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This and Magic Rampage, and Corridor Z (comes out this week too) makes a really fantastic week for iOS gaming.

This week makes me happy.

16. anabolicMike

Feb 1, 2013
    It's been a brilliant week so far and it's not even wensday. Well it is now that it's two am but you know what I meant. Also, why on the toucharcade app hot new games list this game shows up with 2 and a half stars but when I open it in here it's never less then five? I'm going to check the App Store and make a review

17. This game is pretty awesome. More challenging than I expected

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Exactly what i have in mind. :)

19. pkMinhas

pkMinhas Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    This one is quite a challenge & addictive. Haven't been able to cross the river since morning :)

20. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Nothing to complain about the game. Will vote to be the GOTW. Ads gone. Good luck to your game. :)