Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Arcsx3

Arcsx3 New Member

Feb 21, 2015
    If I buy the IPAD version now will it unlock for iPhone at no additional cost when it's released or will they be separated?

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
  3. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Shame iCloud saving sounds like a complicated mess. No Laptop so no way to back up my saves if i have have to reset my device (say a big FW update).

Will still get this eventually.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am going to get the game anyway, but I would like to know how does it hold against modern rpg games like Fallout 3/4, Skyrim/Oblivion, The Witcher 3?

I am not talking about graphics, gameplay or production value of course, but about immersion, things to do, story, side quests etc. i've heard that townsfolk react according to your actions acordingly and that there are multiple ways to tackle quests, something that Bethesda misses sorely.

5. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    The quests are very immersive. I'd always have multiple saved games just so I could try out all of the possible quest paths. Depending on how you complete certain quests the outcome and reward (or penalty) varies greatly. There's a very deep potion and enchantment engine in the game too (like Elder Scrolls), and it really adds a lot of meat to the in game possibilities.

6. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Don't forget the card game you can play when you're at the inns. I've probably spent more time playing that than the actual game :p

7. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Very true! :D

8. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Yes. iPhone support will be an update. (Soon, hopefully. :))

9. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd like to do it, yes. The current plans are: release iPhone update, release Isles of Ice and Fire, create Android version, add Steamworks support (to Steam version). And then I really have to work on The Quest 2. :)

Each of those is more important, but I'd hope to have time for iCloud support sometime during working on The Quest 2. But it's quite a bit off and I can't make a definite promise. I'll try though. ;)

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This!
    From a devolper who is still working on a mobile game that was released years ago.
    That is why I will support this developer as long as I am able.

The Quest is more than just a game to me.
    It is my defining representation of how a mobile game can be more than just a casual gaming experience that Apple and their App Store is yet to understand, appreciate and support.

PC gamers expect this sort of dedication from developers and are very vocal when they don't get it.
    Mobile gamers seem much more forgiving, though I see a trend here where that is changing.

I hope that by Redshift branching out into the pc gaming world that they can make pc gamers realise that mobile gaming is not just Candy Crush and Pokemon Go.

And that full priced games actually have a place in the mobile gaming world.

Now if we could just get Apple to make iOS a proper platform for gaming..........#

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    After so many praise, I've decided to get the game even before iPhone release. I am gonna read the game manual and dive into what seem a very cool adventure.

And the fact that the dev cares is a plus in my book and a fact that deserves to be rewarded.

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I think you'll really enjoy it! I suggest sticking around the first town until you've completed all the available quests. That way you're a little more rounded before heading out into the great open world. :D

13. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the tip! It's exactly how I use to play on these kinds of game. I tend to do everything available around and only after move to another location. I am addicted to small quests. Lol

I plan to play with a mage-kind character, but I am not sure if Battlemage, Mage or Priest yet.

14. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    You're welcome! :)

I always tend to play a fighter/mage/thief because I can't bear not having access to all of my favorite skill sets. :D That's the great thing about this game too. It shares the same character customization that the Elder Scrolls games offer. You can essentially make your character into whatever you want them to be as you play.

Oh, and I don't know if you saw this ealier in the thread, but you can also import your own character portraits via iTunes sharing. You weren't able to do this in the original, so this is definitely cool!

I hope you enjoy the game as much as we've hyped it up. :D

15. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I will definitely buy this when it is available for iPhone.

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks, macatron! How do I do this importing?

Looking forward to playing.

17. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
  18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
  19. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    iPhone (and iPod Touch) support update submitted for review.

Hopefully Apple processes it quickly. :)

20. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    Instant buy on (iPhone)release. Thank you for making this. :)