Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Totally agree with this!
    The graphics alone are worth the price of admission.
    The fact you just happen to also get an incredible 50+ hours of absorbing rpg goodness is just an added bonus. #

2. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    ^^this!!

3. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Quite agree- the game is beyond brilliant. I bought it on pc, Mac and iPad and can't wait for the iPhone version!
    Can I also point out that the music has been improved as well - sounds great!

4. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Must say I like the way swords are in the right hand now, I avoided using them in the original due to the fact that they looked to fantasy for my tastes, the new model is clean efficient and elligant I like it, same for axes.

5. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I know it's a long shot, but I'm really crossing my fingers that Zarista Games may be convinced to rebuild their expansions for The Quest HD! I would gladly pay for them all again with the Universal HD format!! So much amazing content I want to explore in HD!!

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    +1 to that, I hope we at least get a couple expansions.

7. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    This is from earlier in the thread. Redshift confirmed at least one expansion. It doesn't sound like they'll have time to update the other ones, though, because of work on The Quest 2.

"We'll release our own expansion "Islands of Ice and Fire" as a standalone app, which will be able to enable itself in the base game, just like how it's done with the iPhone version.

All other expansions are by third parties. I'll be honest: it's not likely they will be released for The Quest HD. Most (all?) of them contain quite the amount of new graphics, lot of which was drawn by our graphic artist (Sylon). He is very busy with The Quest 2 and not likely to have the time to redraw them. There are other complications, as well. All in all, there might be other expansions, but we cannot promise more than Islands of Ice and Fire. (Which is still quite an expansion. )"

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Nice, Thanks for the info. I definitely am more interested in them finishing The Quest 2 than reworking too many older expansions but IIF expansion will be a welcome addition to this.

9. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    No problem! # Yeah, that's how I feel as well. I've played the original over and over for years now (starting over multiple times), so I'm definitely ready to see what a sequel holds. However, even with my many play throughs, this new coat of paint has me feeling excited for it all over again. #

10. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I agree, I am definitely excited for The Quest 2 to drop, but not having played all of the Zarista expansions I hold on to a slim sliver of hope they may consider taking up the task if the HD release does well as I anticipate quite a lot of the other Quest players like myself would be more than happy to double dip for HD on those expansions! I am familiar with the post that Elendil made relating to the challenges that make further expansions unlikely, but I wish it to happen all the same ;)

I'm with you regarding the new coat of paint really drawing me back in! Between that and the upcoming Universal update this is my Game of the Year all over again # with Severed and 7 Mages coming in behind The Quest HD. Just so much fun and depth and content!

11. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Also, congratulations to Elendil and Redshift for bringing the bug fix update so quickly! You get the "Most responsive developer on TA" award in my book!

12. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    This is a great game, the best of its kind on iOS. A must have for any fan of old school, and even new school, RPG. The amount of content in this game is unbelievable, always somewhere to go, always something to do. I can't get enough of it, and live in hope that, somehow, the expansions for the original Quest will be redone and made available in Quest HD.

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Any plans to cloud save between devices when iphone compatibility is up?

14. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    As I said previously in the thread, no, not really. Sorry. It's quite complicated compared to Steam cloud saves, for example, and I just don't really have the time. I know it's a bit less convenient, but you can use iTunes to copy the saves. :)

As a side note, iPhone support is getting close to be done. It should be out early next week. I'll post when it's done, of course.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    We can't have it all, I guess. Lol

Anyway, thanks for the answer. I am gonna buy as soon as it hit iphone. ;)

16. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Nice! I'm definitely buying the iPhone version as soon as it's available! #

17. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Early next week!!

18. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    not having played The Quest
    1) is Catacomber involved in this game? We wrote in the forums of "Omber", and even though i didn't like that game much, he/she was polite, friendly and passionate about the game, so i'd be glad to give my support by buying The Quest HD for my iphone.
    2) is this game like M&M VI/VII in any way? i loved those games for the atmosphere and the fun combat/ shopping upgrades for your party. I didn't like Legends of Grimrock because of too many puzzles/mazes. Would i like The Quest?

19. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    You would definitely enjoy The Quest if you enjoyed M&M VI / VII. There are a couple of puzzle elements to the game but it's geared far more towards exploration and combat much like Might & Magic. The only downside for some Wizardry / Might & Magic fans would be you are playing as a individual instead of as a group although the game is so engaging I really didn't mind. If you don't mind solo adventuring, like in The Elder Scrolls, it is in every way just as spectacular as those golden age western RPGs.

20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thank you Jason! i am not 100% sure myself about the solo aspect, but if it's geared more to M&M like you say, i'm willing to give it a shot!