Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Hi Talbs, I actually still have iOS 8 on my iPad for Bioshock and several emulators including iDOS which I use to emulate Daggerfall #. These titles no longer run on newer iOS versions after 8.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #102 stubbieoz, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    What?! So are you saying that Daggerfall no longer works on iOS 9+ ?
    I have the trial iOS version of it installed on my iPad with iOS 9.3.2 and it works fine. I was thinking of purchasing the full version. Now not so sure. #

Oh and to keep the flow going with The Quest questions:
    Will I need to purchase the iPhone version of The Quest HD separate from my iPad version?
    Or will it be released as an Universal version?
    And if it is a Universal version will save games be iCloud enabled or only transferable via iTunes?
    ....and this has been answered before I apologise for asking again, it's late at night here.

3. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    It'll be an update, making The Quest HD universal.

You'll be able to use iTunes to copy the saves. (I'll think about iCloud later, but no promises. It's very complicated and I don't really have a lot of time. ;))

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Fully understand. I know you have a lot of stuff you are doing with The Quest HD and The Quest 2 and the expansion and making it for the iPhone and........phew, I got exhausted just typing that. #

5. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Awesome! I'm already becoming addicted to the quest HD and iPhone access will make it easier to get my fix. #

6. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I just realized how much harder it will be this time around because I will not be able to hop to the cursed chest set expantion and pick up my stouton Mail and stouton staff(plus all of those full heal and full mana pots) well damn lol, no more cheeseing the first 20 levels or so hehe.

7. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    You could always choose Alchemy as one of your major skills and make loads of Robot Oil potions ;)

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Just sleeping won't help...
    you need to walk around for 2 days

9. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Fake DOS released by me runs on IOS 9. it's the same as Idos.

10. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #110 Gurney Halleck, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    iDOS runs fine on iOS 9; however, it is unable to receive new content because iOS 9 prevents side loading the content. What about your Fake DOS app makes it possible for me to run Daggerfall in your app? Pardon if my asking for clarification here is inappropriate. pka4916 feel free to PM me if responding here is not an option :)

P.S. I am very much considering updating if it is still reasonably possible to sideload new DOS programs into FakeDOS. Additional question, is your emulator powerful enough to run software like Daggerfall Unity?

11. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I actually slept 3 times in a row for a full 24 hours and the quest was completed when I returned to the Mayor. It did not prevent me from finishing that quest :)

12. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#112 scottsoapbox, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    BUG: The large map view doesn't always scroll around properly - it sometimes acts like whatever was initially the edge of the view is the edge of the map when you move that way. Often I can look one direction but going the other direction doesn't work. (iPad Air 2 iOS 9.3.2)

13. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    Are you talking about dungeon maps or the surface? Also, the surface map is somewhat limited, you won't see what's beyond a certain distance, even if you had discovered it. Otherwise I don't understand exactly what you are talking about, sorry. But if you happen to have a save where the problem can be observed, please send it to us.

14. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    So how goes the transition over to iPhone? Can we get a progress update if you are not to busy please? Thanks can't wait till it can be in all its hd glory on my phone hehe

15. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    #115 Elendil / Redshift, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Working on it. There won't be progress reports, sorry. :p

As I said, a week or two. Closer to two, I think. I'll write when it's ready and of course when it has been approved by Apple and downloadable. :)

16. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Nice! You'll have my money when the iPhone build is done! #

17. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    The 1.8.7 update has been approved, should be in the App Store soon. The game now supports iOS8. :)

18. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Live in Australia

19. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Nice! This should increase your sales a bit! I know a lot of people were holding onto that version for one reason or another. #

20. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I have been thoroughly enjoying the iOS 8 test build and I am beyond excited to support this amazing developer and finally enjoy this gem on my iPad in all its HD glory!

It's hard to find a fiber example of passion and dedication from a developer in this community! I wish you all the success you can handle and more Elendil! Redshift is truly in a class of its own!

For any on the fence, buy it now! Even if you have played it before, the new handrawn HD art is worth the plunge!