Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Just out of curiosity, why are people still using IOS 8? I think some were because they wanted to play Monster Hunter but once that got fixed for the latest O/S Version, they needn't stay with an old version... so what's so good that people aren't keeping up to date?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I can part answer that. If The world ends with you is still unsupported (can't recall if it was fixed or not despite the appstore saying "IOS 5 and up". That's one key game. Plus I think there's another couple.
    But it's also because of having a stable jailbreak. Some have been left back on IOS 8 (such as myself), because that was one of the best jailbreaks. They've recently released an un-untethered jailbreak for latest IOS but the more I read of it, the more dodgy it sounds.
    I buy my games btw. I use the jailbreak to play iPad games on my iPhone 6+ (paid).
    There's probably more reasons.

3. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    At first I stayed on iOS 8 for MHFU (I know that it got fixed). I'm still staying because I have emulators that I would still like to have and use.

4. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Bioshock,nuff said.

5. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    Elendil, Rovce, thanks a lot for the explanation!

Yes, I really left Matras too early without doing anything there. Will try again, doing all the side quests. Thanks again!

6. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    That was the reason I liked the Gold version so much because it was like the world kept getting bigger, that's what I was hoping would happen in the HD version, but not sure that's possible to do and stay on the Pay Once And Play list. I hope that people support the app and that you're able to update the expansions and include them somehow in he HD version. I've been excited for 2 ever since I heard it was in development. These games really remind me of Bard's Tale which was a favorite of mine back on Commodore 64. Now that I'm mainly playing HD on my iPad, I wish there was a way to transfer my Gold game to my phone as I was mainly playing that on my iPad...if the expansions keep getting converted and this gets all the content from Gold I may delete the Gold version. Just hesitant to lose my progress in the Gold version if those expansions don't get the update.

7. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Good question. IS there still away to transfer save files (on the old version) between iPhone and iPad with the restrictions Apple put in place with file programs like iFunBox?

8. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    #88 Elendil / Redshift, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    There is one. :) Use iTunes, copy save files to computer, then copy them back to your other device. (All versions of The Quest support iTunes File Sharing.)

9. Lost Ball

Lost Ball Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Traveller
    Earth
    Yea

It's a true old school game!
    :)

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Why I struggle to get into this game

See attached. I completed the first mission. It tells me to go and see the mayor for completion. I first saw the mayor and it told me to come back in a few hours. Ok, I thought, I'll go sleep at the tavern, so I did. Paid $49 (what a freaking rip off!!) to sleep there for 8 hours. Went back to the mayor and guess what....you guess it!! I got the same message. So I went and did the process again, slept 8 hours and came back. Guess what? Same message. I am at the mercy of whoever wrote this part to do whatever they restrained me to do. Can't even turn in my completed mission. I'm guessing it wants me to go and do some other side quests in the mean time...but then again it says "a few hours", and I've done two sleeps to total 16 hours and still can't turn in the mission. Rage quit already.

Attached Files:

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    @talbs
    It took me a day or two before the Mayor progressed that guest for me. Just be a little bit more patient. #

and on another note;
    I have already bought this version but even so when I do a search in the Aussie App Store for "The Quest HD" I get a whole lot of other games and after a lot of scrolling down I finally find it.
    If this is similar on other App Stores then this game could easily be over looked by potential customers.

12. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I know, it's horrible. It's Apple's very bad (for us) search. But we can't just rename the game now, unfortunately.

If you search for "the quest redshift", it's the only result (on ipad).

13. Zanshou

Zanshou Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Played the original 4 years ago or so on iphone. Waiting for this HD version for iphone and gonna insta buy it then! (dont have an ipad).

14. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

It hurts my RPG heart to admit I passed on the original, and bought the HD version on recommendation of TA community alone and not disappointed. Great old school game where quests even early on are interesting with meaningful choices (not just fetch). Upgrade suggestion would be map note markers showing on mini-map as well as local map expanded once area has been discovered if possible (again so I can see all the places I made notes). Thanks again for a great game and support. Looking forward to completing and the expansion.

15. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Whoa, thanks! # I actually never knew that. LOL! I'd always thought iFunBox was my only option.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It takes 24 hours. You don't have to do anything else. His original message when you first see him is "come back tomorrow".

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Quick note: The World Ends With You works with the most recent iOS.

18. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Go rest just outside the town for free.

19. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

So the HD version was enough to make me finally try the lite version I've had in my backlog. I loved it so now I own the HD version and I've been playing it all afternoon. Will it be possible to transfer saves of the HD version to the iPhone once it's universal?

20. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Yes it will, but not between the original quest and the new Quest HD