Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Well, I can't promise that Catacomber will finish it, but she has definitely started working on it.

This is possible because I've finished the first version of the updated editor. She is basically the betatester. ;)

The plan is to add full Steam Workshop integration to the Steam version. That way anyone can create expansions (not just Catacomber), either free or paid. Any expansion which we deem good enough we can then bring to iOS and Android too (if their creator wants it).

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Huzzah! \:D/

3. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, it's straight from Catacomber, so it's about as good as you can get. :D

4. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Ah, gotcha. Hey, I'll still take it as good news! :D

User created expansions would totally be EPIC!

5. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    Well, Thor's Hammer is coming along. : ) I would have started with HD by porting Luko I but the wolf, spider and some other graphics need to be redrawn for HD. Sylon's a bit busy with the Quest2 right now and didn't want to burden him. You can use Thor's Hammer which will be low level to get ready for Luko I. : )

Have three-quarters of the surface world in. All the quests, riddles and npc chat have already been written out so shouldn't take too long. Eyes are crossed from planting thousands of flowers. : ) It is exciting.

6. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    That's awesome news! :D I bet you guys never thought when you created your first expansion that people would STILL be playing this game today. Personally, I'm just glad that there's such a rabid following for it, so I've always got new expansions to enjoy. :)

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #487 Catacomber, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Almost ten years. i can't forget all the people who helped. A young girl who wanted to write some quests and so many others who were excited about the Quest. They're all in our credits and in the game. The unfolding romance between Argimon and Silvergirl and their fateful card game. Reality TV in an rpg game. Argimon and Silvergirl are real people and they crafted a story between them that only they knew where it would lead many installments later--life or death? The number of installments kept growing.

8. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    That's awesome! Maybe a The Quest book series is in order? :D

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Congrats Cat!
    How about a special 10 year anniversary edition? ;) You should definitely do *something* for that, such a date doesn't come around everyday after all.

And I'd buy a book about The Quest too, of course. Novelisations of the various story arcs would be fun and interesting, I'm sure.

10. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    Not to diminish in any way Catacomber's and any contributors' achievements in their expansions, but their work is that. An expansion which has it's own world(s), unrelated to The Quest.

They can't publish a book about The Quest or use the name or any of The Quest's world, characters, etc.

As I said, this is in no way anything negative, just an FYI. ;)

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #491 Catacomber, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    And@macatron--

As Elendil says the rights to the Quest are theirs and the rights to the stories we tell in the expansions are ours. Dr. Vlad and I have long thought about a Lukomorye travel series which we may do as soon as his children are just a little bit older. His daughter is old enough now to use her imagination to add to the Luko stories. :). The Luko series is mostly based on old Russian fairy tales. We could do it either as a book or world exploration game in Unity. We have a water color artist who could help with a book. But right now have to hammer out Thor's Hammer. :)

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Sounds like an excellent plan to me! :D That's one of the things I love most about The Quest (vanilla or the expansions). The story is not only present, but actually compelling. That's definitely a feature lost on most of the games released in the last 20 years.

13. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #493 Gurney Halleck, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Congratulations on the new update and expansion! I have already swiped up the Thor's Hammer with great excitement for the new story! I love the feature to add the expansion into the the main game app and I am telling all my old Quest friends to get in on the new updated engine! Looking forward to many more stories and expansions to come! This game will never leave any of my devices. Great work Redshift and Zarista Games! Thank you for all you do to keep engaging western rpgs thriving on mobile!

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Please bring controller support it would make this game absolutely perfect :'((((

15. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    Thanks (in name of Zarista too)! Maybe you know, but Thor's Hammer can be seen as a low level "diversion" before Zarista updates their existing expansions, starting with Hero of Lukomorye. Which means that don't throw away your existing saves with characters which completed Islands of Ice and Fire. :) They can continue their adventures when HOL is released.

16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Zarista is updating their expansions??!! #
    Oh wow! My wallet is going to get empty and I couldn't be happier. #

17. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Stuck on a quest, maybe someone else have the answer.

it's where I need to find Thule in the Hollow Tree in the Lava field.
    I go in there, and slain an ice monster, but the 2nd portal is not working.
    What am I suppose to do?

18. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    "Thanks (in name of Zarista too)! Maybe you know, but Thor's Hammer can be seen as a low level "diversion" before Zarista updates their existing expansions, starting with Hero of Lukomorye. Which means that don't throw away your existing saves with characters which completed Islands of Ice and Fire. They can continue their adventures when HOL is released."

Sweet as! I am still chewing on Isle of Fire and Ice and about to dive into Thor's Hammer next # I already picked up and installed Hero of Lukomorye as well so I can see myself happily gaming away until the next HoL story comes out! Also, I just cannot contain my excitement for what will be The Quest 2! Very excited to see where you take us next!! Your eternal fan - Gurney Halleck

19. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Oh, and one more thing.. I am now playing this on my new iPad Pro 10.5 and The Quest is running like a dream! Looks amazing on the new larger screen and I am gaining a deeper appreciation for the fantastic artwork you have created! It's funny, but after this massive use grade from my iPad Air 1 this is still my favorite "eye candy" to show off the new screen to friends #

20. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I am playing Ice and Fire, and stuck with a mission
    It's the one about the Counterfeit coin(s)

Did some googling, and I need to go to a guy across the locksmith, (think it was borg?)
    but he doesn't say anything.
    What am I missing here?

Thank you