Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Just curious, when The Quest 2 comes out, do you plan on making multiple expansions for it? If that's the case, I'm sure that'll set most people's minds at ease because they'll have tons of new content to look forward to. As much as I'd love seeing the old expansions in HD, I'll be just as happy to play the sequel for many years if expansions are planned.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Sounds great, I look forward to playing this one!

3. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I want to consider this but is it mfi compatible?

4. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Really? you need a controller vs. pushing the buttons?
    you can't used it since you have interactions to do..

5. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I agree. Playing this with a controller would be a huge PITA.

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I lost my save. :(

Now I am gonna start again with a fighter and see what I can do.

7. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Pocket Tactics interviewed the developers from Redshift and I loved every minute of it! I've always wanted to know more about Redshift since I enjoy playing The Quest so much. The HD version got me even MORE interested when it came out. :) What I'd like to know is what game was that picture with FOUR party members taken from? Is this an alternate party option Redshift considered before deciding to simply go with a solo adventurer? As for The Quest 2, I'm REALLY excited to hear it's going to include a party of up to SIX adventurers!

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/15-years-of-mobile-rpg-releases-an-interview-with-the-creators-of-the-quest-hd/#Comments

Attached Files:

8. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    That's Legacy, the game Redshift created before The Quest. (I was not yet involved with Redshift then.)

9. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the quick response! :D

Just curious, when The Quest 2 comes out, do you plan on making multiple expansions for it too? If that's the case, I'm sure that'll set most people's minds at ease because they'll have tons of new content to look forward to. As much as I'd love seeing the old expansions in HD, I'll be just as happy to play the sequel for many years if expansions are planned.

10. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm pretty sure we'll create at least one expansion. :)

And I'm also pretty sure we'll let others create expansions for The Quest 2, just like for The Quest.

11. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome! Glad to hear!

I just hope to see user content on the mobile side too if Apple will allow it.

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I was browsing the Redshift forums today, and came across an old thread about a possible HD version of The Quest. Sylon was quick to shut down any hope for this to happen (see the quote below), but here we are in 2016 with an HD version of both the main game AND the first expansion. Never say never! :D

August 22, 2013

"And yes, I mean no, there will be no HD or any other version from this game, sorry. (It's an old project which was originally released on the PDA market with 480*320 and lower screen resolutions.)"

- Sylon

http://linux.redshift.hu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3146&hilit=wands

13. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    I assume the fact that they launched it for PC helped a bunch with the coming to iOS in HD. They already had the assets from there, so that must have smoothed the process a bit.

14. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    100% Magic Resistance?

Currently I'm at 80% Magic Resistance, so I enchanted a robe with 20% Magic Resistance to round me out to 100%. However, I'm STILL at 80%. I thought maybe it was related to my intelligence, so I tried increasing it with a fortify intelligence potion. No beans. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    You cannot have 100% magic resistance. :p The maximums are: 80% magic and paralysis and 95% poison and diseases.

16. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks! I didn't know that it had been adjusted in the HD versions to cap out at 80%. I actually think it's better this way because it provides a better challenge. :)

17. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I just saw the latest update, so I have to ask. What does "fixed expansion enabling" mean exactly? Does that mean more expansions are coming? :D

18. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Maybe there was a bug on enabling the expansion that they've fixed.

19. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    Expansion detecting was bugged in 2.0.5. Which was fixed in 2.0.6 :)

20. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks! :D