Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Where is the Heavy Armor trainer? The guide says blacksmith in Mataras but he does repair instead.

Also I took light armor instead of heavy as my main and am getting destroyed as my armor isn't good enough. Is there any advantage to light armor?

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    The blacksmith in Phryn trains heavy armor. Light armor is really only good if you enchant it and have high dexterity. I've always used heavy armor and light weapons personally.

3. theblackw0lf

Feb 18, 2009
    Is there any armor that has built in magic resistance? Magic attacks are destroying me

4. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm sure there is but it's easier to just enchant a set of armor with magic resistance.

5. Discostallion

Discostallion Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Upgrading from "The Quest Lite"

So I'm a couple of hours into "The Quest Lite", and it's definitely my cup of tea. Still on the fence weather to buy "Gold", or the new "HD". All that extra content available for the original is enticing, but so are the new tweaks that the current version has.

I see that "Fire & Ice" has already come out for HD. Is there any indication that more expansions will be forthcoming? If not HD versions of the old content, then perhaps some completely new offerings?

Also; is there any chance that my current "Lite" progress will carry over to either of the premium games?

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's really a tough call. I'd probably go for HD, get the expansion as well, and if you finish that and you're still up for more then buy the old Quest Gold and start over with everything you learned (like always use heavy armor as the above poster discovered, the first huge tip I picked up) and go from there.

They said they can't promise anything beyond Islands of Ice and Fire, but didn't exactly rule it out either. They are working on The Quest 2.

Quest/Quest Gold yes, Quest HD no.

7. Discostallion

Discostallion Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Thanks for the help, and the tip about heavy armor. I built a spell caster, so just assumed I was stuck with light armor.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Learn how to craft Magic Resistance potions and carry a backpack full of them! :)

9. theblackw0lf

Feb 18, 2009
    Any chance that some of the improvements made to the original game that don't have to do with graphics (like speeding up movement and monster animations) can be made to the non-HD version?

Speed up movement is a godsend.

10. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    The old version will not be updated, sorry. It has not been updated for a long time now, apart from the addition of expansions. Sylon (our graphic artist) would rather see it deleted, actually. :)

In any case, we are a very small company and we have to concentrate on our new games. I hope you understand.

11. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Is there any gameplay vids of this game?

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm sure there's some on YouTube.

13. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
    I looked but I couldn't find any vids of the HD version.

14. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
  15. tintin888

Apr 18, 2016
  16. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #436 Catacomber, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    We would consider doing it but it's not up to us. It's up to what the HD editor can do and so far we don't know if it's possible. Please do not blame us if there are no expansions for the HD version. : )

Meanwhile, we're testing a new expansion for the non-HD version--our China expansion set in old China with the Monkey King. Mid-level. Will start open beta-testing thread here soon.

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #437 Catacomber, Nov 4, 2016
    Yes, because right now as far as we know, the editor can't support them. We're waiting to hear if it can at some point. It's not our fault. : ) As I've said we've made one more expansion for the old Quest and the Quest Gold--our ancient China expansion--Dragon Jade--will make a thread here soon.

18. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Just curious, when The Quest 2 comes out, do you plan on making multiple expansions for it? If that's the case, I'm sure that'll set most people's minds at ease because they'll have tons of new content to look forward to. As much as I'd love seeing the old expansions in HD, I'll be just as happy to play the sequel for many years if expansions are planned. :D

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #439 drelbs, Nov 4, 2016
    Great news!

Sun Wukong is a favorite!

[​IMG]

20. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Here too! Still reading Journey to the West. In Dragon Jade, he's imprisoned once again under Five Fingers' Mountain for naughty monkeyshines and you have to complete the main mission for the August Personage of Jade to free him. He gives you some help along the way.