Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    The new update fixed the NPC portrait selection box. :) Nice!

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but do you think it would ever be a possibility to add more graphic enhancements that could be enabled with check boxes in the options?

2. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #402 Gurney Halleck, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    And the best just keeps getting better # Big ups for all the many improvements, and for being so active with the community here. Redshift is my favorite Indy developer for over 10 years now. You never cease to amaze me! I am beyond excited to play and enjoy The Quest 2 for many years to come #

3. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I've read in old threads that you can store items in empty containers...is that true? Are any containers in particular recommended?

4. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    What do you mean containers??
    If you mean shelves in dungeon walls like the one near matras dungeon that leads out to the port, yes i think you can leave items in them... But im not 100% sure? Is that what u meant??

5. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Something like that. Or barrels in town?

6. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    So I saw the hooded monk portrait and I decided to play as a light armor light weapon monk like char who focused on magic for everything, I always go heavy armor and heavy weep with attack magic but this is so much fun to play like this lol had the game way back on my iPod 3G never played it like this all these years until now thanks for the fun update that made me try something new redshift

7. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You can store stuff in containers, however if you don't go back at least once a week (in game time), most containers will reset and you'll lose your stuff. There are a few "permanent" containers, however. The earliest one is in the crypt in Matras. Read the plaques there to find it. :)

(Also, it's worthwhile to find and learn the Mark and Recall spells to have a fast way for getting to the container from far away.)

8. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Ah, thank you! Preserved for Eternity, right? I have the spells, I posed because I'm hording skill books for later AND just about to head to Vastares for the first time, so it seems like a good time to dump some stuff.

9. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    Yes, that's the one.

10. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    You can buy the Mark and Recall spells right in Matras too. You just need to save and reload before entering the magic shop as their supplies will change with each reload. Once you find one of the books (they're pink), wait 24 in game hours and do the same trick until you find the other.

The earliest town you can buy the Enchant spell is Vastares, and I highly recommend getting that ASAP. :)

11. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I think I got that from the Dungeon of Blood.

12. geniusx

geniusx Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    isnt this game ported from symbian version?

13. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    There never was a Symbian version (nor was one intended).

The original development version was on Windows. You can see it by buying the Steam version. It's in the 'old-game' folder in the game's install folder (on Windows). :)

It was intended for mobile platforms, of course, Palm OS and PocketPC originally. Then iPhone.

Then the HD version came along. It's not just a graphical update. There are countless little or bigger other improvements. It's the 'definite' version for sure. ;) It's available on Steam (for Windows and Mac), in the Mac App Store and of course in the App Store for iOS. I'm also working on the Android version.

14. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    YAY. Expansion is out.... There goes my $$$ and the story continues :)

15. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
  16. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I just have a few questions. The original quest looked great though the graphics were old school. I was going to buy it and then this came out. I am not sure if I should spend 8 dollars on this though. The fire and ice expansion came out and I have a question. Since it has a smaller price tag, I might go for ice and fire. Then a gain, is it normal for me to play through ice and fire and then later get the regular quest hd? I am just hesitant on the 8 dollars. I feel like I should get both but I don't know if they are both worth 13 bucks.

17. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I'd say close to 80 hours of gameplay between the two is WELL worth $13. The HD version also has many other upgrades besides looking nicer as well.

18. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd highly recommend The Quest HD first. Islands of Ice and Fire is an expansion, meant for higher level characters (and more experienced players). The story also takes place after the base game story.

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    You will get around 50 hours of gaming from The Quest HD.
    You could well be burnt out after that and not even worry about the expansion.

20. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    The expansion is brilliant, either in the main game or as a stand-alone. There are hundreds of hours game play, at least for me as I enjoy exploring.