Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Findalflin

Findalflin Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2016
    They look good but this is the only on Ive ever played and the button layout in the lite version isn't my favorite

2. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Well, I just found out that, since the witches hammer was stolen from me, I'll never be able to kill the witch queen, since there's no way to get it back. I thought it was supposed to be stolen. It wasn't made clear it would screw me over and that my only recourse would be to load a save. It's been hours since I saved over it. It annoys me I'll never be able to get rid of that quest, even by failing it.

3. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Funny, I asked the same question 2 posts back.
    it's a glitch and the quest should have failed.. so it's going to be stuck forever in your inventory :(

4. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    All i can advise from now is save as much as possible, ive had things like this happen and it is so annoying.

5. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I know, and that part was the only one I didn't save for a long time.. was like 4 game days in between.
    Didn't feel like killing all the peeps again... was a pain when i was a low level.
    Now I am on day 57 and running around Mytria.. the Governor quest to get into the castle..
    so no way, I am starting all over.

6. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Well, that's shitty. The completionist side of me wants to just stop playing now.

7. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Oh man that sucks! For some stuff like this can be game breaking, its such a shame.
    If its a glitch the devs are on here so hopefully they will see it?

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I remember when many, many years ago I devoted a lot of my life to playing Might and Magic IV and V- World of Xeen and ran into a bug at the end where I was unable to transfer Corak's essence into the Soul Box.
    It effectively meant I was unable to finish the game and I was devastated at the time.

I swore to never again play a computer game.

20 years pass and over 500 computer games and now countless iOS games later, I think I am finally over that disappointment..........I think.

9. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    We looked into it and I think we fixed the "Kill the Witch Queen" quest. It'll be failed as intended if the "Hammer of Witches" item is taken away. The fix will be in the next update.

Of course that doesn't do anything for those who already had this happen to their character. But if the outstanding quest bothers you, just send us your save file and I'll fail the quest for your.

10. Findalflin

Mar 13, 2016
    Elendil isn't it true that Zarista won't be able to make any HD remakes of there exspansions? I love this version but when I go to try the lite version it's kind of a hard switch because I started with the HD one of that makes sense?

11. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    I've talked about it already in the thread. ;)

But again: creating expansions for the HD version is not possible at the moment (Islands of Ice and Fire is special cased in the executable, was a lot of work). After the Android version is released, I'll add Steamworks integration, meaning anyone will be able to create expansions. At least that's the plan, it'll take a lot of time and work to make that happen. :p That will make it relatively easy to create expansions with existing graphics. However the new graphics in Zarista Games' expansions was drawn by Sylon (our graphics guy), at least large part of it. And he is very busy with The Quest 2. All together that means that updated expansions from Zarista might happen (after Steamworks integration is done) or might not (Zarista was open to the idea of expansions for Steam, but not commited). But if some do happen, I'm reasonably sure we can work together to bring them to iOS too.

So, there you have it. It all depends. :)

12. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Oh man the original graphics are grittier, and give it a more ominous feel. I prefer it as the everything looked freakier. You are missing out seriously, as it would not take you long to adjust because of how great the gameplay is!

13. Findalflin

Mar 13, 2016
    Sorry the thread has gotten kind of long. Thank you for the reply I want to play the original once I'm finished. The problem is I really like the small changes that have been made. The improved to the UI, the enemies appearing on the mini map,and control button layout are just better.

14. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    I still play the original plus ALL expansions on my iPad mini 2 and it looks fine. I even play the HD version on the same machine as it is easier for me to hold. I may even play the expansions as standalone games and just stick to the HD version plus, for The Quest Gold saga. Decisions, decisions, life is soooooo hard ###

15. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    This sounds promising! Will the user created expansions be able to come to iOS too, or will that only be available via Steam on PC? Man, if user content was coming to iOS, this game would probably NEVER run out of expansions. LOL!

16. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    The original graphics aren't an issue for me either (the new ones ARE beautiful btw), but I must admit I prefer the HD version largely because of all the little improvements they've added. Being able to leave notes on the map is a game changer for me! I used to take screenshots of specific places and mark them up in a photo app and then save them to a file storage app. I know, I'm crazy. LOL!!

17. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    You can't just put a PC expansion on the iPhone. All graphics must be processed specifically for iOS.

Also because all expansions will work just like they do now for The Quest, we'll have to publish them as standalone apps. But if there will be high quality expansions for Steam, we can talk with the creators.

But don't get too far ahead, Steamworks integration is still quite a bit off. :p

18. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Sounds good to me! :D

Attached Files:

19. Findalflin

Mar 13, 2016
    Well there ever be a the quest ultimate bundle for all the older games?

20. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    great idea, actually. would buy it as a bundle with pleasure.