Universal The Quest HD (By Redshift)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Do u mean run out of quests around matras?
    If so in vastares where the king lives who loses his treasure and inheritance, outside in that square parlour there is a guy who hangs out there who will give you info on where to go next to get the attention of the theives guild if i remember right??

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Please, guys, beware of spoilers.

3. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Do u know how i can put that blue bar over a post that may contain spoilers? Ive seen some do it with their posts but i dont know how? Any body know?

4. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Correct.. how do i get attention ?
    wondering around and talking to everyone, but no luck..
    I ended up going to the wall in the south and pass it... but i am sure i am missing a lot

5. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    I dont know how to hide my potential spoilers so il give u a hint for now. Keep talking to all npcs in vastares especially where i sed in my earlier post, also some npcs are there at night or day i think? Also central vastares has some places u cant see easily and there are little dead ends here and there so keep asking!

6. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I posted several links a few pages back that will help point you in the right direction more often than not. That's the beautiful thing about this game, it's been around for SO long now there's tons of information about it. :)

7. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Here is a fake spoiler lol

HI THERE....

When your in advanced mode.. The last button on the top says "Wrap Spoiler"

8. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Baldurs Gate - lovely:)

9. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    But i still dont get how u did it, when i press quote to reply, there are no options for advanced or wrap spoiler so anyone got any step by step instructions? As i hate spoilers, so i defo dont want to be ruining for anyone else but i really dont know how u guys are wrapping the text with that blue bar?

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    test

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Quote me and see what I have typed. You have to put the word spoiler between [ and ] type the text you wanna hide and then finish with the same command but with / after [

I don't know if I was clear enough, though.

12. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I think I must be playing this game wrong. I keep hitting silliness.

First the Witch down south that can't be killed (and Googling has provided me only a bare answer about the place, but not which direction to go to get there).

NOW, I went to the 3rd city following the Main questline and hit a Cyclops who can't be killed. This one it actually pops a message window saying it can't be killed (which is nicer than the witch I think).

Are we NOT meant to explore the world? Should I be hopping from city to city collecting quests? Because I was sent on this one BY a person in the city.

It's just frustrating. And I'm wondering if maybe I just got unlucky (because the game has otherwise been fun).

13. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Glad you like them! :) I love that game, and it's got SO many awesome portraits already. It was just a matter of converting them to work in this game. :D

14. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    #334 macatron, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    No, you're not doing anything wrong. This game is made so that you can explore as far as your character's abilities will let them.

I'm not 100% sure about the witch you speak of, but it might be the Witch Queen.

As for the cyclops, it sounds like you've ran into the Cyclops King. If so, this is how you defeat him.

Talk to the Farmer in the south of the cave. He'll give you the Cyclops Blade. If you try to kill the cyclops with it, though, it still wont hurt him (but you have to try). After that you must go to the enchantress who lives in a house southwest of the cave. She will enchant your blade and you'll be able to kill the king.

Here's a link to a PDF with hints for the quests.
    http://www.mastech.de/quest/hintlist/quests.pdf

15. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Please, guys, use the spoiler tag. If not, I won't be able to follow the thread anymore. :(

16. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Sorry about that! I wasn't thinking about it when I posted.

17. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Thanks Mac. Yea, the Witch Queen. You can delete the rest of the info to keep the spoilers for the above guy. That checklist is helpful. The .RU website was so into keeping spoilers away that the information wasn't actually posted. Which is a shame, because having a Wiki with 1/2 the info you need is just silly. My big "worry" is that by time I "find" the person I need, all the murdering I did to get to the Queen/King in the first place will be reset. Esp that witch one. Those minions were brutal.

18. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Welcome! Glad I could help! :D

I updated my last post to cover up the solution with a spoiler blank.

19. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I quoted and it's right there? icon with [Spoil]

SPOILER testing.. /SPOILER

or use brackets [ ] for the 2 spoiler and /spoiler ones

20. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    #340 pka4916, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Still stuck with finding the Thieves thing for the main quest.
    Talked to everyone day and night..

I did see your PDF

Is this the issue? First go to Lake of Freymore then go to Pub in Vastares, Port Quarter

Or is it something else?

EDIT: Guess I don't need to worry for a while