iPad The Quest - Cursed Stone (by Redshift and Zarista Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by swisssk8er1, Feb 16, 2016.

1. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Thanks for the info!

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Please make The Quest iPad friendly.
    It looks so small on my iPad Pro. ☹

3. Zero Ehxe

Zero Ehxe Active Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Hopefully the sequel will include 2-handed weapons.

4. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    So... I just saw this and bought every single one. In total, with every expansion, that's what - hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours playing a game that is basically what you might get if you combined the replay value of Skyrim and then gave it old school Bard's Tale aesthetics. And you know what? It's less than a full-priced game on Steam, even with buying every single expansion.

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I have TQ Gold, is this standalone or will it expand areas in TQ? Sorry, I'm confused.

6. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #26 Catacomber, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Someone just wrote me they're playing it happily embedded in the Quest Gold. You can play it either embedded in the Quest or Quest Gold or as a standalone. If anyone has any trouble playing it embedded, just let me know but you should be fine.

@fabell--more are coming. : D

@stubbieoz--Redshift has to work on things in a sequence. : ) Right now Elendil is working on the Mac version of the base game. It's in their plan to make a hi-res iPad version after that from what i understand, so hang in there.

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #27 Catacomber, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Your question: "Does it sync saves between devices?"

So this is what Elendil said about saves:

There is no iCloud support in The Quest, so saves do not sync. But they can use iTunes File Sharing to copy the save files to their computer and then copy it back to whichever other device they have The Quest installed on.

Hope that works for you.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    There's a mind-boggling amount of gameplay in The Quest, enjoy!

Congratulations on the release! \:D/

9. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Freaking awesome, The Quest is one of the best games out there, hands down.

10. Lokina

Lokina Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I've downloaded Cursed Stone too. Having fun playing. :)

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #31 Catacomber, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Here is the surface map so you can better get around. :)

We expect to do two more Quest expansions next year--all things willing. In addition to Thor's Hammer this fall.

I guess we are Questaholics. :D

Attached Files:

12. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Elendil here, from Redshift.

I see you are enjoying the expansion. Do carry on! :)

I've also seen a few questions about The Quest in general. Most of them has been answered by Catacomber, but I'll reiterate to completely clarify:

We have updated The Quest with all new high resolution graphics and other improvements. It's available for the PC on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/428880). I'm working on the Mac version right now, it'll be available in the Mac App Store and Steam. After that we'll create an iPad version.

(The saves for the new high resolution version are not compatible with the iPhone version, but they will be compatible between the PC, Mac and iPad versions.)

Here is for many more hours of The Quest gameplay! :)

13. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Which one to start with?

I'm confused by these games. I have The Quest Gold, which seems immense and unlikely that I'll ever finish it, but if I do, what's next?

Is this an expansion, a standalone, or what? Should I have a high-level character to port into this app, or start from scratch? Or both/either?

Thanks much!

14. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    The Quest is the main game. All others are expansions, but all are accessible from the main game. They have varying recommended character levels to start, but nothing stops you from getting to them, once you have them (the higher level ones are accessible from Mithria, which is the third city in the main game, and you'd need to spend some time in game to reach it, but that's it).

The recommended character level and access city is listed in the App Store description for each expansion, and also on the expansion's pages on our website.

Nowadays, they would be DLCs, but when we released the first expansion, there were no DLC option in the App Store. And we kept the system for consistency sake. :) Because they are released as standalone apps, they must be playable (Apple's requirement). So, you can play them standalone. The game creates an appropriate starting character for it.

But the recommended (normal) way is to enable them in the main game (The Quest or The Quest Gold). You can even delete the expansion app after enabling it, you'd just continue playing one of your characters in the main game (or start a new one, for the very low level expansions).

15. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Ah thanks for the info.
    Count me in after the iPad release.

Back at my Pocket PC (Windows Mobile) days I was a big fan of this game.
    I won this game in a forum competition and played it for hours (sadly I never finished it :()

So I can´t wait to get my hands back at this!

16. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    #36 ashmike3, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Exciting about HD update. Will the HD be included if I have quest gold? Do you have a release window for the iPad version of the HD?Great game.

17. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    The existing iPhone version of The Quest (or The Quest Gold) will not be updated, sorry. We thought about it, but it's just not feasible.

The iPad version will be ported from the new high resolution PC version. It'll be a separate app.

18. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ok. Thanks. I'll be a buyer. Release timeframe?

19. Elendil / Redshift

Apr 14, 2009
    Hard to say. Hopefully the Mac version will be ready in early March, at most.

But after that I think we'll release our expansion first, which will need work. And the iPad version will need more work. :)

Hopefully late March, early April, but that might be optimistic... I just don't know yet. We'll work as fast as we can.

Just follow our Twitter or Facebook and you'll see the announcement. :) (Links are on our homepage www.redshift.hu)

20. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I had it installed on my ipod touch 1 or 2. The Quest goes back nearly as far as the appstore does.