iPad THE QUEST - coming soon - a stunning world full of magic

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chillingo, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

Coming soon to iPhone - THE QUEST is a graphically stunning, engaging and sinister world full of magic, music and provocative challenges.

Follow us on Twitter and receive news as it happens

Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, attributes, weapons, armor and enchantments, then explore a huge non-linear realm of four different cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests.

Play an absorbing card game, solve brain-teasing quests and clash with dangerous opponents in this turn- and skill-based role playing game.

You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic end of your own choosing. You will need all your gaming know-how to survive and discover your destiny!

The game is currently in beta -- release is imminent ! Developed by Redshift, Published by Chillingo

THE QUEST for iPhone screenshots.

Qshot1.jpg
    Qshot2.jpg
    Qshot3.jpg
    Qshot9.jpg
    Qshot5.jpg
    Qshot6.jpg
    Qshot7.jpg
    Qshot8.jpg

2. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Wow.
    Old school. Looks like the Elder Scrolls: Arena

3. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    How much will it be? If it's affordable then I'm going to pick it up, right after Payback, Bullet Skater, and Cellfactor.

4. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    This looks like exactly the kind of game I have been waiting for. When you move through the land, is it rendered, or is it like a slideshow where it redraws as you make each step? Ultima Underworld was one of my favborite games of all time, and this looks like it will play out similiar to that... if movement is rendered.

5. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Notice the little arrows on the side bar? I'm pretty sure it's slideshow type of deal.

6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Looks oldschoolicious! :)

7. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Probably, and it looks that way, but the ones I used to play that were fully rendered also had the movement keys, which you held down to move, so it could be either. In this case, though, it looks like they are going for really really old school which would mean, yep. No harm in wishful thiking, though.

8. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Yea, well heres hoping too, but it's a step in the right direction at least. Not sure how good this thing will be but I will keep an eye on it.

9. preuve

preuve Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I think it is based on the Palm or PocketPC version. Here's a link to a review of the Palm version.

10. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Meh

Just click on the redshift link then look at the pocket PC game the Quest ---find out what that was like and you will know what the game is about --- I do believe they are the same thing....just another port.

11. BadYeti

BadYeti Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    #11 BadYeti, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
    The Quest has been out for years on other platforms. You can even download a trial PC version from their webpage if you want a quick preview of what the game is like.

http://www.redshift.hu/thequestpc.htm

You can download the manual from http://www.redshift.hu/redshift/TheQuestManualPdf.zip

There were several expansion packs for the game, as well, including some nice ones made by Zarista Games and the user community since Redshift released the editor. If The Quest ends up being well received on the iPhone, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the expansion packs came out.

The game world isn't fully rendered. It's tile-based, like the old Bard's Tale, Wizardry or Might and Magic games.

12. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    This game looks like it could be really good. Thanks for the Head's up bad, i'll definitely download the trial later and see how it is. I'm a sucker for pretty much any RPG/Action-RPG type game. Although I still have to pick up vay first, looks like I better get moving...

13. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

lol, awesome, old school titles.. i'd try it

14. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Dang it, just when i thought I would get a great RPG. The concept and everything looks great, it's just I'm not a fan of old-school games. Well, to each his own, but I'm sure this app'll have loads of sucess, as there's a pretty large fanbase for old-school RPG's. Good luck with the app :D

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm on the beta testing team for the iPhone version of The Quest, and yes it is very "old school", and it's also a lot of fun. There's plenty to do to keep you busy for hours, you actually get to decide whether you want to be "good" or "bad" when playing, and the interface actually works pretty well on the iPhone (or in my case, iPod Touch). This is definitely a game for iDevice wielding RPG fans.

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    This might sound like a stupid question, but is it actually a 3d engine or do you turn in 90 degree chunks?

17. BadYeti

BadYeti Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    90 degree chunks.

18. Iolo

Iolo Member

Jan 6, 2009
    It looks really gorgeous!
    must be another great RPG of Chillingo
    like Dungeon & Hero.
    I'm looking forward to it. :)

19. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Another lazy port with awful graphic...imho.

20. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I'm not gonna lie, this is looking gooooood.