iPad The Prince Billy Bob [FREE] Unique Clicker RPG !

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mafgames, Nov 9, 2015.

1. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    It seems to me between the infinite damage or gold, is like 6 of one thing, half a dozen of another.
    I used to divide my keys evenly per dungeon run, but now I dump (most of) them all into one thing so I can notice differences better. (one run gold crystal, then golden eagle, then ring of power - each one put 10 levels into crit damage)

I wrote the dev this morning about a possible bug. I don't think the 5 offline quests completed is working correctly, though its possible I misunderstand how it works?

Last night, I spent the last of my gold on auto-ing Gather Dragon Blood. Its at level 26 and gives me 10.5I gold every 1:30 hours. (max cloak)

I turned the game off, went to bed, woke up 7 hours later thinking, ok, this quest should have completed 4 times, which is over 40I gold.

....but Billy Bob only had 28I in his massive pockets.

I'm not sure what happened because even if the quests only completed 3 times offline like they used to, I'd still have over 30I gold. Unless offline gains are halved and I missed reading that somewhere?

The dev is super awesome at replying/explaining and making fixes in my experience, so I'm sure this will be taken care of...

2. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Yep. It was a bug. He sent some gems as a thanks and he's working on a fix.

3. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it never successfully changed to "complete 5 quests off-line" on the previous patches and is still stuck at 3. Or maybe they don't factor in enhancements off-line and run off of standard completion time (which would be 3 hours for Dragon Blood).

Once you get the Pooruru Pet the quest times and "off-line gold" pretty much become obsolete, though. Even at Level 1, Pooruru would give you the quest reward for Dragon Blood about once every four minutes - but only if the game's actually open and running.

4. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    True. ...for life reasons, its not practical for me to leave me phone on for extended hours. I'd also like my phone to get some rest as I'm not in THAT much of a rush. I don't see myself leaving the top 1% anytime soon anyway.

Its just nice to come back to the game and be able to do a few upgrades right a way is all.

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'm confused what ring of speed does. Every time you upgrade its +1 to stage . Can someone explain this in the most simple way

6. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You attack once more in the "time interval" where you would have only attacked once without any Ring of Speed upgrades.

So at maximum level (10), you're attacking eleven times when you'd have only swung once at your starting speed. (At that point, Bob's pretty much always doing the "sword swing" animation.)

It's arguably the most important upgrade, because all the other "damage up" upgrades are multiplied by it.

7. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Thank u for clearing that up. I've overlooked this. Def will be spending all my keys u til max now

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Is there a Reddit with a guide of some sort and a guide where to distribute keys

9. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    There's a bit of information at https://www.reddit.com/r/theprincebillybob/ with a couple topics on optimal ratios for Ring:Gale:Statue:Crystal as well as various "paths" to use when spending your gems, but I've never seen a truly detailed guide anywhere.

10. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Are the costume items permanent, or do you have to repurchase them after every reincarnation?

I just started, and plugged in all the coupon codes from the Twitter and Facebook posts, but trying to figure out the best uses for gems now. I don't want to waste gems on any non-permanent upgrades.

11. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Costumes are permanent, and don't need to be "worn" to get the benefits. You can buy the Beginner's Helm but wear Santa's Hood all year and you'll still get the +30% Keys if you reincarnate on Floor 500 or lower.

http://tinyurl.com/BillyBobCoupons should have all the coupons in case you missed any.

12. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Awesome, thanks! :)

13. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Well crap...

I bought the golden boots, but they don't work.

Talk about a waste of 4k gems. >.<

14. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Not available in Japan...any special reason why?

I mean, I could switch back over to my us account but it's a bit of a pain having to switch between the two stores to update stuff.

15. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    New USA update... That's kinda cool

16. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    On my 45th dungeon now.

I can finally get past Gather Dragon Blood and Kill Dragons. This is the second run where Kill Devil and the Absolute Sword is my top quest and weapon and can make it to the mid 800 floors.

I know the 5 one time purchases of 100 treasure levels for $0.99 is a cash grab, but definitely worth it for those still loving this game.

17. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Still any chance of this popping up on the Japan store?

e: I see my comment from months ago up there... oh well.

18. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    To be honest, I wouldn't expect it. The English version still gets updated every month or two, but it's definitely treated like a "side project" compared to the original Korean version.

The developer was very active on Facebook over Winter, posting several times a week. It slowed down a bit over Spring and he/she only posted once over all of Summer.

19. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Thanks, yeah, I stopped being lazy and logged into my us acct to try it. Good fun!

...until the latest update borked it.