The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Naw. Never liked older iterations of that one either. Never been a fave. Might go for the Wipeout. Looks really good, and as long as it controls like you say, I'll be good to go! Played that since the first one on PS1 long ago! Just got Tekken 7 and diggin' that right now even though I'm not the biggest fight-game fan!

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Does anyone reading this thread have PSVR?

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    No, SUPERBEAT isn't like Amplitude at all. It's quite different. I like it a lot more then Amplitude.

Here's some gameplay from it on PS4:

https://youtu.be/jpl7oQMqYmk?t=218

That's on the hardest mode. There's 3 difficulty levels for each song.

4. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Is there a section in this thread where you can request others as friends on the PSN? (Usernames)

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Just post it here. Though for the record I don't add random people so I won't add you, but others might. Don't take it personal. I just ended up with lots of people on my friend list who I had no idea who they were after a while and I decided to stop doing that.

6. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Crunc, the name that I used way back when is my first and last name all in lowercase letters with a space in between. Wondering if I should call Sony and find out if I can change the name to something less obvious without it effecting the trophies. Bronze trophy whore here.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Unfortunately there is no way to change your PSN name. There's been rumors that Sony has this in the works, but so far nothing. So the only current option for changing your PSN username is to start a new account. :(

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Finished Horizon Dawn. It has been QUITE a long time since I actually played through anything to the end.

Quite a fun game with a good storyline. Weapon selection is good and some weapons that start off as seeming to be meh, turn out to be quite spectacular once one's strategies start jelling.

Going to start on Nier Automaton.

Wished I liked Shadow of Mordor, they had the Year End eition will all dlc for $3.99. Still wasn't worth it for me. The mechanics were just to clunky for me.

9. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'm pretty much addicted to Elite Dangerous. I've dropped all interest in everything else since buying it on launch. That said, it's definitely not for everybody. I guess it's what I was looking for in a space trader sim that I never had. :)

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Being the JRPG and RPG lover I am, I've been playing Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age all week. It's my first time playing XII, and so far it has been a refreshing take on FF. I'm still in the middle of FFXV, FF Type-0, World of Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest Heroes II. I should probably focus on beating one or the other, but I just love bouncing around to whichever I feel like playing.

And as far as FFXIITZA goes, it at first felt a little more focused with a richer delivery of the story than FFXV... and now it really does. I love FFXV's world and all, but you can definitely tell that FFXIITZA comes from the same intriguing world as Final Fantasy Tactics. And with two jobs, many gambits, quickenings & espers... there are so many choices to make and possible team combinations, it really feels like I am enjoying a unique experience.

Just my thoughts, fwiw.

11. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I've been playing Tekken 7. Even bought my first ever arcade stick for it (ended up doing better on pad tho.). Very fun. Easy Platinum if you're into that.

12. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Patapon Remastered will be out in the US on August 1st! Available for pre-order $11.99 PS+, $14.99 reg.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I wish I could like trading, making money, etc. Bores me to tears. But I may get it at appropriate price point.

14. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Pata-pata-pata-pon! Coming next Tuesday 8/1 to the states to the PS4. One of the best rhythm RPGs to come out in a decade. (At least the PSP version was.)

15. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    It's really so much more though! Well let me change that a bit... It's what you make of it. There's plenty of combat like bounty hunting and combat zones, also smuggling gets exciting. The flight mechanics are on point, so combat is highly rewarding when you come out on top. I'm so freaking biased right now though lol I'd suggest watching video if you ever get interested.

Here's a good trailer made by a fan for a contest. Sorry I dont know how to embed it. :-(

https://youtu.be/9a9wZlpyygI

16. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah that's gonna be one I pick up for sure, and I've never considered myself a rhythm game fan. Good stuff tho.

17. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Gotta question for anyone who might know!
    Maybe I'm the only person in the world ????, but I keep waiting for a next-gen Surfing game for the PS4 like Kelly Slater or something! The water would look SO GOOD on this console!!! What's up with that? There's been surfing games on every console ever! Also, why no really good (and not at all) ANY Fishing games? I especially enjoy SALTWATER fishing!!! What's up with that, too?! Wonder if there's any plans for either (or BOTH!!) Thanks!:confused:

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The only surfing game I've played was part of California Games on Atari Lynx. :) I don't know that a surfing game would do well these days, but who knows. For your sake I hope you get one!

19. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I remember that game it was good! I dunno. I don't see why not these days! Pro surfing is very popular (at least in the US) and, like I said, there have been surfing games on every console going WAY back! Same with fishing games! I'm surprised that on the PS4 there hasn't been any at this point! I hope they make a good one soon! All these space/first person shooters that constantly flood the platform are really getting old ( for me, at least) and there needs to be more variety of different types of games, but I guess these days companies just wanna stick with the same-old-same-old, which is boring me. There's less for me to keep interested in console gaming and at this rate, any next-gen console might not be attractive to me anymore. I just may stick with mobile and I'm happy with that, because I can always find lots of good stuff here that tickles my fancy all the time and bang-for -your -buck wise, it can't be beat! Sixty bucks for a game is not worth it in most cases to me! Plus, stacks of physical software is SO 90's! I'm not trying to speak for others, this is just how I feel about it. I'm trying to convey that.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #1120 crunc, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    I'm not a FPS guy. Anyway, there is at least one fishing game for PS4 (this is a US store link):

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/euro-fishing/cid=UP3004-CUSA08113_00-0000000000000000

No surfing, though.