The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah that would be a tough start, surprised they let that happen on your first roll, my world was all fluffy bunnies and pleasant vibrations (apart from the Sentinels).

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Right. Being cheaper like that is kind of attractive. Otherwise, if it's the same price as the disc, I always go for that 'cause I can still get money back for it when I'm done with it and re-sell it. :D

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #1023 crunc, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Limited Run Games puts out limited run physical versions of digital games. That's probably the only hope for a physical version of Abzu. They are really limited runs, though, and they're kind of expensive. Anyway, you could keep an eye out for that.

https://limitedrungames.com

I got my beta code for Firmware 4.00. My kid has installed it, but I'm not going to be home until late so will only get to try it out then. Early word is the update is pretty damn nice, though.

4. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Everyone has different taste and a lot of hype so I get some people are disappointed.

What annoys me is that it's getting hammered in reviews, so now everyone is jumping on the hate bandwagon. I knew before reading a single review it wouldn't do too well critically because the bugs and the aimless nature. But that's what the games about and it does this so very well. It's far from perfect, but it's got it where it counts IMO. Plus it's thrilling to point the nose of your starship straight up to the stars and hit it, transitioning to space and onto a spacestation without a single loading screen. I haven't put this game down since getting it at midnight on release night. Not something that happens with me.

@pluto6 If NMS is anything, it's an exploration game. The beginning is a bit tough since you're learning the basics of the game, and your randomly placed on a planet, so yeah, that sucks. Keep at it though because it's absolutely worth it, and plenty of exploration.

@september I'm totally addicted as well! What I believe it does so well is that you'll be doing one thing and than something crazy and different will come up, whether that be a totally different type of world, multi-tool upgrade, or ship/ship upgrade. Not to mention the discoveries you come across! *wink wink*

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Anyone else get in the 4.00 firmware beta? It's pretty good so far, but some annoyances. Folders are definitely nice, but they move around just like game icons. I wish I could pin a folder in place. I've run into a crash during rest mode bug (which they seemed to fix in the past, but now I guess rears its ugly head again) which I reported. I also reported a bug which the PS4 has had the entire time I've owned one: if you insert a disc before logging in, it won't jump to the front when you do login. Worse, if it's a bluray movie or DVD, it won't show at all. You have to eject with the eject button on the console and re-insert while logged in. Then it behaves right. So annoying to me that they haven't fixed this yet.

6. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Just heard Game Stop is taking pre-orders for the disc for Absu s'posed to come out in November. Can't wait. Gonna grab the digital one when my PS4 arrives hopefully tomorrow. Grabbed a few games to get me going. Got Ratchet & Clank, GOW 3, DMC Difinitive Ed., and DOA 5. Really excited to get into the PS Store. Probably gonna go nuts in there! #

7. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    You can access the PS Store on your PC/Mac

Also, great choices!

8. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hope they heard you! That's a bunch of BS, man!!! #

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Did anyone else buy Videoball? It's really great, but the online is not well populated at all. But there's a way around this. There's a discord chat which people use to organize games. If you get the game, join the discord chat here: https://discord.gg/95UaR9N

Hopefully they'll have a sale on it at some point and that will help boost the online community, but via that discord you can get into games most nights anyway. It's only $10 though.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Did you all see the Humble Capcom Playstation bundle? Really love that this has happened:

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-playstation-bundle

Most are PS3, but there's some PS4. I bought in when beat the average price was at $7.89. Right now it's $12. BTA price includes Resident Evil HD (your choice of PS3 or PS4 version).

In part I bought in just to support this idea and to hopefully see more in the future. But also I really want to play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Okami HD, Resident Evil HD and some others.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  12. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ohh, Okami HD sounds good! Used to have that on my old PS2!

You know, I thought Klonoa was supposed to be in the PS2 on PS4 spot! Didn't see it at all! Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno!! Or maybe it's somewhere I don't know about! :D

13. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You know, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's a lot more going on and a lot more choices to be had in the Xbox store than the PS4 store! Kinda let down! Also, was expecting--okay, hoping there would be more PS2 games available for my new PS4!!! Also, in general, it seems like this console's library is growing really slowly (too slowly) IMO! What's up with that?? I wonder why there's no good fishing games here!! And no next-gen surfing games either! Why no updated Kelly Slater? Or something killer like that? I really want (need) something like that!!! Is there at least any plans afoot for that? #

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Can't say that the library seems to be expanding slowly to me. Lots of stuff out there and more all the time. But admittedly I don't even know of any surfing games on anything except the Atari Lynx had it in one of it's games. Ha ha!

15. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ha, I remember California Games! That surfing game was the best game on that cart! :D
    Well ya know, every console has had multiple surfing games over the years, and of course now on the new systems it can be done so nicely! Don't remember seeing any surfing games on the Xbox One either yet. Now, I realize fishing and surfing games aren't the most popular games, but I'm sure there's a sizable demand for 'em! Always has been. In any event, I'd like to see it happen here on the PS4. If not, I s'pose I'd be happy with the old PS2 KS game. Just saying--the way they've improved water effects these days, a surfing game would look amazing! Also an ocean fishing game would be sweet as well! As long as a dev doesn't put aquarium fish in the game to catch. That's a joke!!! To see a TWO POUND clown fish that snaps your line after a ferocious fight doesn't do anything for me at all!! To me, that's not even funny, but I'm sure most gamers don't know as much about fish as I do, so they may not be bothered by that one bit! Just wanna see a new killer fishing and surfing game on PS4! #

16. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    #1036 darkhorse, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    I know it goes without saying but, also make sure you do not share the same e-mail and passwords on every online service. Make your passwords as long as possible and mix in Lowercase/Uppercase characters, numbers and symbols. Use utilities such as 1password and lastpass to help you manage and make your passwords.

If you are curious about your strength of your password, check HERE. Type in a password and it will tell you how long it'll take for someone to brute force your password.

17. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So...... My favorite game is now Abzu! It's SO awesome! You don't kill anything, you don't die, don't shoot anything. No timers or IAP. Absolutely the most beautiful, amazing underwater game I have EVER seen in my life! Calming, but really exciting, while playing, my mouth is agape in wonder as I come upon scene after scene of incredibleness and the things you can do is simply wonderful and special! Don't wanna spill the beans on any of it here. The music is so soothing and relaxing you can't help but fall under its spell also! I feel so addicted to it, but I don't ever want to finish it because I don't want it to ever end!!!! Weird feeling for me, I'll tell ya! Such surreal environments, so much to see and enjoy, it blows my mind! I LOVE it! Honestly, it's hard for me to remember any game that has moved me the way this has, and I've been a gaming addict for almost 45 years, man! #
    If any of this sounds like your cup of tea at all, I highly recommend you get this! You'll be glad you did! :D

18. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Would be great to see more of these bundles. I donated, even though I have a few of the games listed.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  20. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #1040 bigrand1, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    ......so, what went down? Been gone all day and haven't heard anything about anything today! Probably some VR news and iPhone 7 stuff, I'd imagine..... Anything good for us? (PS4)