The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Playing BL2, and while shops still carry crap for the most part, i got an orange drop from the Bewm Boom Bros,and my first time Back with Doc Mercy netted me the Infinty Pistol. Seems like Eridium pops up more frequently. The chests by in large still only have white and green. Rarely a blue, have yet to see a purple. Have seen one or 2 blues in shops. I never could figure how they could ever put a white or even green in "Weapon of the Day".
    Seems I read that the orange drop rate was increased 300%. But, if the drop rate started at 1 per billion, that is now inreased to 3 per billion. So, depends on what the drop rates are coded for. For the most part, the only reason I grab stuff is to sell it. I think I have only found one weapon (outside of bosses) that were dropped and useful. Sad... If only they had done loot like BL 1.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    You will find weapons you grow attached to, and yeah the shops are largely for selling unless you're early in or need ammo, pretty much the same complaint I have for all games that use shops, don't think I can remember a useful one outside of an upgrade vendor. I didn't mind the loot, it will generally scale with you and you should save any keys you get for later. Higher levels find better gear, puts more emphasis on levelling up and builds.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #943 crunc, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Downwell PS4 is still broken for me and still shows a price/add-to-cart in the store. How long has this problem taken to fix in the EU typically?

EDIT: I just checked the Vita listing for Downwell in the store and it now says Add to Cart instead of download too - it use to say Download. Both are available in my download list.

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    A couple of days typically, in the case mentioned earlier with Hitman GO where they pushed a completely new instance of the game and deleted the old one because they borked crossbuy, a week and a half.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    BlitWorks wants to port Undertale. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but they've put it out there. Hopefully the dev takes them up on it.

https://twitter.com/BlitWorks/status/738673889082023936

Actually doesn't even say for sure it would come to PSN, but they've ported other games to PSN....

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Some nice freebies on Plus this week.

Playing BL2 - drop rates and store purchases suck - all low level white or green, or even lower level rare blues and even more rare purple. Surprisingly, the bosses and mini bosses actually drop orange. I have more orange weapons than purple or blue, even though they are severly underleveled.

Ho-hum. Will probably play through once, but disappointed at the billions of junk weapons that are available.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  9. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
  10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I think they are looking at it as a different model of the same thing. Like a Mustang and Mustang GT. If you're willing to spend more you can get the souped up model, but the other model is still new too. Not saying this is going to work out well, but I think that's the way they are looking at it.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Everything is speculation but apparently they're waiting for MS to announce theirs, probably due to pricing, much like they did with VR and Oculus.

12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    We could repeat the same discussions, but honestly... if you're not enjoying it there's plenty of other games to play.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, sorry. I read that above. Figured it was too late to delete it. :eek:

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I actually came back to delete mine :) Even if you hadn't read the previous you're still entitled to voice your opinion about it, no need to be sorry.

15. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I picked up a kerblaster from Midge-Mong first try. Used it half the game at least. It was that good.

Orange drops from the shops are definitely possible. The only one I encountered was a Orange Hyperion Shock Grenade (don't remember exact name) post game. I loved throwing them cos of the animation. For some more golden Keys, I used this site. Scroll towards the bottom and redeem the codes.

Be on the lookout for Loot midgets. They give Orange items on occasion.

Persona 5 went up for Preorder recently. Ran to Amazon and Preordered my copy. Loved Persona 4 Golden on Vita.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Same for me. Kerblaster is literally the bomb. The orange grenade dropped by the Bewm Bros is also great, as well as the Orange shock.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm going to to the Playstation E3 Experience thing tonight. Anyone else going to it somewhere? I'm mainly in it for the swag. LOL.

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am jealous. Never had the chance to go. A bucket list item for me.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Solid show I thought, with no boring parts at all, aside from the anti-climactic ending, but rumor has it it that that was because they had to pull some big reveal at the last second. If you missed it, they showed Days Gone early in the event and then for some reason at the end of the show they finished with a live play of it. Was weird to go back to something that talked about earlier in the show. Definitely feels like something was dropped. I wonder what it was?

Free swag included $10 PSN, a theme (I've forgetting what) and some other stuff I couldn't catch because they showed the list only for a few seconds. I put my code in for it, but it says it will be delivered in a few weeks.

Anyway, it was fun. Definitely will be back again next year.

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Not much I got excited about this year, Horizon I want but I don't expect it to be stellar, Days Gone looks slightly promising in a been there done that kind of way but it could be fun, God of War but on the surface it looks like it's lost it genre which could prove its downfall if they don't replace the combo hell with some substance.

I don't know, gen has been too confused by hardware (PlayStation VR, Neo, Model S, Scorpio, Oculus, Vive, 1080, etc), how about people just focus on delivering some good games. Naughty Dog can do it on current gen, hell it even makes my 970 look archaic as far as what's out there.