The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Enter the Gungeon is a game that keeps on giving. So much to this game. I keep finding new stuff. Really fantastic.

I finally opened the first shortcut. But it's tough starting on floor 2. You need to find a new weapon ASAP. It probably helps to start with a character that has a 2nd weapon from the start.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    More news on PS4K

Sony calls it NEO
    Faster GPU, CPU and Memory
    All games must ship with a NEO mode and PS4 standard mode going forward
    Sony won't allow NEO exclusives

3. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Might buy one if it means less crippled VR games.

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It looks stunning

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Here, regardless of Sony law it's 5 years and has been tested in a court and Sony lost. I had a similar thing, contacted inside their one year warranty and they gave some 'fixes' and the problem didn't resurface until outside of their one year again. They tried the whole cost to fix thing (they seem to have a default price dispite the issue), then when I pestered them and showed them previous cases here they offered me a refurb. Having had experienced Sony's idea of refurb before (a series of three that didn't last 4 months between them) I told them I wanted a new one, to which they said no. Took it to the courts, complaint was logged, then I get a phone call from Sony offering me a new one.

They're unpleasant to deal with, at least English support is, but stick to your guns and check local consumer law, it should be considered the same as a laptop as far as lifespan goes.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It is a joy to play. Best , truthful review so far is the IGN one. I would actually say they are a bit generous in the scores, but graphics are gorgeous, the weapons are fun, the dialog is humerous. Very little grinding is required. I am very impressed so far. A ressurected 1st gen R&C with updated graphics frame rates, enemies, but brings the eary 2000's in to today.

Gundgeon is callimg my name this weekend. I hope its great. Crunc - dont steer me wrong.

7. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    With Neo I would really love to see some games in native 4K. Won't happen for most modern games but Housemarques last gen games like Super Stardust and Dead Nation might work and would probably look awesome.

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I finally unlocked the shop! Thanks for the info. I'm working on opening the shortcut now. This game is deeper than originally thought and I'm loving it!

9. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #889 ScotDamn, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Gungeon is a total delight. It's easy to get right into for a few rounds here and there or to play for much longer. The depth to what's there has really surprised me.

10. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Anyone else got into the Mirror's Edges Catalyst beta? Because I apparently did but ended up downloading some sort of Assassin's Creed game in first person perspective :/

11. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Can't wait until Tuesday Alienation is released its looking awesome

12. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009

It looks good. Dunno when I'll get to it but Pre-ordered anyways for the discount.

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I like Housemarque, they produce good takes on Arcade classics with their own spin, surprised they haven't ported Outlands over. Alienation is tougher and more fluid than Dead Nation, enjoying it so far but haven't had a great deal of time on it.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Unlocked another thing in the Breach in Enter the Gungeon. A couple that sends you on missions to kill a certain number of a certain enemy. No idea yet what they do when you meet their objective.

I've defeated the 2nd boss a few times and thus made it to the 3rd floor. No luck yet with the 3rd boss. Just getting there is tough. So far I've only done that once and I got slaughtered. I have the 2nd floor shortcut, but I still generally start from floor 1 in order to get weapons and/or items as that helps on the 2nd floor.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Did anybody here play Snoopy Flying Ace on the Xbox 360? I loved that game. Would love to see it resurrected as a sequel on PS4 (and Vita would be nice too). Really fun game. They still have their website up, locked in the past:

http://www.snoopyflyingace.com/#/Home

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Uncharted 4 preloaded and sitting on my drive, just have to wait for it to unlock now. Crazily, even the two themes that came with it are unlocked at the same time.

Can't wait, pity it unlocks midnight on a work day.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Shadow Complex remastered for PS4??? One the best games to come out on Xbox 360... I am going to hope the remaster does it justice.

18. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Been playing the Overwatch open beta and i'm really enjoying it! Will definitely be buying the game.

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The first hour of Uncharted 4 is truly brilliant, best looking game I've played hands down. Finally feels like the PS4 has come of its own, I couldn't stop gushing and feels really good too. Roll on knock off time, my wife's going to have an absent husband for a bit.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #900 crunc, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Made a last minute decision to try the Overwatch beta (which has been extended through tonight and into tomorrow morning), but it appears that even though the time has been extended, the beta download has been pulled. Searching for Overwatch just turns up the full game pre-order, and some miscellaneous stuff. Darn.