The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Once you get to the cleric (and probably die), the doll will be awake and you can start upgrading your stats.

I am on about the 5th place where the witches are. I think there are about 12 or 13 bosses. Very large game.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    He doesn't even mention Broforce and it's not the only pixel art type game on the PS4, how'd you come to that conclusion? He is dumb though. Sorry Bro
    force

3. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Oh, ok. I didn't see a previous post explaining that, if there was one. I'm loving broforce personally. Local coop is hilarious. Just to clarify, who was being dumb?

4. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks, I just made to the cleric and, as you and I predicted, got destroyed. Time to grind some blood echoes! I never played any of the souls games, so I'm not sure if this is the norm, but I'm loving the level design in bloodborne. Once you get the new area for the first time you're overwhelmed by the size of the area and you have no clue how to get around, but once you play and die a few times it really become pretty clear and linear. It's pretty cool.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Well, not to give spoilers, but one day of the toughest bosses is one of the first (not the cleric) - make sure you explore and talk at the windows/doors that you can. You need to get a music box. I'll let you look up more on your own.

I played the original DS and spent most of my time being dead - very frustrating. I am hoping DS 3 (which I preordered) will not have that mechanic.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    StMarck the Troll, of course.

I haven't had a chance to play it coop yet (online with randoms seems to be completely broken, though some friends have had some success with private matches), but I am going to recruit my kids to play soon. It's lots of fun solo too, though.

7. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    StMarck
    Banned

Oh well. He/She/It won't have a chance to explain the PS4's poor graphics.

Remote Play PC/Mac sounds very interesting. Can't wait to try that out. Even though I don't really see myself using it much...

My PS4 is taking a backseat for a little while as I give my Vita some use. Will finish one or maybe two more games on Vita, then I'll head back to console.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'll use the PC/Mac remote play because sometimes the kids are playing on the TV with other systems. Or vice versa. Would be sweet to be able to play some PS4 games remotely (and with all the controls, unlike the Vita). Unfortunately that feature is not in the beta. I'm not sure if they're going to add it to the beta later or not - I got into the beta, but I haven't installed it yet because that's the main feature I'm interested in. The other thing is they must be making an official driver for the DS4 for PC and Mac, and that's cool itself.

9. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Noticed a couple of deals off Amazon.

Call Of Duty Ghosts Hardened Edition is going for $18 bucks. (in case you're wondering, you can buy the camera that comes with the "Prestige" Edition separately for about $12 bucks.)

Evolve is $10. Surely can't go wrong with that right? Not much positive reaction towards the game based on the Amazon reviews. I'll try it for myself whenever I find the time

10. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #830 one.sixty.four, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    I'd be careful with those two as they are both pretty online centric and I've heard that they are both pretty empty these days. However, shadow of mordor game of the the year edition is just $25, if you haven't played it it seems like now's the time.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Amazon Japan now will ship to the US. Don't necessarily have to buy from PlayAsia or wherever for imports any more. Of course you don't get your Prime shipping, so shipping cost could be an issue. I haven't tried it yet.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    But I pay for prime! Do I care if Japan is further away? :eek:

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Ghosts at least has a single player campaign and full bot support and local co-op so not a bad deal, definitely not the best in the series though. Evolve sounds like it has partial/vague bot support and no campaign, would be wary.

14. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok, good points.

15. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    I'm in it for the single player experiences mostly. With the season pass included in Ghosts, it was hard to resist that price point though. Not sounding good for Evolve but I will still try it out.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    One thing with Ghosts and the DLC it's about 10 gig for each pack, x4 that's 40. I think with game it all comes to about 65-70GB install size

17. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Ouch.

I know what content will be deleted once I'm tight for space.

Sounds like I'll be using this in the near future.

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    My introduction to The Division retail (yeah I know, backlog) - Picked it up after work, got home around 6:30pm, had tea and spent some time with wife, installed around 7:45pm and wants to download a 2.5Gb patch and won't run without it due to needing to connect to servers, finishes around 8:50, watch intro and create character, UI lights up and am in game (which looks nice btw), notification on bottom left tells me the server is going to shut down in just over 5 minutes, 5 minutes later server shuts down and I'm booted out of the game. Check scheduled maintenance times and will be from 9pm local time until midnight.

Awesome.

19. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    That's rough, sorry to hear that. I've heard a lot of good things about the game, but apparently it best with more than one person so I'm trying to convince a few friends to buy it with me. Once you get to play the game would you mind giving some impressions? Thanks.

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Just really bad timing to pick the game up I guess, least got to have a blast tonight. Will spend a bit more time with it and let you know how it goes, fwiw combat so far seems good and if you like loot games there's plenty to pick up.