The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Hmm, is this US-only? I couldnt find it in my countries PSN store a couple hours ago. :(

2. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    That appears to be the case, for the moment. Hope it comes out everywhere.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008

Axiom Verge isn't on Vita yet, but it's supposed to still be coming.

I haven't tried Guns, Gore and Canolli yet.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Seems to be out for SCEE now, at least in my country.

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok, so I finally bought bloodborne. Any tips on how not to get totally destroyed?

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Git gud. At least that is what the guys in the gamefaqs forums say.

Learn attack patterns. Try and isolate so you are not in groups. Learn the timing of the stun with your gun, as that attack can instakill many strong enemies. You can frequently run away. Many enemies will only follow a short way. If you get desparate, erase and reinstall the game without internet on and use the cheats to level your person way up.
    Enemies facing away from you can be snuck up on just walk slowly. Good luck.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I find the lack of save points to be too frustrating in that game. Great atmosphere, but I haven't even gotten to the first boss and I stopped playing. I intend to go back to it at some point, but then again Gamestop is giving $20 for it right now and I paid less than that, so I might just trade it in.

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! I haven't actually played it yet, but I'm excited to finally check it out. I'm feeling pretty confident and can't wait to play a game with real difficulty again. I remember years ago when I'd get to a boss in a game I would studious study attack patterns, figure out the perfect way to beat them, and after many tries finally defeat the boss. It doesn't get much more rewarding than that.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    This site - http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/24/bloodborne-guide-walkthrough/
    has some great hints and tips sections including basic and more advanced combat. Since the game gives you almost no tutorials, it is worth doing some reading. It is a game that rewards patience, and for some people, they obviously just get it, and I could see it being extremely fun. For me, it is fun, I have not gieven up on it, but it is a constant struggle to advance. I guess like Ninja Gaiden if you ever played that, although you cant change the difficulty on Bloodborne.

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Timing is key, for both attacking and dodging - master both and you'll be right. Mash and you'll die. Game also rewards players who attack more so than those who play defensively once engaged in combat, you have a brief window of time that you can reclaim lost health before it goes down properly. Don't take on bosses too early, call in other players if you're finding an area frustratingly difficult, keep pushing forward to open shortcuts throughout the map (they're really not that far apart and it'll be the best feeling ever).

Take it slow for starters, don't alert packs and take them out one or two at a time, get their attention and pull back so you don't attract more than you can handle. Attack from behind when you can. Levelling makes a big difference so persevere.

Good luck.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The new patch sounds good, main features I can remember off the top of my head:

Friend notifications, on/off or you can set for particular friends
    Having the ability to be online but invisible
    Remote Play for PC/Mac
    Add personalised meet ups to Scheduler with reminders

12. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Go in guns blazin'! ;)

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yeah - I wish I'd gotten in the beta. There's some good new stuff, but of course we are still going to be missing folders. Argh.

Broforce is a lot of fun, but the online seems to be completely broken. Sucks. I tried to join online matches and every time, even when it seems to connect me, I end up at a static screen that never changes and when I try to drop out it doesn't work. There's also a movement bug - sometimes you can't move for a second. Seems to happen shortly after I spawn but also some other times. Not a deal killer, though, and though the online isn't working for me right now the game is a lot of fun solo. Hopefully going to try out local coop with my kids this weekend.

If you do play, you'll find that they don't bother to explain the controls. X is jump, Square is main weapon, Circle is secondary weapon (limited ammo), triangle is used to enter some vehicles (if they show an icon above them when you stop on top of them) and the left bumper is run if you hold it down. I think you can use the triggers for shooting too if you prefer. Do the "Covert Ops" missions when they open up because they unlock things. The first one unlocks ammo resupply boxes (for secondary weapon), for example.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Bloodborne has a fantastic atmosphere, but it's frustrating due to sparse save points, especially no save point before a boss, so you'll be going back over the same territory and enemies a LOT. That soured me to it, but a lot of people do like it.

15. StMarck

StMarck Member

Feb 27, 2016
    I try not to h8 ps4, but boy, the graphics is soooo poor( :(

16. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    What? Have you ever played ps4?

17. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    So I made it to the first boss in bloodborne no problem. But I'm getting totally destroyed by the two werewolves guarding the boss fight. Any tips?

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Cleric boss or Gascoinge? If the cleric boss, you will get the ability to start upgrading everything, which is huge.

The 2 werewolves - throw a rock an the run into the house down the stairs, they cant follow you in, so easy to beat. Molotovs work well, or the beast attraction potion if you have them.

Quite the game huh?

I just preoredered Dark Souls 3, I am hoping that after dying one doesnt have to spend hours being dead like in the first one. I suspect it will be sort of a mix between DS2 and BB.

19. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    yeah, it's the cleric. It is quite the game! I got it in the PSN sale along with metal gear solid v. So I have a lot to do.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm guessing he's talking about Broforce. But I mean that game is a pixel art game. I can see not liking pixel art (I like it myself, though Broforce won't win any awards for it's pixels), but it's got nothing to do with what the PS4 is capable of graphically. How dumb can you get?