The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    I think I beat all 3 in under 10 hours each if i remember correctly.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    According to the PS+ thingy on the PS4 our free games this month are Helldivers and nom nom galaxy, don't think many people here have tried NNG, has a steep learning curve and weird premise but not a bad little title. I think everyone has Helldivers from what I've read.

3. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Iv played both. Really enjoyed my time with Helldivers and Nom Nom Galaxy is a fantastic game (riddled with awful netcode)

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I already have Helldivers, but I've been wanting to try Nom Nom, so that's a win. We also get Nova-111 as it's cross-buy. That looks kind of interesting but not sure about it. I will try it in any case.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am going to check it out. Phenomenal reviews. Tomb Raider Definitive hard to pass up for $7.50. Probably get that as well. Oh well, more backlog.

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Anyone have impressions on Sleeping Dogs? The definitive edition is $10 and includes all dlc. I like the idea of hand combat too.

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I'm just starting Rise of the tomb raider on the Xbox one, but now I might just need to pick up the definitive edition as well. So many games! Haha

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    As a game it's pretty fun, as a port they didn't do a very good job, it looks okay but has a terrible frame rate. For $10 it's fine, but probably the worst port I've played on the PS4.

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Doom's SnapMap looks awesome, especially being available on consoles: SnapMap Video

Looks like it goes beyond the typical map editing available before on console with some gameplay changes able to be made too, a bit like LBP2. Time to finishes that original Doom map I started on PC years ago...

Will ramp up the longevity for a purchase.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    You ever played any of the Trials games? Their in-game editor is about as in-depth as you can get - it was used to create the game. Anyway, this reminds me of that and it sounds great.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I have Fusion but never tried the editor, didn't realise that, will give it a go thanks.

12. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    PSN Howlingwolf70

Playing Fallout 4 , Battlefront and giving the Division beta a go tomorrow

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I didn't realize The Witness was so expensive. Going to have to do more research before just buying a game I never heard of.

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Finished the Uncharted Collection.

Rating the Uncharted's: 2>GA>3>1

Looking back I only truly enjoyed 2 and GA. Couldn't get over the enemy's lack of reaction to getting shot in 3 and 1 was just janktown, though it was the first one so it's understandable. I'll still pick up 4, but I don't think I'll be in any rush to play it.

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Starting to play Tomb Raider DE. Looks really good. Well worth the 7.50. Picked up Sleeping Dogs and looking forward to this although TR seems to get better reviews. Really nice sale.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I really enjoyed TR, and yeah they did a great job with porting it. Spot the NZ Rugby t-shirt.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The Division seems pretty good. At least I liked the mission/encounters stuff. But I'm not sold on the Dark Zone. Seems boring, but maybe I just tried it when it was dead.

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    New Black Ops III maps seem fun, Rise is a little meh but other 3 MP maps and Zombie map are quite decent after a playthrough.

Maybe not as interesting as the DLC for Ghost but Skyjacked is a win.

Hoping for open beta of Division, would like to give it a crack.

19. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I haven't played call of duty in recent years but I decided to pick up black ops 3. So my question is: do people usually abandon the original maps when the DLCs come out? I hope not because I've been enjoying the game but don't want to spend another $50 on the season pass just to keep multiplayer relevant.

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    In my experience its fine, but play as much offline as on so not hard out at it. I would wait for a sale though, I got season pass and game for about that combined.