The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    And not having finished the game, The Outlander probably has better advice than I. I almost never finish any games.. :eek:

Those other suggestions might be better. AC Syndicate is great (although assassinating people all the time may not be wise). My kids have always enjoyed the Call of Duty series as well even when they were younger, but a lot of people think that it might contribute to violence in the world. I have not yet played Fallout, but recently picked it up so will be playing in a few days.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Amplitude coming Jan 5!!!

I bought my son this game as part of the kickstarter campaign. I am not sure what level we contributed ( I think maybe $30 - $50). One of our favorite all time games.... Can't wait for this to come out.

3. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok. I believe he already has syndicate (turning off the blood in that game makes it pretty tame) and a few of the other suggestions, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice!

4. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #664 one.sixty.four, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Ok, thanks. I'll look it up to check it out. Is fallout less mature than MGSV?

Edit: I just watched some mission 43 gameplay, that's pretty disturbing.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I kickstarted it too. I never played the original, but I love rhythm games and it looks fun.

Speaking of originals, Ape Escape 3 has been rated for PS4 (PS2 game with the new emulation/trophies). I will probably buy that in part just to check out the emulation with 1080p rendering and trophies, but also because I had fun with Ape Escape 2. Never finished it, but what I played was fun.

6. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    After some dileberation, I think MGSV might be a better idea in a year or two. How about the witcher though? I know the game is famously mature, but The romance scenes can be skipped and overall the gameplay isn't any worse than your average lord of the rings movie. Thoughts?

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    My 21 y/o son played about 60 hours on The Witcher. Noted that are definitely some adult scenes, but otherwise he thinks it would be fine for a 15 y/o. I put in about 10 hours or so, and it is definitely a fun game. I couldn't play it due to my son playing it so much..

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! I think I'll go with that if the parents are cool with it, but I'll look into MGSV a little more.

9. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Holiday sale week 2 is up for U.S. I can recommend Super Mega Baseball for 4 bucks with plus. Any opinions on Shadow Warrior? On the fence with that one.

10. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I'd say Fallout 4 it's not that mature, although I haven't finished it yet so I don't know if there's any surprise at the end of it.
    @darkhorse Shadow Warrior it's really good at that price, it's pretty much an arena based old school FPS with some interesting sword combat IIRC

11. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks. Maybe I'll get both fallout and the witcher then!

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think you will love it! They have both modes (flat and circular) and with your twitch skills, it will definitely challenge you on the hard levels. I play on easy, but still have a blast. This will be a day one purchase for me, and will lijely give me at leadt 100 hours of fun.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Super Mega Baseball is indeed good. I have never played Shadow Warrior, but some friends of mine have and loved it. For me it looks too over the top gory. Not my thing.

14. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Thanks guys. Ended up with:

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    Shadow Warrior
    Shantae: Risky's revenge

Looking forward to next weeks sale.

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Wolfenstein is a great shooter, have fun

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    After some recommendations on good local co-op (split or same screen) games for the PS4, any genre, big production or small. Basically anything fun 2 player on couch.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    My kids (23 & 21) have a blast with the Zombie mode in the new Call of Duty. It is split screen.

18. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Depends on who you'll be playing with but my favorites are rocket league, injustice gods among us, plants vs zombies garden warfare, Cod black ops 3, minecraft among others.

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks Pluto, this one will be my first port of call along with Battlefront, have only played online co-op but seems like it'd be a blast.

Cheers I had forgotten about PvZ, must dig that out.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Does Battlefront have split-screen coop while playing online? If so I can't figure out how to do it. It does have split screen for the offline modes, but I don't see anything for playing online together with 2 local players.