The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I'm just happy with the Yakuza news.

Couldn't care less about anything else, TBH.

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I personally didn't cared for a lot of the announcements, but the FF7 remake and Yakuza both look impressive and now I'll keep an eye on both, and yes, I agree with you, VR doesn't look that impressive now, I mean, of all the games presented only the Taxi Zombie one and RIGS (Was on past E3, wasn't showcased this time) caught my attention.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #643 september, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    I was surprised with the Full Throttle remake, it was fun back in the day but was short even back then, so I hope they extend its play time somewhat. Ni no Kuni II was also a nice announcement, but I hope they adult it up a bit. I don't mind cute and cheerful but for a pretty taxing and challenging game it felt a bit young.

Been playing the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta and it feels pretty much like the MP before it with a bit of TLOU chucked in (crawling away and getting yourself double killed). Graphically was um, okay... Think because they're targeting 60fps they've dropped a lot of singleplayer's fancy bits. There's 3 lots of currency, in game dollars that you get for kills and I presume objectives (the beta only has TDM) and this buys you your in game power ups and acts as your experience which gives you another kind of point system which I am yet to figure out how to spend. Then you have some purple currency that's earnt via doing daily goals (yep, thank you mobile), this seems to be used on buying a random chance of premium goods, then you have the uncharted points which don't look like can be earnt but are rather bought (but could be wrong). These buying you taunts, hats, suits, etc. Matchmaking is traditionally slow as you'd expect from ND unfortunately, maybe not as bad as TLOU but there will be times you exit just out of boredom. Overall they should have just released it as a F2P product and ejected it from the Singleplayer and not tainted it, but at the end of the day I don't think it will be all that bad, just won't ever feel complete.

It is really easy to kill people which bodes well for casuals, K/D ratio is a lot higher in this than in other games and I'm not super good these days. So overall it's fine, doesn't change things up like they were saying and not nearly as fun as other MP games already available. Not a great looker either, no mutt but again there are better examples of pretty around. I do expect the campaign to be lovely though as for that they're targeting 30fps.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I thought the show was pretty good. Nuclear Throne was released and it's pretty great. Twin-stick rogue-like. It gets intense. The best I've done is to make it to 3-2 several times. Tough game but very addicting.

On PS4 it has coop (local only) and that's fun. Played it with one of my kids.

5. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'll have to check that game out. Split screen coop is rare these days.

As far as everyone else's feedback goes, thanks. I agree with that they will sink their money into and then it will most likely die out. Whereas I have Eyetoy back on PS2, it was cool but very broken. On PS3 I had Move, and it was deadly accurate, better than both Wii and Kinect IMO, the most accurate physical system. Now I think the VR experience will end up more like Eyetoy, than move. They were better off with Move than Eyetoy or VR. Maybe next gen they'll nail it down. I hope so, but I don't think this iteration of VR will soar.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    To be exact, not split screen. You are on the same screen together. No split. :)

7. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    My bad haha, I pretty much meant any game that allows you to play same-system. :p

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
  9. september

Sep 14, 2012
  10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Cool. Havent played this for a while. Nice that Bluzzard continues to come out with new content.

Been playing Talos for a few days. Very intriguing game. If one isnt just trying to solve the puzzles and finish the game, the side story is keeping me guessing as to what the heck is actually going on.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #651 september, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Does anyone have thoughts on The Elder Scrolls Online? Don't think I've seen anyone post about but currently on sale for another 12 hrs in EU for 60% off and sounds like it's not a bad solo game? Not really an MMO person, but if it plays like a really large Scrolls game I might be keen.

Also see Sony is partnering with the newly formed Kojima Productions now that Hideo has officially left Konami for a platform exclusive, should be weird and interesting, and no doubt take awhile.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Wish I could help you. I don't know. There are number of games that might be reasonable and pretty cheap, but I am not getting any as I just don't know if they are going to just be a short trial and then hang it up.

Talos down to $20. Really good price for a very excellent game.

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks anyway Pluto, I decided against in the end. Good deal but I think other people running around my quests would totally break any immersion for me.

14. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    It does. Plus everyone keeps their gamertag so you'll see donkeyshow21 running around the dungeon. It's an ok mmo but I wasn't impressed and I love elder scrolls.

15. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Any feelings on how in/appropriate Metal Gear Solid 5 would be for a mature 15 year old? I haven't played it myself, but I'm considering giving it as a gift. The potential receiver loves games like this and I've done a bit of research and the gameplay doesn't look bad at all, but the cutscenes seem rough. I came across a site where people review games by age appropriate-ness and the "Parents" said 13+. Thanks for any feedback as Christmas is just a few days away and would like to choose by then.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I wouldnt have a problem, really depends on the parents. Some are wanting their 15 y/o to have 13 y/o exposures, others are more realistic. Might want to contact the parent(s) and see what they say. Very good game though.

17. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely talk to the parents first, I just wanted to know if the games was so mature it wouldn't be worth even bringing up. Thanks again!

18. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    I agree with Pluto, but there are some scenes that are kind of disturbing TBH (mission 43 for example) and I would say that those are not really suitable for a 15 years old, and there's Quiet, but I wouldn't honestly mind about the 'over sexualized' look of hers.
    Also, I'm not a parent but I'd say it's surely a 17+, I'd say Destiny TTK, Fallout 4, Uncharted TNDC or even Tearaway would be better options.

19. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok, thanks! What did you think is disturbing?

20. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    A mission that takes place in somewhere called 'The Devil's House', Skull Face's death was somewhat gruesome and I guess mission 43 (can't spoil it) but because the context of what you are doing