The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #621 september, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Valkyria Chronicle Remaster for PS4 incoming, not really crazy about the remaster but at least it bodes well for 3 being ported to English and perhaps a remake of 2 before 4 is released.

Once you get past all the cutesy chatter there's a really solid TBS there, something I'd like to see a western developer tackle and put their own touch to.

Probably one of the weirdest franchise release methods though, the first one for PS3, the second for PSP, the third for Vita (no official English port), the fourth for PS4 (hopefully an English edition).

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #622 ScotDamn, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    That's awesome news. I hope it doesn't take too long for this to happen! I purchased the PSP one to play on my vita but I need a PS3 to install it. Lame cause I don't have one.. :-(

The series comes highly recommended tho from tbs fans.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Started Transformers Devastation last night. Fun game, but stingy with the trophies. I didn't get a single one yet. I'm playing on the default difficulty and it's a good challenge without being too frustrating.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not sure if it will last, but Amazon has Arkham Knight Premium (reg game and Season pass for $17 for digital download. Super cheap, liklely a price mistake.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Few days old now but unofficial remote play app for PC has been released/reviewed, and Sony have announced they are working on an official one for PC and Mac.

I'm not sure how useful these will be honestly, but I guess like PSVita remote play it can be good while people are watching TV or if you're away from home and want to check on something. I guess most cheap laptops would be fine judging by the unofficial reviews, it's just video streaming really after all.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yeah, I was real happy to see the official remote play will work on Mac since I don't have a Windows box to use. It could come in handy on occasion for sure if it works well and as long as it supports a DS4 you don't have to worry about how the controls will translate.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not sure for how long, but Amazon has the Talos Principle on sale at $30 for the physical disc. Seems like a good deal - I picked it up.

8. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Got a really good haul during the Black Friday PSN deals. Managed to get a 20% code which made the deals even sweeter.

Im still salty about missing $20 Dragon Quest Heroes.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Did not see that deal. At $20 its worth it. I got it for 45 and really not worth that price point. If you love the Dynasty Warrior type game - right up your alley. Tons on enemies, lots of people with special attacks. Howver, on easy mode the difficult attacks are generated automatically and even with manual, the attacks are not hard. A casual romp that becomes a bit too much of rinse and repeat.

Bloodborne is growing on me. The levels are huge! The chaluce dungeons will make you **** your pants. Still, very difficult, frustrating, and very, very dark - gives me nightmares.

Any hints on the 20% off codes?

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Proper DS4 support would be sweet, fingers crossed.

11. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Yep it was a price mistake by Amazon. Don't have the site atm where I got the code. It was $3.49 so technically not 20% but because of the savings, it was still better than using the 10% (which I was able to use on a separate purchase). Codes don't stack.

I still wanna play Demon Souls before jumping into Bloodborne. My CE will stay sealed until then.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That's a great game. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, though, I had problems with this game at first until I turned of look acceleration, vertical snap and something else I'm forgetting. Probably the only one that really matters is the weird vertical snapping (where it moves your view back to center vertically automatically) but left all 3 off and then had no problems at all.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Downwell looks like it's coming to PS4 (and Vita). At least they are asking about it and I take it as a teaser:

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/671539331236888576

Very cool game that is hampered (for me at least) with the touchscreen controls on mobile. I'm really looking forward to having this with physical controls.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Great news! I bought a kickstarter package for my son for his B Day so I don't know all what he is going to get, but getting the game is going to be awesome. I will likely have to purchase it again myself. I was not sure it was ever going to happen.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Got it this afternoon. Great game so far. Got the first 4 sigils and exploring the temple. The themes are really messing with my head already. I have not run into any of the motion issues yet. Really impressed though for the first 20 - 30 minutes...

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Anyone get The Last Tinker : City of Colors game? Reviews that I can find are mixed, but looks to compare it to Jak and Daxter (I have very fond memories of the original, not so much 2 and 3)

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Questions on Talos Principle

I seem to be monopolizing the thread with all my inane babbling... sorry...

@crunc - the environments within Talos are beautiful and I am enjoying just looking at it, but other than the pieces and the occasional cryptic message, is there any need or reason to "explore" the areas within Talos, or is all just for show? I don't need spoilers, but would like a little more than a cryptic "yes" if so....

19. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Anyone catch the first day of PSX '15? What are your thoughts? I was pretty unimpressed with Playstation VR. We are in an age of technology where I believe, if you're going to do VR, it's needs to be to a higher caliber than the games they displayed today. I was unimpressed. They took Rez, an already existing old game, albeit a fun one, and made it VR. Not impressed. The only game on there I could see being potentially fun is the one by Ubisoft, Eagle Flight, I believe it's called.

As far as the other games they really didn't show us much in the way of new stuff, apart from DLC. This whole PSX expo really just seemed like a huge marketing ploy to me, rather than a keynote showing us awesome things to come. I don't care about a new Street Fighter character, although I'm sure some do. And I never bought Destiny because of the Taken King BS that they pulled on their loyal players, and everyone started disliking it. So, while the things they showed were kind of cool, and interesting to watch, it's nothing that I'm extremely excited about.

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I personally don't see it going anywhere, one of the most important aspect of 3D gaming is movement, and largely this still seems to be a hurdle. VR has some real application, just I don't think in its current state that it's of much use for current gen gaming past the "wow" and "cool"'s.

Sony is sinking a lot of money and developers time into this, they will give it 3-6 months and probably shelve it once it doesn't meet install expectations.