The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I got Blood Bowl 2 from the library (our library gets video games, but only T and under rated titles). Haven't had a chance to try it, though, because this week I keep falling asleep before I get to any gaming. Argh.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The PSN store finally added a wishlist (at least on web - haven't been able to check on console yet). Only problem is it doesn't remove things from your wishlist once you buy them. Still, useful.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Agree, I would like to see them do a sequel just so they could nail it and deliver fully on potential.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    AC Syndicate is a lot of fun. Better than Unity and improves a lot of functions over Black Flag. Playing about 6-8 hours and enjoying it a lot. Typical AC with the Sequences, lots of side quests, crafting, exploring, crowd events, making money, etc. If you like AC games certainly worth grabbing in a BF deal assuming it will drop to $30. I got it for 48 since i have the Bestbuy gamer club.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I got if as a present in the end, feels a lot more assassiny and pleasantly surprised. Being able to have two different character builds is good. Would have liked a bit more build up to the Rook thing (one minute you're talking about making a gang, the next you have one) and still like Unity, but this feels a better evolution of the series and in some ways returns to its roots while making something fresh.

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Doesn't seem to be a strong following for racers here but bought Driveclub Bikes and it is hella fun, recommended for anyone that likes pretty and speed. Never really had an interest in racing bikes bar trying out a few underwhelming demos, this hits the spot though.

Also the Detroit trailer is brilliant if anyone hasn't watched it yet.

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I can't wait to try out the bikes, I haven't gotten on my PS4 yet since I saw the announcement. My only issue with driveclub is that none of my friends play it, so I've completely missed out on the "Club" aspect of the game. i agree that Detroit looks amazing, I wonder what type of game it is though. I'm crossing my fingers for a third-person action style, in inFamous with a cyberpunk vibe.

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I also just picked it up last weekend and am having a blast. The carriages are so much fun and I like the implementation of more historical characters. I agree with the rook part, one minute Evie shuts the idea down, then she goes and does a mission, and when she comes back London is overrun with rooks without even a recognition of it in the dialog.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It's the next game by the devs of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, so almost certainly safe it will be that type of game. I only tried the demo of Beyond: Two Souls, but didn't like it much at all. So for that reason I can't get excited about Detroit. On the other hand, android story. So, maybe?

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #550 crunc, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  11. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
  12. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok, cool. I never played either of those so I'll reserve my opinions for Detroit until launch.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #553 crunc, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    There is a demo for Beyond: Two Souls, so you could try that to get an idea of what their games are like. Some people really like them:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/beyond-two-souls-demo/cid=UP9000-NPUA72074_00-DBEYONDTWO000001

EDIT: of course this is a PS3 game, so not of much use if you don't have a PS3. Actually apparently they announced remasters of both for PS4 at the Paris Games show.

14. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! Yep, no PS3 here. Are driveclub bikes out yet? I looked on the store and didn't see anything.

15. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #555 september, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Think point and click adventures without restrictive views and basically typical third person most of the time, QT's for any action orientated aspects (it's primarily an adventure game). If you liked classics like Monkey Island, Beneath a Steel Sky, Telltale stuff (without the no risk feel) and Life is Strange but a little more in depth/adult orientated, you might enjoy it. Developers did Heavy Rain which had promise (although I enjoyed the additional character DLC episode better), Indigo Prophecy and Beyond (which I haven't played, theme didn't interest me). They usually have interesting concepts but depends on a persons attention for detail and pacing.

They were out yesterday for EU and tied in with the Paris show.

You should do the Club aspect, I had about 6 people I know play it but you really don't need to know them to get the benefits, it's basically individual achievements that contribute to the group pool or club challenges. The social aspect of clubs is an illusion mostly.

16. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    That's too bad about the point-and-click nature of Detroit. I might still try it, but I'm not sure. Thanks for clarifying the driveclub bikes thing, I was so confused when I didn't see it on the US PSN store. What would you say is the best way to find an active club?

Also, I'm trying to remember a name of a game. It was announced last year (I think), it was a co-op shooter and I feel like it may have been by housemarque. I know it's not much to go on but any ideas?

EDIT: never mind, I found it. It's called alienation if anyone's curious.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Alienation is a sequel of sorts to Dead Nation. It looks pretty fun and perhaps brighter lit than Dead Nation, which is a plus in my book. These are the folks behind Resogun, incidentally. They have another game coming out too, MatterFall, but I'm not real sure what that is.

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Heavy Rain messed with my brain so much that I had to quit playing it. Some of that is I have 3 kids, and for me I immersed myself enough that i was imagining being in the place of the dad. Someday i would like to go back and actually play it through, but it will likely be in a year or 2.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #559 pluto6, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    AC Syndicate is great for me. AC is back to its roots and both characters have personality that you can invest in. Although, i generally play Evie, she has just got some great moves.

Anyone looking at this pen and paper RPG that just got released? I guess PC version was great, and console is supposed to ge pretty great as well. Divinity: Original Sin.

20. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I agree that the brighter lighting is a plus, dead nation always seems a little too dark. I don't think it'd be a stretch to assume matterfall might be a twin-stick shooter. I'd love to see something completely different from the brilliant minds at housemarque though!