The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    The main thing that annoys me with a PC, or the two main things is 1) hardware is typically never used to its full potentially no matter what grade specs, 2) even with a high end set up there's no guarantees a game will run well or at all due to some weird combination of setups. I have built seriously good set ups on paper only for them to still run into problems with some titles, more often then not I find myself fixing or tweaking things rather than playing.

I tend to game on my PC for the types of things that best suit it, RTS, God games/world builders, management. Most other things will tend to be on console because they're built to spec and I know exclusives will run and look pretty darn sweet. But everything has its place and I think some platforms are better suited to particular genres.

2. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Getting my PS4 copy of Arkham City in another hour... can't wait :D

3. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Because it's highly underrated I just wanted to share my thoughts on Wolfenstein: Old Blood as anyone who likes their FPS games should drop the dime on it (it is cheap anyway).

+ 7-10 hours for campaign, depending on how completest you are that could be extended
    + Challenge maps further extend that if you want a gold rating (think Modern Warfares arcade maps)
    + Same solid gunplay as New Order but better set ups for firefights
    + Rock solid 60 FPS and some really nice ashetic design
    + Nazi Zombies
    + A couple of new weapons

- Castle gets a bit old at the start
    - Less weapons overall
    - Story is fine, but not as motivating as New Order, BJ says some pretty irrelevant things
    - Start is a bit slow

For me personally, coming from old school FPS, Machinegames have really nailed it and feel Wolfenstein is one of the best recent shooter examples available and is highly recommended for anyone who likes good down to earth, honest gunplay.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Is anybody else playing Rocket League? Really great game! And the devs have said all DLC maps will be free. Game for free (with PS+) and free new maps as they are released. Awesome! There will also be cosmetic DLC - some of those will be free and some will not. I'll probably toss them a bone for some of the better paid cosmetic DLCs since I didn't have to pay for the game.

5. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Totally agree with you, The Old Blood is pretty much how the DLC should be made, a reasonable price for a reasonable amount of content mixing mechanics of the main game and adding new ones, I got this and TNO at lauch (I pre-orderd both) and they both are simply amazing and well worth the money.
    BTW: It's longer than The Order 1886 :v

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    That got a smile out of me

7. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    You know, pretty much anything is lengthier than The Order 1886, even the Mortal Kombat X campaign or a speedrun though any game. Also, I bought and actually didn't hated The Order, I just think that it was a really brief game for the 60 dollars I spent, also, letterboxing.

8. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Finally beat Bloodborne! :D

9. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    U say wot m8?
    I guess I have to 'git gud' at it, I can't even kill the first boss.

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah replay was questionable too, I still thought it was decent for what it set out to do though.

Enjoying Dying Light at the moment, some bleh textures but overall not a bad game.

11. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I am! It's a super fun game so far, I love the customization aspects and the gameplay is super smooth. I'm glad they're adding more fields, but I wouldn't mind paying for them. How about arkham knight? I'm about a third through the story and so far am absolutely loving it. All the side quests and villains and you know, the BATMOBILE are very strong additions to an already fantastic game. Also, the riddler trials are a very interesting twist to the regular gameplay.
    Anyone playing batman?

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am playing Batman, but am actually not liking so much dependance on the Batmobile. I wish it was presented a bit more as an option, or even as a best option, but so many things happen ONLY with the Batmobile in play. Still an excellent title. I also have trouble controlling the Batmobile. It feels like the mass of a tank, with the acceleration of a motorcycle, it slides all over the place, and little ability to predict the slide (for me).

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Haven't taken the plunge yet, I have so many half finished open world games I need to sort before Fallout 4 that I need to get my A into G, been tempted though and have nearly bought it a couple of times.

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Journey is still a beautiful experience

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Started, never finished. Have to go back. Entwined is fun as well. Really enjoying Geometry Wars 3, although surprisingly enjoying it more on the Vita and ios. For some reason the control sticks on the PS4 for this game arent doing it for me.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    You really should, I had forgotten how brilliant it was. A lot will depend on who you're paired with but most people seem to get it.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Tomb Raider officially confirmed a one year console exclusive for Xbox, which is a shame but not unbearable and means enough time for all DLC to be included at a reduced price.

18. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    And after a really long afternoon I finally got my first Platinum Trophy ever with The Order: 1886, it wasn't hard (I managed to get 75% of the trophies in my first playthough) however it was an absolute tedium to get all the pictures and documents, now I'm ready to kill the first boss in Bloodborne.
    JK, any tip for killing him?

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Congrats TheOutlander. I got my first platinum trophy about a week ago too(PvsZ GW).

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    What's everyone's next "must have" purchase? Until Dawn, Metal Gear Solid V, Battlefront, Fallout, Rainbow Six, Black Ops or other?

I would like to check out Until Dawn And MGS, but think I'll be hanging out until Fallout in November.