The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Anyone else playing house of wolves? Prison of elders is amazing.

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I really like TW3 so far. Great story telling and those graphics and atmosphere, dang.
    One thing which is really annoying imo is the constant stuttering when moving the camera around as well as the tiny fonts which makes it hard to read any item descriptions etc.
    Hope that get's fixed asap.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Am I alone in waiting for The Witcher 3 to wow them? I mean it's a good RPG, but I can't help but feel I am missing out on something due to all the extremely high praise.

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Most people guessed this was a thing but looks like we're getting the Uncharted Trilogy in October, new textures, models, no multiplayer, etc. Bit over the whole remaster last gens decent titles because we have a lack of current gen ones but hey, we'll see how much they actually push the remaster.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The Witcher 3 camera panning chunk has been fixed in the latest patch (today), now smooth as butter as it should be.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Is this Patch 1.03? The Witcher forums look like this came out on 30 May, but we just got the latest patch today as well. The Loot dialog boxes are bigger - makes it easier to see what you are getting. My son is dominating the game... (meaning I am not getting to play it).

7. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I had one a few days back and a fresh one today, not near PS4 so can't check version number but it is a today/yesterday patch depending on locale. Unless EU got it late or some other mix up. If you check the patch notes on your PS4 it specifically calls out camera movement.

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Checked and it is 1.04, their forums must be a little behind.

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #409 Nekku, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Ye, it's 1.04.
    There are still some places and/or situations where the framerate slightly drops but overall this update has huge improvements performance wise. Glad they nailed it so fast.
    It's mostly very smooth now.
    Not sure, but did they lowered the LOD distance?

10. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #410 darkhorse, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Somewhat excited about this. I haven't played an Uncharted on PS3 (don't shoot me) but certainly interested in the trilogy. As for the remasters, meh. I don't actually mind them considering its the first year in a half or so for the ps4. Heck, get them out of the way early in the PS4 life. Now, if we're still seeing PS3 remasters in 2018-2019 then thats a problem.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    LOD distance seems okay (but could be wrong), however they seemed to have introduced a bug with models having parts missing completely that will never appear or are slow to pop in (torso, legs, horse body, and so on).

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Mega Man Legacy Collection coming to PS4 (and Xbone, etc). I'm excited about this as I have never played any of the original games. Only 9 and 10. I liked 10 because it had an easy mode, but 9 is way too hard. So actually I'm wary of it too, LOL, but I'm told that MM2 through 6 are more manageable then MM9.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/8/8746077/mega-man-legacy-collection-pc-ps4-xbox-one-3ds

So, yeah, another remaster, but this is a cool one.

13. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Hello,

I'm toying with buying myself a PS4, I've not had a console since my beloved PS2, I switched to PC gaming around that time. For some unknown reason I find myself wanting to buy a new console.

I know this is a ps4 thread and you're all likely be a little biased but is the ps4 worth buying for someone that only plays roleplaying games?
    I dislike shooters, fighting games, platformers etc etc and only play rpgs.

or would an xbox or Wii you suit my needs better?

Thank you

14. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Well, for RPGs I'd really prefer PC (The Witcher 3, DA: Origins, Mass Effect, Fallout, TESO) I mean, if you only play RPGs I don't really think that buying a PS4 is justified, well unless you are really interested in Bloodborne, but other than that, stick to your PC, there's not a lot of interesting PS4 exclusive RPGs other than Bloodborne.
    Edit: I don't know if Xbox or WiiU have better exclusive RPGs

15. Oldgamer

May 22, 2015
    Thanks, I guess I'll just stick to the PC then.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I buy consoles because I like using the controllers, like using a big screen TV, and don't like having to worry about upgrading graphics cards to play the games. But, PC's are probably smarter overall as far as capability. And, it is much easier to find programs that allow you to cheat (especially RPGs).

PS4 is a good console though. I have had mine about a year, have kids, and so it sees quite a lot of use. It runs well, plays Blu-ray disks (including 3 D movies) - so overall a good deal for me. I have not bought the Xbox One - it looked like it was going to do poorly from their initial announcement, and that assessment has borne out - now they are concentrating making it backwards compatible in order to try and compete with the PS4 - going backwards to try and go forwards.... (I fully love backwards compatibility, but also understand that it is not always the best strategy - the original PS3 made total sense as it was essentially 2 machines in one - the PS3 and the motherboard and chips for the PS2).

17. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #417 Aventador, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    I finally took the bullet and Preordered Batman limited edition PS 4 few days ago, should be coming in 2 days.So excited to finally get into playstation world again, my last console was PS1 slim and that was a veryyyy long time ago.
    The way I see it PC is way overpriced and I'm tired of all the problems you have to deal with parts not working as intended, not to mention constant tweaking to make everything work, consoles are plug and play and no worries attached which is what I aprrechiate at given time.

18. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Enjoy your PS4!

19. Oldgamer

May 22, 2015
    Sorry but I have to correct you there, only the off-the-shelf shop bought garbage PCs are over priced. (Especially junk like Alienware). but if you shop wisely, buy the components and build one (so easy these days a 5yr old could do it). You'll get a PC for a very reasonable price and it'll have a far FAR better spec than a shop bought costing the same.

That said, I hope you enjoy your PS4.

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I agree, but having played that game for many, many years (since the early 70s) it is still a hassle, and consoles these days last for years and years, so it really is a trade off of what you want a gaming ststem for. I have my consoles for gaming, and my PCs for productivity.