The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks crunc, I have been through that but problem still occurs so I think it may be hardware related but appreciated anyway.

It's about 6 weeks out of warranty, actual quote was $375, new ones here costing $650 but it is still a lot. I did contact support during warranty and they suggested re initialising software which I did and being a one off thing it seemed to be sorted, outside of warranty it has come back with a vengeance.

Thanks for the tips and info.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Big sale. Any must haves?

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Hotline Miami and Awesomenauts: Assemble.

4. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Are you using a surge protector?

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah, it's a manufacture problem and looking at Google not an isolated occurrence.

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    For anyone with Project Cars having problems with controls as by default it feels like you're driving with a keyboard.

Avoid Karts for starters, they're manic
    Lower rear tire pressure to help avoid lockup on turns
    Balance brakes to 50, again to avoid lockup
    Decrease deadzone on steering 15 is too high
    Decrease sensitivity on steering
    Remember your tires and brakes are cold for roughly a first lap in practice and qualifiers, take it easy until they're green

Some other tips:

Check video options, there's some stuff in there you may as well turn on
    If you like the effects in helmet cam you have the option of turning the helmet itself off
    Always get a good 1st and 2nd lap time for qualifiers so you start early in the grid

When I first jumped in I thought omg this is terrible, but with a little tweaking controls feel very very good on a controller

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  8. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    got one a couple of months ago on Amazon. Love it.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Sweet looking controller. Cant justify it though - i have 3 and swap 2 out wit the spare.

Anyone drooling for The Witcher3? Reviews from pretty much everywhere look good. I never played 2 on xbox 360, but it looks to be the type of game i love. I preordered from BestBuy and will have it next Tues.

10. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Same. It seems the build quality is higher on it over that black ones.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    well --- maybe I can justify it. :D

12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I've played bits of the first and second on PC so have been a bit hesitant on this one, I'd be interested to hear how it plays.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The newer black ones are good quality too. It was the early controllers that were problematic - black was the only option then. But you can be sure of getting a good quality one by getting another color whereas if you buy a black controller it could be an older one or a newer one. You pays your money, you takes your chancesÂ….

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    If you like a good arcade baseball game, Super Mega Baseball is great and still on sale for only $4.80 until 2 PM eastern today (in US, not sure about other countries). It doesn't have online, but it does have local multiplayer (competitive and coop) and the single player is great. I'm really enjoying it.

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    good is understated. An score of 92 out of 34 critics is freaking amazing! I'll definitely get myself a copy by tomorrow.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, well that is me. There is so much hype in the world so I tend to just be middle of the road. I tend to be much more passionate once I can actually form my own opinion.

Got my copy reserved for me at Best Buy - not that it really matters, but they had a Steel Case promotion, so I am hoping that will look cool.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Picked The Witcher 3 up anyway and done a handful of quest, I like the combat, not sold on some things but overall it seems decent enough. Will post better imps once I've played a bit more.

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Just got home from work including a copy of witcher3 inside my bag *yay*. Cant wait to start up my ps4.

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Warmed to The Witcher a bit more, I think some of the explanations could be better and some things can get buried but this is probably just as much my unfamiliarity as it is the fault of design. I would love to be able to turn of the camera reseting if anyone knows of a way, it's really jarring at times.

Quests and side quests are interesting so far, written lore is top notch.Combat as I've already said I quite like, lighting looks stunning at times.

I'm still not convinced it should be rated as high as it is but that could change once I realise the scope better, overall I'm finding it a really enjoyable RPG so far.

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Picked up my Witcher 3 - supposed to get the SteelCase - Best Buy "It hasn't come in yet - do you want to wait?" What a ripoff....

Still the game looks good. I only went through the tutorial, because I only have a few minutes here and there and want to be able to devote at least a few hours in 1 sitting so probably waiting til this weekend.