The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Stopped at Chapter 5 on 1886. I think the game is alright. Far from shitty but I wouldn't exactly run around recommending it either. I really would like (hope) to see some more gunplay later on. Graphics are amazing though. Wow. Will try to finish it over the weekend.

My 2 pennies so far.

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Well, if you've got a WiiU and beffy PC maybe there's isn't a point on getting neither PS4 or XB1 if you don't care for the exclusives.
    Now, regarding PS Now, IIRC the games will only be usable on Sony's smartphones, tablets and the PS4 and also keep in mind that zero of those games, ported to mobile or not, weren't designed for touch controls and because of that I don't think that getting PS Now just to play PS3 games on your tablet or phone would be a good idea and again, it's a Sony-based online service, it's likely to go under maintenance and be taken down sometimes.
    But that's just my opinion on the reasons of why PS Now shouldn't be going to change anyone's opinion on the purchase of a PS4.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Playing more of 1886 and I'm really enjoying it, I think a lot of the hate stems from pre release fanboy angst to be honest. Looking at Metacritic it isn't hard to spot the comments by people who've never played it and are just that echo chamber effect. I remember reading how you could unlock all achievements in the first two hours pre release, maybe I suck but I've yet to get one after 4 hours and I have another 11 or 12 chapters to go.

To me this is a game for people who enjoyed the original Uncharted or loved The Last of Us, it's a good solid Single Player experience. If you're not into story heavy SP then you're not going to be into this, if you only like open world games or RPG's then it probably won't do it for you either, it's an old school narrative driven solo experience and I fine with that. But then I also find it really odd that people dictate a games worth by what it's not as opposed to what it is, not to mention some of the commonly used negative points of the game are seriously over embellished or simply not true.

4. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    *Just* finished 1886. Wow, I just couldn't stop playing. I had to play to the end. Things definitely picked up after Chapter 5. And yeah, achievements started popping late game for me.

Had fun overall.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    1886 looks great, I don't care about the reviews. I want to pick it up soon, I just haven't had much time for console gaming lately.

6. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    Maybe everyone knows this already but the RGB settings for PS4 seems to be messed up. I've had it on "auto" this whole time and my tv supports both Full range and limited. I changed the settings from "auto" to just "full" on PS4 and holy hell, what a difference!! Night and day.

Make sure your tv has similar settings.

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    ^didnt know anything about it but will have a look at it.

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Just finished The Order, loved it but felt it could have resolved the story a bit further. It felt finished enough but there was also opportunity to further explore some aspects from the main storyline a bit more. There's definitely room for improvement in some areas (mainly balancing Cinematic's with gameplay) but it didn't deserve all the negativity. Looking forward to more in the franchise.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I have a modest degree of interest in The Order, but I don't generally like long cut scenes so I have doubt that I'm not going to hate it. LOL.

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    :) If you find games like TLOU or Uncharted 3 hard to get into then you probably won't like The Order.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  12. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
  13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I bought it and it is great, but note that it is very multiplayer-centric. I really don't think it's going to be that fun solo. But if you have friends to play it with it is a pretty great time. I should also note that after playing the tutorial and a couple levels solo I wasn't sold, but then playing with friends it was lots of fun.

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #334 Nekku, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Bought it too (on ps4) and it's really great! Especially when playing with either friends or random strangers. Since friendly fire is on you'll have to look out don't shooting at others which adds some nice difficulty to it. Until now the community seems awesome. Everyone is going for you lending their hand to help you back up when you're going to die. Didnt had one single jerk who tried to piss anyone off in any game yet over the whole day. There is an kick out voting available if someone thinks he can mess it up though. Highly recommended.
    It has also got some great reviews so far.
    If twin shooters is for you then go get it asap.
    It was around €16 which is a no-brainer to me.

15. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I've gotten Helldivers but I've been a bit busy to even get it downloaded, I'll hopefully get a game soon before bed.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Download it, because it is pretty awesome! Played for about 3 hours last night. Great game!

17. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Downloaded the FFXIV A Realm Reborn demo and it is so awesome! Definitely going to buy it soon.

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    FF Reborn is actually on sale over here in my country for €17.50 which is cheap as ffff.
    If this wouldnt require a monthly subscription I would buy it in a heartbeat though with Borderlands and Dead Island 2 getting released soon I doubt I am able to put enough time into FF to justify its monthly costs. So I held out on it, sadly.

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    DMC Definitive Edition is out now, only played the PS3 version recently due to getting it with PS+ but actually a really decent game with excellent combo orientated combat, PS4 version is nice and cheap too. 1080p, 60 FPS, all DLC.

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive is 84% off for the week, at least here, regions can vary of Sale of the Week.

Played and finished on PC before, but with the extra DLC and for the asking price I'm going to grab it again anyway.