The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks. Standing in the GameStop the said they had it for $40 but in reality it was $50 I decided that that's what I wanted to play so I bit the bullet and got it. I'm about 3 hours in and I've already had $50 worth of fun. Also, congrats darkhorse!

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Good for you. Excellent title.

FWIW, the PS4 games that I have bought at full price and I consider to be worth it are AC:Black Flag, Diablo, and Dragon Age : Inquisition.

I have purchased a number of others but am either having trouble getting into them, or was not especially enthralled with. My son absolutely LOVED The Last of Us on PS3, and with the game being the same, just upgraded graphics, worth a look if you like those types of games.

Have a blast with Black Flag - good luck with the master class pirate ships (I forget what they are called) - I beat 2 of them with a fully upgraded ship and a lot of patience, and probably a reasonable amount of luck.

Hopefully you like collecting stuff - there are a fair amount of upgrades that are available only through the collection missions. The overall story is great though and I thought the graphics were very impressive.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Anyone with Dying Light want to give their two cents worth?

Holding out for The Order but wouldn't mind something a bit more visceral in the meantime. As long as it's fluid, wasn't a big fan of Dead Island.

4. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #284 one.sixty.four, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Has anyone else grabbed apotheon yet? It's pretty cool. And the the visual style is amazing. It's free for PS+ too!

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I grab everything for PS +, but I don't always get around to playing them :eek:

However, with a recommend - I will likely try it. Thanks.!

6. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #286 one.sixty.four, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Cool, tell me what you think! Rouge legacy is also pretty cool from what I've played. This is the best month In a while in terms of ps+ freebies!

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I almost bought Transistor two weeks ago. Glad I did hold out on it.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Rogue Legacy is great, but the bosses are a bitch. I found them frustrating. But the core gameplay is pretty awesome so I still fire it up on occasions. Maybe someday I'll beat the game. Maybe.

I grabbed all the PS+ games (already owned Rogue Legacy), but haven't started any of them yet.

9. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I bought it past week, still no regret as it is just THAT good.

10. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Anyone's thoughts on Life Is Strange? I just finished the demo and I find it quite interesting but both length and the bizarre lip-sync are quite concearning to me.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I enjoyed it but it is a set up episode, I had mixed feelings because of the whole school/age thing but they've created a lived in world with character. Lip sync didn't really bother me as it has some reviewers but it does pull you out of the experience at points. While it's still fairly easy like a Telltale game it doesn't hand stuff to you quite as much and feels more like a game at points. Length-wise it's roughly what you'd expect from a Telltale title.

I think it's good, but need to wait and see how the story pans out as a whole. A game for those that enjoy Telltale, Heavy Rain (Lite) and stuff like Twin Peaks (spot the license plate). Art direction on it is really nice too, subtle and warm, almost filter like.

12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Good for you! :)
    Honestly, I don't like it that much and I think I would have regret it. I tought the combat system is like in Bastion, which was an awesome game in my opinion. You know, just slashing and dashing through countless enemies. I'm not the tactical guy by any means so it doesnt feel as good for me as it did in Bastion. It's surely a great game if someone likes the tactical combat.
    I'll give it another shot though.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am with you on this Nekku. I bought Transistor when it first appeared, and started into the tactics and had a hard time "getting it." However, this also happened to me with Assassin's Creed and the Batman games - -and when I eventually came back to them I wondered why they did not grab me at first.

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The Transistor combat is rewarding once it clicks, possibilities are really varied.

15. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #295 darkhorse, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    PS4 arrived yesterday! I played the tutorials for Need For Speed Rivals. Then the game wanted to install. It was stuck at 13%. I just put the PS4 in 'rest mode'.

EDIT: looks like it was downloading the rest of the game in the background. Everything should be good now.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Tried Battlefield Hardline Beta, BF4 was bad enough in suggesting you should buy unlock packs rather than grind for weapons but BFH is now purely about the cash. Driving model is abysmal, graphics are so-so, experience is a bit boring. Can't see myself buying it unless super cheap.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Super Stardust Ultra next week, new modes, interactive vote streaming, 20% off for PS+ members

18. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    great news. Loved Delta on Vita.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, this is pretty much of a must-buy. We still play Delta on the PS3 and likely has the most overall hours for all the games I own.

20. darkhorse

Jan 18, 2009
    After a week of owning PS4 my impressions so far:

- DS4 controller is way way better than DS3.

-I only played NFS Rivals and Saints Row (for an extended period of time at least) but I was kinda underwhelmed with the graphics. Maybe I'm asking for too much. Just those 2 games however.

-Messaging seems slow. I can't exactly tell but something seems off.

-I love the interface. I'm almost preferring it over the xmb design... almost. Maybe an option to switch between the two in a update?

-PS store was designed with the PS4 in mind obviously. Light years better than the god awful PS3 store. Even the Vita store is better than the PS3 crap. I'm a little iffy on the "single letter" search though.

-Love the remote play between PS4/Vita. Have not tried the second screen yet for the games.

Thats about all I can think of.