The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Just got my preorder of The Order 1886 (no pun intended), I just hope this does turn like Wolfenstein: TNO, under-hyped awesomeness! Please Ready At Dawn, don't f it up

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Amen.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Anyone have thoughts on Shadow Warrior? I am mostly looking at it for single player, not online, not competitive - just single player. I know its only $5 currently on PSN for the digital, but the trailer looks like it really meant as a multiplayer experience.

4. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    IIRC is single player only and it's one of the best swordplay based FPS I've ever played, and yes, I'm talking of the PS4 version (my current PC is a potato one so I can play games from 2008 at maximum), I bought it for 20 dollars, for 6 (at least here in MX) it's really worth it.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks. Went back and looked at the trailer - it shows a survival mode and Battle Arenas - which is why I was thinking multiplayer.

I will probably pick it up, although it sort of looks like a game that one plays in doses as there is really no "advancement". Just more and more enemies to kill...

6. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I've just finished Dragonage Inquisition and my opinion on it had done a full 180deg turn.

At first I played it for 2-3 hours and it seemed very boring and the combat very dull and tedious but after Xmas I came back to it and started anew.

Tonight I finished it (well, completed the main story) and I have 96 hours and 2 mins on my saved game.

I have to say for me it's goty material, a stunning unputdownable game of the highest order! It rate it 9/10 if not more.

But I almost traded it after that first play.. It's a slow burner, the first few hours seem boring and the combat sucks. 12-20 hrs in and it's fun, 30-40 hrs in and it's awesome!

It's probably the most enjoyable rpg I've played in the last year or two and I plan on doing a second Playthrough with a different race after I've gone through my PS4 game backlog. (Currently: 3)

7. afrah15

afrah15 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Looking from the stats and past experience.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have an OCD quality that makes me a completionist - and so I am trying to ignore my instincts and just go along the story line, but am frequently doing side quests and collecting things, etc. I have almost 70 hours and am still in Act 1.... Having a blast though. Definitely a very detailed game that can be played in a number of ways. I am playing a dual wielding rogue with Blackwall, Cole, and Vivienne - I try and change the characters around just to see different dialogs pop up. Hard to get rid of Cole though - he is just so bizarre and I like how he "outs" everyone with their secrets.

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Be careful you don't level yourself too high, you stop gaining experience for anything 3 levels below you.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for letting me know. I am mostly having fun. Just got schematics for tier 3 daggers for my duel wielding rogue and am not even going to make them. Their damage is too high and would make the game sort of a walkthrough.

11. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Any assassins creed fans here?

12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Bit hit and miss for me, stories have become irrelevant and general gameplay is the same. Originally I liked the scale and non button mashing combat but really apart from Black Flag and the sailing I struggle to convince myself to buy brand new. Haven't tried Unity, don't like the sounds of chests locked behind purchasable currency, or chests that you have to gain access to by 'playing' an iOS app.

Black Flag itself would have been better as an independent, fresh IP IMO.

13. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok. Somehow I've missed getting to play one so I'm hoping to grab black flag for $39.99 today (untiy is too buggy and a didn't want to pay $60 for a freemium game). Is black flag worth $40?

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Its a good game, but it has been on sale as low as 20, so 40 is basically "retail" at this point. I played it, finished it and actually completed 97% of everything, so i really enjoyed it, but objectively there is a lot of repetitiveness.

15. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Ordered a PS4 today. Very excited! :)

16. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    Congrats my friend, you've got the bundle with a free game right?

17. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Ya I got the Destiny one. Got that one so it can match my white Vita.

18. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    It's worth that and more. I'm not a huge AC fan but Black Flag was truly awesome!! I put over 110 hours into it and loved every second. imo it's by far the best AC game.

19. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    Good choice mate, I wanted a PS4 in white back when I bought mine but they were out of stock at my local game shop
    :/

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    As Pluto6 said you can get it cheaper. I liked it but haven't bothered to finish it, It's worth it for all the ship stuff though and while I wouldn't call it a good AC game, I'd call it a brilliant Pirate title. Well worth grabbing and worth the asking price, but you will find it cheaper than that if you look around.

Only other thing I'd add is that while there's nothing wrong with it graphically and does have some nice spots, it is fairly tied to its last gen engine but in a higher resolution.