The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Recently bought the Sony Wireless Headset 2.0's, think they're named differently in the US, so far I've found them to be brilliant. You can really nail sounds and positions in 3d space, adds a completely different layer and actually affects your gameplay quite noticeably. Sound really good, and while I can't speak for the more expensive wireless sets with VSS I've really been impressed with what I got for my money after using stereo headphones. They're comfortable and the hidden mic is just a bonus.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I don't know what version my Sony wireless headphones are - they are the newer ones though I think the Sony Gold - anyways, bought them a few months ago and really like them a lot. Good battery life and great sound.

3. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #243 one.sixty.four, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    Does final fantasy 14 require a paid subscription in addition to the price of the game on PS4?

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I believe so, there is a trial but it's your typical MMO subscription after that as far as I can tell.

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I get confused with Gold and Pulse, not sure which is the equivalent to the EU headset, but yeah they're very good.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I wish I had gotten to Sears right away when it was reported that they had the Gold headset for $30 (since they are clearancing all their VG stuff and getting rid of that department). Oh well. I'll stick with the pack-in earbud headset which really isn't that bad for chat-only.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Escape Goat 2 is only $4 for PS+ ($5 if not PS+) in the last week of the Xmas sale. I played about an hour so far and it's cool. Fun game and definitely worth that measly price!

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Battlefield 4 is a ridiculously low $12. Is it worth it for that? I remember the first reviews saying that it's was pretty buggy.

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    For $12 it's fine, I got the delete save game bug which was really annoying but I would hope they've fixed that now. BF games have always been super buggy but nothing that won't stop you enjoying it. My main criticism would be the MP unlocks, the incentive for you to pay to unlock things is pathetic as otherwise you'll need to devote A LOT of time in unlocking and then using things to get further unlocks. Pretty common practice, but be warned BF4 really blurs the boundaries between natural progression reward and incentivising shortcut purchases.

If you just want a military FPS with a no brainer story, some big Hollywood set sequences and the potential for good MP if you're prepared to invest your time or pay up extra, then you can't go too far wrong.

10. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks. To be honest, I wasn't even going to play the campaign. I just saw a gameplay video of someone jumping out of a crumbling skyscraper and I was sold. Is everything destructible? And can you jump right into muiltiplayer without have to start the campaign?

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    No and yes,

Most big scale destructible events are triggered/staged, you can jump in straight away but the learning curve is steep.

12. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok, thanks. Over the holidays I might have some younger audiences around that like to play with my PS4, now I know this is a rated M military shooter but I heard if you turn blood and language off and only play online it could suitable for younger teens (13-14?). What do you think?

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Mute chat and you should be right :)

14. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Great. I love sharing games with family but I didn't want to hand a controller to a 14 year old and them see anything too graphic. Thanks!

15. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I was just looking around the Internet researching battlefield 4 and it seems like there might to be a blood filter, is that correct? I'll get it anyway but just probably won't let the kids play it.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Think I'll pass on Dying Light this month and grab The Order 1886 mid Feb, looking fantastic and need a tight game after DA:I and FC4.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    You think The Order will turn out OK? So many delays. It was originally going to be a launch title.

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah I do, from what I've seen its looking pretty tight with a lot of really nice polish touches that aren't in line with a rushed game or one that's gone off the rails and needs salvaging, even a lot of decent releases don't have a lot of the layers they've added visually. The developer is the first to admit it will be a linear shooter, and that's fine if it does what it does do well.

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Borderlands Handsome Edition coming late next month

Borderlands 2

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (campaign add-on)
    Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
    Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
    Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
    The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
    Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
    Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
    Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
    T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
    The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
    How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
    Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
    Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
    Character Customization Packs
    Collector’s Edition Pack
    Commando Madness Pack
    Commando Supremacy Pack
    Commando Domination Pack
    Siren Madness Pack
    Siren Supremacy Pack
    Siren Domination Pack
    Gunzerker Madness Pack
    Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
    Gunzerker Domination Pack
    Mechromancer Madness Pack
    Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
    Mechromancer Domination Pack
    Assassin Madness Pack
    Assassin Supremacy Pack
    Assassin Domination Pack
    Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
    Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
    Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
    Psycho Madness Pack
    Psycho Supremacy Pack
    Psycho Domination Pack
    Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
    Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
    Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
    Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
    Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
    Psycho Party Pack
    Siren Learned Warrior Pack
    Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
    Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
    Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
    Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
    Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008