The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Super Stardust Ultra coming to PS4 too, yay

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am liking this news....

3. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Der-Kleine brought this to light for me in the PSVita thread, EA are giving one game away free this weekend for each Sony platform:

PS4 - Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
    PS3 - Mirror's Edge
    PSV - Need for Speed: Most Wanted

4. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Uncharted 4. Great graphics/animations, but looks dull :/

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I scrubbed through Uncharted 4 as I want that game to be a surprise, but looks like what I'd expect and happy to grab day one. Any release date for it?

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #226 Nekku, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    Grabbed PvZ GW and it's awesome so far, especially the multiplayer. Didnt had that much fun in a while.

FFVII is a cash grab imo. They will make tons of money out of it anyways due to its popularity but I would rather have a remake. How cool would that be? *sigh

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I watched an IGN impressions video at PSX on the order 1886, and they seemed to like it a lot more now. Do you think it looks good?

8. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Well, I'm definitely getting Uncharted at launch, that demo was just epic. Otherwise. not much from the event was terribly interesting to me. Getting Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare for free was actually really cool though.

I always thought it looked good, and I expect that it will receive quite good reviews and be comparable to something like Gears of War in terms of combat.

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #229 september, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    As a PS4 owner I'm still not keen on the SFV exclusive thing, I know MS do it all the time with 3rd party studios and sometimes with established franchises, but as a gamer I think it sucks a bit. If it were a new franchise or first party studio, sure go hard, but not a franchise that's been supported by gamers in general.

/end rant

In other news, downloading the Extreme Weather patch for Driveclub, looks awesome.

10. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Weather is out for driveclub? Awesome! *runs at light speed to PS4 and downloads it*

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Looks awesome too.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I just bought it a week ago for $45, but Dragon Age Inquisitions is now down to $40 at WalMart. It sure looks like it will be a great game - probably worth a look at this price.

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Definitely, well worth full price imo.

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Borderlands Remastered Edition rated by Australian Classification Board for Gearbox and 2k Australia (the developers for Prequel). No platforms mentioned but not a big stretch to see the 3 released in a package for current gen consoles.

15. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I would love to play dragon age inquisitions could I use ps4 gameshare :):) you can have the last of us remaster or driveclub or plants vs zombies

16. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Woah, thanks for sharing. They said that they dont have any plans on bringing BL to next gen consoles which was a huge let down for me so this news makes me damn happy right now.
    Hope it's pretty soon!

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Assassin's Creed Unity currently on sale (at least in US) at Amazon for $29.99 - even with all the bugs, seems like this is a reasonable price as it seems that many of the issues have been dealt with. In about a year they will have GOTY edition with DLC for this price, but in the meantime your PS4 will be a paperweight...

Development cycles continue to go up and up and seems like AAA titles are few and far between....

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Not playing anything Pluto?

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Fingers crossed

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Always playing something - too many things so I skip to multiple platforms.

Started playing AC Unity tonight - not as easy to get into as AC Black Flag and the story is not as captivating immediately. I guess I will see. Controls seem to be not as fluid and your player still makes all sorts of moves that are not what you wanted because of poor detection, or where the hit boxes are for the move that you are trying to accomplish. Very pretty though. Have not yet got the companion app- will do that soon, but I am not sure about how well I am going to like it. AC has been a mixed bag for me - Hated AC1, loved (and finished AC2) found AC 3 sort of meh - I am still playing it, but off and on over months. AC BF I loved and finished it (95% complete actually- so I really liked it), and AC Unity is starting off like AC 3 unfortunately.

I am getting Dragon Age Inquisitions for Xmas (how do I know that? - because I bought if for myself and will gift it from someone. :) ) and am very much looking forward to that. Started playing Dragon Age Origin (PS3) and realized what a great game it was, and am wondering why I did not like it a couple years ago when I first got it.

Still playing Diablo - what a great game! Need to go back and continue Child of Light.